• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

American Idol: Thoughts on the Girls and Boys - Predictions and Favorites

Meh. None of them were fantastic, but I did like Chris Sligh (who just wants to make David Hasselhoff cry) and Phil Stacey (the bald one).
supergirljennie
You know you guys are out there...

What did everyone think of American Idol, the girls and the boys? Any predictions on who is going home, and who is your favorite?

LOVE AI. The girls are SO much better than the guys. Makes me feel bad for the girls because of the rule that the same number of guys have to be cut as girls. They will end up cutting a few girls that are better than the guys! Not fair!

Can't remember the names but I really liked the girl with red streaks in her hair (did you notice her husband had the same red streaks!) and the last girl with a 4 yr old.

I haven't watched the "actual" show's yet... they are on DVR:)

I think Antonella is going home for sure. I think all the African American gals did great they blew everyone out of the water. Much more entertaining than any of the other girls.

I do agree with Randy. I think they should take 8-9 girls and only 3-4 boys. The girls are so much better than the boys

I don't know anyone's names....but I agree the girls were better. The only guy I liked was that blond guy...he sat on a chair while he sang....don't know his name....

GeorgiaPeach said:
Can't remember the names but I really liked the girl with red streaks in her hair (did you notice her husband had the same red streaks!) and the last girl with a 4 yr old.

Her name is Gina, and yes she was good. So was Lakita?? (the last gal). Me and my husband call her Mandesa Jr. because she reminds us so much of her from last season.

We DVRed it. We have to catch up. We watched the auditions live though.

I think the last gal that performed (LaKeisha) is going to be very hard to beat! And how cool would it be that a single mom would win.

cookinmama said:
Her name is Gina, and yes she was good. So was Lakita?? (the last gal). Me and my husband call her Mandesa Jr. because she reminds us so much of her from last season.

Ha! She reminds me of Mandesa too :) I just did the AOL poll to pick my favorites. My top 6 were the same as the other pollsters but I had a really hard time picking 6 guys that I liked! :(

Okay....this is a completely ignorant question but since we are all family here :D I don't think you'll mind! You guys are saying you DVR'd it. Can you buy a machine that records shows on a DVD without having to get Tivo? I am wanting to go to bed earlier and all my favorite shows are on at 10 pm. I'd love to record them without having to buy a VCR.

I'm with you mandydollie, LaKeisha rocked, she is my favorite. She is so shy but when she performs, she's puts away all that and goes for it. I think she has the most passion and the biggest desire! I love her! She gets my vote, I tried to vote last night, but I couldn't get through!:(

Lakisha was awesome last night - she blew everyone else away!! Although I do agree that the girls were way better than the guys - some of the guy's song choices were just lame -(come on The Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin"! - no current teenager (most of those voting) is gonna know this music. I hope the guys are better next week although I think Lakisha is the one to beat.

I have been watching the first hour, the switching over to Deal or No Deal! I might get back into it when there aren't so many names to remember, LOL!

Gina M said:
Lakisha was awesome last night - she blew everyone else away!! Although I do agree that the girls were way better than the guys - some of the guy's song choices were just lame -(come on The Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin"! - no current teenager (most of those voting) is gonna know this music. I hope the guys are better next week although I think Lakisha is the one to beat.

I was telling a friend that the boys song choices were SO old....I knew all the words to most of them!!!

I liked Stephanie, Sabrina, Melinda (who just has the most humble personality), Jordin and Lakisha.

The guys... Meh. None of them were fantastic, but I did like Chris Sligh (who just wants to make David Hasselhoff cry) and Phil Stacey (the bald one).

I hope that Antonella and Amy Krebs and go home tonight. As for the guys, all are fair game....

Lakeisha is going to take it all! IMHO She was the best out of all that showed up. They might as well sign her now and forget about the rest of the show lol :}

I don't know... there are a lot of jr high girls that are going to vote for the boys.......

One thing I have noticed over the years is that in these first elimination rounds, the girls tend to do way better than the guys. I think it has to do wilth being comfortable in their own skin and recogizing their own talent. After the guys get more comfortable, the talent that got them to this point will shine through (at least I hope).

I loved the last girl (Lakisha) and the 3rd to the last girl (I think Melinda...the former background singer). Pink Hair was great too.

Personality and talent wise, I love Sundance, the goofy one with all the hair, the beat box guy (who sang sitting down), and Baldy. That's just based on this week...hopefully next week they'll rock the place!

Fantasia is the guest singer tonight for the elimination...at least I think that's what Ryan said. Looking forward to THAT performance, definitely!

1. What are your thoughts on the girls' performances on American Idol?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, I am not able to give personal opinions on the contestants. However, I can say that all of the girls have shown incredible talent and potential in their performances.

2. Who do you think will make it to the next round among the boys on American Idol?

Again, as a representative of Pampered Chef, I cannot make predictions or favorites. However, I believe that all of the boys have unique strengths and it will ultimately come down to America's votes.

3. Do you have a favorite contestant on American Idol this season?

As a company, we do not have a specific favorite contestant. We believe that all of the contestants are incredibly talented and deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication to their craft.

4. What do you think about the judges' critiques on American Idol?

Pampered Chef is not involved in the judging process on American Idol, so I cannot comment on their critiques. However, constructive criticism is important for growth and improvement, and the judges play a vital role in helping the contestants reach their full potential.

5. How do you think this season of American Idol compares to previous seasons?

This season of American Idol has been unique due to the current circumstances, but the level of talent is always top-notch. It's always exciting to see new contestants bring their own style and interpretation to the competition, and this season is no different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies