• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Read W/ Care... Report of Body in Canal in Grand Junction

or worse...be taken away from them.That's what I'm doing.oh, I feel sick.........I've been so upset about all of this, and my heart is aching for her family.......I hope they find out soon...whether it is a body and whose body it is!Remember, NOTHING is confirmed. When emotions run high, people tend to think they see things that they don't reall see.This is the only other place I've even been able to find a reference to this, and this post is on it as well ....I read some of the blog entries. Now I know why I stay away from them. These people are beyond cruel and heartless. I am speech
janetupnorth said:
Anyone tell them it's about 2 1/2 weeks too late???? Where were they on day 1 when people needed to know!?!

Excatly what I was thinking!!!!

OK, I'm now curious about something. Perhaps this post should go elsewhere, but since we're on the topic of people being late to disseminate news...This story made national headlines quite a while ago. Last night at my cluster meeting, I mentioned the situation, but it turned out nobody in my cluster knew a thing about Paige. Several of them had just returned from conference (I couldn't make it), and had not known anything about Paige either. I would have thought that the higher-ups at PC would make some sort of announcement at conference (e.g., "let's keep Paige Birgfeld and her family in our thoughts..." or something), but apparently they did not. This is surprising, since it seems PC prides itself on its supposed support of its "family" of employees and consultants. I can't help but wonder if the "bad press" had anything to do with the company's decision not to announce anything. If so, that's pretty, uh, interesting (feel free to substitute your own derogatory terms), to say the least.For those of you who attended conference, was there any mention made of Paige? Has anyone from PC spoken at all to any media outlets?

It's already been pretty thoroughly discussed up here that no, there was no mention at any wave. Remember, everything in those general sessions is scripted and the scripts were probably written months ago. Most of those people on stage can't get off the script or they get lost.HO isn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole. The bad press is overwhelming - look at the johnny-come-latelies that are just NOW putting this story into their papers, and they're using the titilation angle that we put past us two weeks ago.As far as Cheffers go, I agree with George M. Cohan - "I don't care what you say about me, just say something about me and spell my name right."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
As far as Cheffers go, I agree with George M. Cohan - "I don't care what you say about me, just say something about me and spell my name right."

No, I think you want me to avoid using your real name... ;)

No one in my cluster knew a thing about it either.

When I came back from the meet and greet the first night during wave 1 I had to explain the ribbon to my cluster!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
HO isn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole.

I don't suppose I should have expected otherwise of a corporation that bases its entire image on "family values." :rolleyes: How naive of me to think that part of family values included valuing your family.

Ohhhhhhh- mini Grande's!! They are so cute! Would they be pequenos?? LOL!

Here's my bigger ones- I think this site has enough of Baylor, LOL!
100_3168vanilla.jpg

Did I miss the post about what her dad said on Fox today??

ParishKitchen said:
I don't suppose I should have expected otherwise of a corporation that bases its entire image on "family values." :rolleyes: How naive of me to think that part of family values included valuing your family.

That's not it.
We have over 60,000 consultants. Every single day of the year one of our consultants is coping with something...be it a sick child, losing a spouse or parent, suffering a miscarriage, being diagnosed with cancer, a missing relative etc...if HO addressed every single issue for every single consultant publicly, they'd have no room in newsletters to talk about business. You can bet your bippy the Birgfeld family has heard from Doris or Marla...but if they went public at NC asking for prayer or good thoughts for Paige...then the 10 consultants who were diagnosed with cancer this year and the 40 who suffered a death in the family, and the one whose neice was abducted last winter...they'd all be crying foul.

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
Ohhhhhhh- mini Grande's!! They are so cute! Would they be pequenos?? LOL!

Here's my bigger ones- I think this site has enough of Baylor, LOL!
100_3168vanilla.jpg

Did I miss the post about what her dad said on Fox today??

Ah, very cute!

dannyzmom said:
That's not it.
We have over 60,000 consultants. Every single day of the year one of our consultants is coping with something...be it ia sick child, losing a spouse or parent, suffering a miscarriage, being diagnosed with cancer, a missing relative etc...if HO addressed every single issue for every single consultant publicly, they'd have ot room in newsletters to talk abotu business. Yo ucan bet your bippy the Birgfeld family has heard from Doris or Marla...but if they went public at NC asking for prayer or good thoughts for Paige...then the 10 consultants who were diagnosed with cancer this year adn the 40 who suffered a death in the family, and the one whose neice was abducted last winter...they'd all be crying foul.

