• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Next Food Network Star: Season 14 Opinions and Predictions

I forget his name...does have going for him is his looks.Aarti's concept though - there is a lady, can not think of the name, on the new Cooking Channel who is very much like her! Aria does have that teacher style and way of speaking but she gets it out 99% of the time in a way the judges do seem to like. I think her character is appealing. And yes, "PRO"! Give me a break! The only thing he...I forget his name...does have going for him is his looks.
chefsteph07
Anyone watching this season? What do you think so far?

So far, I LOVE Aarti and Aria...Brad reminds me of Justin Timberlake...

SO GLAD that Dzintra is gone, can't stand Paul...wish Doreen would have stuck around a little longer. Brianna is good, if she would lose her attitude. The rest that are around are just so so.

I didn't even realize it was on again--what night?

I agree with you 100% on all statements. I love Aarti, enjoy Aria, and like Brad (I'm hoping he get's out of camera shock mode).

I wanna know where they found these people? Most of them are just god-awful.I like Aarti a lot. I don't like Brad. Yeah, he's cute and has those dreamy eyes. But the "pro" concept? Why would I want to watch that? We already have Anne Burrell's "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef".I only wish Dzintra were around longer because she makes for great TV watching on a show like this.

Keith - I understand what you are saying with Brad - his concept needs work. I'm just a softy for the eyes ;)....but I do lover Aarti - my hubby and I think she could have a fantastic show - there really isn't anyone out there like her, and I enjoy watching/listening to her.Gail - it's on Sunday nights...I'm not sure on the time.

leftymac said:
I wanna know where they found these people? Most of them are just god-awful.

I like Aarti a lot. I don't like Brad. Yeah, he's cute and has those dreamy eyes. But the "pro" concept? Why would I want to watch that? We already have Anne Burrell's "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef".

I only wish Dzintra were around longer because she makes for great TV watching on a show like this.

You should go on the TNFN Star's website, it lists all the contenders bio's. Some of them are VERY impressive, most of all, Brad's. And I agree about his concept. Lame.

I also like the Italian girl. She's just too cute. But, to have her own show, don't know if Id watch it. I'd definitely watch Aarti or Aria. Of course, all year last year I LOVED Melissa and now I think her show's a snooze. :(

chefsteph07 said:
You should go on the TNFN Star's website, it lists all the contenders bio's. Some of them are VERY impressive, most of all, Brad's. And I agree about his concept. Lame.

I also like the Italian girl. She's just too cute. But, to have her own show, don't know if Id watch it. I'd definitely watch Aarti or Aria. Of course, all year last year I LOVED Melissa and now I think her show's a snooze. :(

They can have impressive bios. Many people do. But c'mon..most of them are horrible in front of the camera and have horrible concepts. They can be impressive chefs, but not good cooking show hosts. I just wish they'd do more "in front of the camera" work in the audition process before moving them on to a show. Just once I'd like to watch a season of this show where there was more than 1 or 2 people that I liked.

And, some of the tests they put these people through are ridiculous -- like in season 3 when Alton Brown ridiculed them for not having knowledge about rare foods. I'd like to see Sandra Lee and Rachael Ray spout off knowledge on the same things.

this is my first season watching and i love aria & aarti. who are some past winners and what shows did they end up doing after they won?

I love Aria and Aarti...glad Dzintra is gone (she got on my nerves).Past winners: Guy Fieri (Diners Drive-Ins and Dives); Melissa D'Arabian ($10 Dinners on Sunday mornings...really a good show, but I have to record it 'cause I'm never home then)

Aria's way of talking like a Kindergarten teacher is annoying, but she seems sweet. I LOVE Aarti! I'm so glad she got over feeling like she didn't belong there. I wish Das could've got it together. I liked him, but he wasn't ready for this kind of thing. I agree with you Keith that some of the challenges are just crazy!! I always find myself wondering when Giada or Bobby Flay ever HAD to cook a meal in 45 minutes after grocery shopping for 20 minutes for head chefs for their show???! I mean come on!

Aarti's concept though - there is a lady, can not think of the name, on the new Cooking Channel who is very much like her! Aria does have that teacher style and way of speaking but she gets it out 99% of the time in a way the judges do seem to like. I think her character is appealing. And yes, "PRO"! Give me a break! The only thing he could possibly be a pro at is illegal in our state! The man can not talk on camera worth a dang. That will get him NO WHERE! And what are you thinking? Dzinter or whatever her name is seemed like she was on pot and stoned! She had the personality of a rock. Glad she is gone!!! I think it will be Aarti though. She has the most charisma of all of them. I have to cheer on Aria though as she is a fellow cheese head and she is good. Funny though, I can not stand Bobby Flay to save my soul do what so I know. I think he is an arrogant crud who needs to put on a spit and roasted over one of his own grills! I love Design Star too but put Vern on that spit with him!

wow, guy fieri was a past winner?!?! he's cool. i also like watching chopped. it's like nfns on crack! i like that they have new contestants every week. mix it up.

aria does need to stop talking like a kdg teacher, but she seems the most comfortable on camera & you can't fake that. the audience sees right through it!

1. What is "Next Food Network Star"?

"Next Food Network Star" is a reality competition show that airs on the Food Network. It features contestants competing for the chance to have their own cooking show on the network.

2. How do contestants get chosen for the show?

Contestants go through an application and audition process to be chosen for the show. They must have a passion for food and cooking, as well as a unique personality that would make for an engaging TV host.

3. How long is the competition?

The competition typically lasts for 10-12 weeks, with one contestant being eliminated each week until the final winner is chosen.

4. Who are the judges on the show?

The judges on "Next Food Network Star" vary from season to season, but they are typically well-known Food Network personalities and chefs. Past judges have included Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, and Alton Brown.

5. What are the prizes for winning "Next Food Network Star"?

The winner of "Next Food Network Star" receives their own cooking show on the Food Network, as well as a cash prize and the opportunity to publish their own cookbook. They also gain exposure and recognition within the food industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
Replies
Views
3RingChef