• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recap and Poll: American Idol Top Contenders and Fan Favorites

In summary, Lisa and Melinda are the only two who remain in the competition. Lisa is my favorite, but Jordin is also a contender.
pcchris
Silver Member
So, like I totally missed it tonight - who got voted off tonight? Along those same lines, who;s your favorite to win it? Thanks everyone!

Melinda got voted off. She was my favorite.

wow - she's the one I thought would win it.... I figured Blake would go tonight!

I am getting to think the whole thing is rigged. I don't know if I will watch the final or not.

I guess I should never be shocked because of the way the voting works, but WOW I am shocked! I think Melinda is so great.

I really think this year's top three was the best ever.

I like Blake also, but I wanted the final to be Melinda and Jordin.

Lisa

I just had a gut feeling that Melinda would go. She is kind of a professional already by being a back up singer. She knows that she is good. I hope that Jordan wins. I really like her.

Did you guys hear blake sing the nat'l anthem in his home town... it made me cringe!!! I totally wished that he left tonight, he's cute and all, but nowhere near as good of a singer as Jordin or Melinda!

krzymomof4 said:
I am getting to think the whole thing is rigged. I don't know if I will watch the final or not.

Yeah - look how long Sanjaya was on there! LOL!!!!!

GourmetGirl said:
Did you guys hear blake sing the nat'l anthem in his home town... it made me cringe!!! I totally wished that he left tonight, he's cute and all, but nowhere near as good of a singer as Jordin or Melinda!

I think part of Blake's problem with the NA is there was a big echo. The sound system was really bad....I agree that his vocals weren't great but the sound system wasn't helping :(

I think Melinda suffered the same fate as Chris Daughtry...everyone thought he was safe and voted for the others. This is the first year I really liked all 3 and I'm sure they will all go far. I think Jordin will be the winner.

GourmetGirl said:

I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks....I just know that they girls are way better that Blake. Maybe all the young girls had to call in and vote for Blake because Sanjaya is gone....who knows!! Well, now I'll be rootin' for Jordin, cuz Blake isn't that good. (I'm sure that Melinda will get a contract anyway.)

Sure was happy that Carrie Underwood won CMA awards yesterday...good for her!

I like Blake -- he's so DIFFERENT. He's not afraid, he can adapt to several styles of music and is always entertaining. When a stylist gets ahold of him he's going to be the next heartthrob. His mouth is funny though haha -- it's really small? :)

Jordin is VERY talented and very adorable, too, though. I love her spunk and she's so mature. I have to keep reminding myself that she's just 17. How awesome for her to acheive such things at a young age.

They are both talented, worthy and deserving of it and both are so very different. It's a tough call on the winner.

Mindy-do will have a FAR better career since she's not #1 or #2. She's impeccably talented -- she's have NO problem. Her recording contract can be done on her terms and she won't have as long that she would have to bow down to the American Idol producers.

I watch American Idol because it is my MIL's FAVORITE show and we are there every tuesday. My hubby and I have said from the get go that it is rigged. Still a firm believer in that! Either that or everyone else assumes that someone is voting for their favorite also. :D Can't belive Melinda got voted off! I thought Blake was going to go!

pcchris said:
wow - she's the one I thought would win it.... I figured Blake would go tonight!
My thoughts exactly! I really like Jordin, but I think Melinda was very solid! She never really messed up. Blake was good but not good enough to beat Melinda! Ughhh~ I will watch next week because I've been a fan of Jordin from day 1! And I am going to call 1000 times if I have to, to get her to win, because Blake is NOT good enough!:eek: He's cute, but this is a singing contest! I was really thinking the final two would be the girls and I was going to watch the finale and really vote from who did the best, because I really like the both of them, but I really thought I would vote for Melinda but now I know who I'm voting for, for sure!

I figured that Melinda would go tonight. She is amazingly talented. My reasoning, though, was that she is going to be absolutely fine without winning it. I don't think that winning will make a difference in her career at all.

I didn't vote for the final three at all. I was pleased with who the three were, and I'll be fine with whoever wins. I think they are all very talented, and winning doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be a star. (Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks anyone?)

Oh my gosh, so I'm an American Idol FANATIC and I was so upset last night! After the debocle last year with Taylor Hicks winning, I wasn't sure if I would get back into watching it again this year. Now, with Melinda gone, my frustrations are all back! If another novelty act wins this year I will scream!

I agree with so many posters here, that it's probably better that she didnt win because she will have more freedom in her contract, however, darn it, she's amazing!!!

Although Melinda has been my favorite from the start... if Jordin doesn't win from this point on, I may have completely lost my faith in American Idol...

Jeez, it's pretty bad when you get this worked up over a tv show, LoL! :) It's a slight addiction!

I like Taylor Hick Although my favorites over the years have been Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson I was tickled to see Carrie on the arm of Tony Romo at the ACM awards (making an official appearance together for the frist time). For those that do not know he is the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. They both seem like realy nice people and they look so cute together. Rumors that they were dating started circulating back in December after she was seen on the sidelines at a game last fall.

I can see where Blake has an appeal to the younger audience but I think Jordin as a broader appeal. I just knew and I think most people felt that Blake was leaving. It must be a personality thing because Melinda is definately a beter singer than Blake but no worries. That girl is not going to be a back up singer to anyone anymore. She has developed so much confidence during the course of the competition.

http://www.carrieunderwoodonline.com/gallery/img1629.htm

Last edited:
I love Taylor Hicks. :) He made me smile and entertained me to no end and I love his voice. I picked him to win from the tryouts. My husband told me I was nuts, but I was right :)

Couldnt' stand Carrie Underwear when she was on the show. The girl had a fabulous voice, but the personality of a cardboard cut out, but she seems to have gotten more comfortable with her stage presence now so that's good.

My other favorite people that have been on the show have never won First -- Bo Bice, Chris Daughtry, George Huff, Gina Glocksen, Chris Sligh, and Kimberly Locke. :)

I guess I also have to say that we keep calling a singing contest and Simon also calls it a singing competition. If is was a singing competition then it would be just based on the votes of judges that know singing. The fact is that it is a popularity contest along with a talent competition. Remember the first year - No one even moved. Now they are dancing and showing thier personalitites and working the crowd. The top money makers in the music business are not always the best singers but they have found a way to get the public to love them and buy their records.

I'm am boycotting the finale. Melinda was by far the best of all the contestants. After the whole Sanjaya debacle, I am now completely dissillusioned with the show. Like it wasn't bad enough watching talented people leave every week while he stayed, now Melinda's gone in favour of Blake. It is a singing competition -- not beatbox!

And let's not forget about the jerks that are Voting for the Worst just to mess up Idol. They want you to vote for people like Snjaya to mess up the whole contest. They now say it fo entertainment purposes but their original message last year when they were trying to get people to keep voting for Kelli Pickler was that they were upset because they only let through pretty people and brought in the not talents for entertainment value - HELLO IT's a television show. But the truly good singers come through by the end of the season if people like VFTW don't mess with it.

I always liked Taylor Hicks too, but I haven't bought his CD. I thought Daughtry was going to win that year. I bought his. :)

krzymomof4 said:

I completely agree with you. I'm done watching it as well. The best vocal was Melinda and now she is off I could care less who wins now. Melinda didn't have the look. Jordan is only 17 and Blake is very trendy.

The only American Idol CD I have purchased was Josh Gracin I just don't buy CD's much although I do like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood

The dang yard people severed our cable line on Wednesday morning!!! I missed the result's show! I had my husband (who was/is working out of town) look up the results for me. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!

There is no way in a just world that Blake should still have his butt in the competition!! But to still be there with Melinda gone?!!! Crazy!! I always felt the final 3 should've been LaKisha, Jordin and Melinda with the final 2 being Kisha and Melinda (although in the last few weeks Jordin really stepped up her game). I am so addicted to this show it is not even funny!!

It is funny though. I don't vote, but am moved by the results :). A little crazy I know. I watch it for the entertainment value. It is something I can watch at night with my children. I don't have to mute stuff they say and we all enjoy it. Of course, I DVR it and we watch it later, but if I were to watch it at night we could.

I heard some really ugly things about Jordin on the radio this morning. The guy kept calling her fat. He kept asking what kind of role model she would be to kids. I was like, "Are you smokin crack?"!! That girl is very pretty! She has a good HEALTHY looking body. AND she is only 17!!! I hope her parents are able to shield her from that stuff. If not, we'll see a Karen Carpenter story happen all over again.

Think about this, though. Melinda lives in Nashville and was only a backup singer????? Why was she never picked up at a star???? I think Idol was originally thought up as a competition for non-professionals. I think that Jordin is the best, but I thought Taylor was going to be second last year. Of course, I can't complain because I don't vote. How about Elliott's teeth???? Blakes mouth was mentioned in a previous post. Looks like money can fix things.

Elliott got his teeth fixed? But what about those ears? He looks like a little elf. Actually he looks just like his mother...who looks like a little elf.

JackieBozeman said:
Think about this, though. Melinda lives in Nashville and was only a backup singer????? Why was she never picked up at a star????

I have thought about this. I thought it was maybe because her confidence level wasn't/isn't that high. I don't think she ever really saw herself as a lead vocalist until this competition.

He covered up his ears by growing his hair longer. It is really curly--I hardly recognized him.

I too was soo disappointed by Melinda getting voted off. She was an amazing singer. Jordin's cute but if she really wants to be famous in the teen bracket I think she will probably end up loosing weight. I don't agree with it, but I also don't make up the hollywood rules of fame--just look at Kelly Clarkson. She's lost so much weight since she won and went blond-SAD. Really hollywood's weight range is normal globally, but not typical of the average american. No offense inteded towards anyone-just an observation & for the record I am pretty fat myself.

well, what do you all think after the final performance? My personal hope is that Jordin wins, when Melinda lost, I knew for sure who I wanted to win and Jordin gets my vote, over and over and over!:eek: :eek: ;) :D

MissChef said:
well, what do you all think after the final performance? My personal hope is that Jordin wins, when Melinda lost, I knew for sure who I wanted to win and Jordin gets my vote, over and over and over!:eek: :eek: ;) :D

I agreed with Simon :eek: :eek: Blake wins the performance; Jordin wins the singing. I felt really bad for Blake on that last song. It wasn't one he wanted to sing and it was definitely not his style. It was a perfect song for Jordin. I understand it was the winning song for the songwriter competition but still....not fair. In my opinion...last night was a toss up. YES, it's a singing competition so if it was judged solely on singing....Jordin wins. The judges made a big point of mentioning that over and over. But we all know that America votes for who they like. Last year Kat had the better voice and look who won.

I keep hearing about what great 'style' Blake has. Am I the only one that is not impressed? Where something different besides baggy plaid pants or a plaid sweater and an untucked shirt underneath. I think Jordin could dress a little more age appropriate. She is 17 and constantly looks like she id oging to the prom. I know going sulty like Katherine McPhee is a little much but I liked the way she dressed better.

I am not terribly impressed with the stylists this season

Kathytnt said:
I keep hearing about what great 'style' Blake has. Am I the only one that is not impressed?

Maybe it's an age thing :) My 12 yr old son walked into the room as Blake started his first song. Colter was VERY impressed and thought it was so cool. I admire his talent to be able to do that but, like you, it's not what I want to listen to.

Melinda's better off.

I have a hard time bringing myself to think that the whole thing isn't rigged as well. Taylor Hicks reminded me of a hotel lounge act every time I saw him sing/perform. I couldn't believe he kept getting through and then he won. (Let's face it--K.T. Tunstall was the real winner! Now she's a household name!)

The Sanjaya thing was annoying, but seriously, who's doing the real voting here? People like me or you? Nope. At least not in the majority (I myself have never voted). It's a middle-school crowd doing the most intense voting. I'm not about to spend my time calling again and again and again, but if I were 12 or 13... Tweens and teens have the free time, the desire, and the access to make this show.

That said, though, I have a hard time believing that that many people from that age group would have put Taylor Hicks through. I guess I just don't know...

another season over...............

do you think Jordin could have been wearing an UGLIER dress? JMHO! The dress did nothing for her at all. oh well. who am I to say?

All I know is that it's done now for a while.

I'm just happy she won. Thought Blake was cute and sweet and I thought he was a great entertainer, but I thought Jordin had the voice and the spark, no pun intended! Don't know how I would have voted if it would have been Melinda up there with her, I think I literally would have voted by the performance and tried not to go with favortism (sp?) and really went from the performance!
I'm happy with the results over here though!:)

What was really weird to me is Sanjaya actually performed better on the show doing the same song that he did in theocmpetitions. The pressure was off

Yeah Jordin!

My 7 yr old was jumping up & down with joy~ she's loved Jordin since the first show:)

Thanks for posting who won! I wasn't home and we recorded the Lost finale instead!

Our DVR cut off just as they announced how won so my daughter got on line to check who did. I am glad Jordan won.
Ann R.

Related to Recap and Poll: American Idol Top Contenders and Fan Favorites

1. Who got voted off on tonight's episode of American Idol?

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide an answer to this question as it would depend on which episode you are referring to. However, you can easily find this information by searching online or checking the American Idol website.

2. Who is your favorite to win American Idol?

As a Pampered Chef representative, I do not have a personal favorite to win American Idol. However, I am always excited to see talented individuals succeed on the show and wish all contestants the best of luck.

3. Can you recap the top contenders on American Idol?

There are many talented individuals competing on this season of American Idol. Some fan favorites and top contenders include Alejandro Aranda, Laine Hardy, Madison VanDenburg, and Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon. However, each week brings new surprises and any contestant has the potential to become a top contender.

4. Are there any fan favorites on American Idol this season?

Yes, there are definitely some fan favorites on this season of American Idol. Some of the most popular contestants among fans include Alejandro Aranda, Laine Hardy, and Madison VanDenburg.

5. How can I stay updated on American Idol news and results?

The best way to stay updated on American Idol news and results is by following the show's official social media accounts and checking their website. You can also set reminders to tune in to new episodes or catch up on past episodes through the American Idol app or streaming services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • jenniferlynne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
spoiledchef
Replies
Views
DanielleQ