That is very true!!!

Well said Carolyn!

ParishKitchen said:
OK, I'm now curious about something. Perhaps this post should go elsewhere, but since we're on the topic of people being late to disseminate news...

This story made national headlines quite a while ago. Last night at my cluster meeting, I mentioned the situation, but it turned out nobody in my cluster knew a thing about Paige. Several of them had just returned from conference (I couldn't make it), and had not known anything about Paige either. I would have thought that the higher-ups at PC would make some sort of announcement at conference (e.g., "let's keep Paige Birgfeld and her family in our thoughts..." or something), but apparently they did not. This is surprising, since it seems PC prides itself on its supposed support of its "family" of employees and consultants. I can't help but wonder if the "bad press" had anything to do with the company's decision not to announce anything. If so, that's pretty, uh, interesting (feel free to substitute your own derogatory terms), to say the least.

For those of you who attended conference, was there any mention made of Paige? Has anyone from PC spoken at all to any media outlets?

I as well as everyone else here is praying for Paige and for her to come home but we must realize that there is a lot of things going on in the world and each of our lives........if they mention Paige do they mention every other bad thing going on!! How many consultants do we have who are battling cancer or have a family members who are. Or who knows of another terrible disappearances that have affected our “family“ or families who are suffering because of war etc……Get what I mean?? HO knows of this and is probably praying as we are.

There was speculation that investigators might be at the conference but I just couldn’t see them there, if so media and investigators would be there prying into everyone’s personal going ons . As KG has said HO wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot pole! JMO

I just can't imagine being the person at HO that had to decide what stories are "important" enough to share with the whole company, and what aren't. As much as I want Paige's story to get out and for more prayers I can totally understand why they have a tight-lipped policy on this.

dannyzmom said:
That's not it.
We have over 60,000 consultants. Every single day of the year one of our consultants is coping with something...be it ia sick child, losing a spouse or parent, suffering a miscarriage, being diagnosed with cancer, a missing relative etc...if HO addressed every single issue for every single consultant publicly, they'd have ot room in newsletters to talk abotu business. Yo ucan bet your bippy the Birgfeld family has heard from Doris or Marla...but if they went public at NC asking for prayer or good thoughts for Paige...then the 10 consultants who were diagnosed with cancer this year adn the 40 who suffered a death in the family, and the one whose neice was abducted last winter...they'd all be crying foul.

Yep...I noticed a "tiredness" in my Mom's voice when I called during Wave 2 and figured something was up...I was right. My Dad has a very small spot on his upper lung. The same lung that had cancer in 1985. He had half a lung removed at that time. Luckily, this was not there in the last chest x-ray in September, it is very tiny (the size of a pea) and it is the same lung as was operated on before. We will find out more specifics in the weeks to come. He is 74 and had double knee replacements almost a year ago. He didn't react well to surgery at the time, but he looks and feels pretty good. We will beat this again!

I also think that conference's focus is getting us pumped for the Fall season. My ED did know something about Paige's disappearance but not all of the details. Gotta run and get to my team's meeting and get them pumped up. Putting on my happy nothing is wrong face!!:D Does it look too fake?

baychef said:
Yep...I noticed a "tiredness" in my Mom's voice when I called during Wave 2 and figured something was up...I was right. My Dad has a very small spot on his upper lung. The same lung that had cancer in 1985. He had half a lung removed at that time. Luckily, this was not there in the last chest x-ray in September, it is very tiny (the size of a pea) and it is the same lung as was operated on before. We will find out more specifics in the weeks to come. He is 74 and had double knee replacements almost a year ago. He didn't react well to surgery at the time, but he looks and feels pretty good. We will beat this again!

I also think that conference's focus is getting us pumped for the Fall season. My ED did know something about Paige's disappearance but not all of the details. Gotta run and get to my team's meeting and get them pumped up. Putting on my happy nothing is wrong face!!:D Does it look too fake?

(((((((((((((((((Ann)))))))))))))))))))
Big huge hugs for you, my friend.
Your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ann -

Thinking of you and your family. I lost my Dad in January and it's been amazingly heard. Be strong that God will get him through this and cherish every moment. Every day is a gift.

baychef said:

BIG (((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Ann... I will be keeping your family in my prayers!!

dannyzmom said:
(((((((((((((((((Ann)))))))))))))))))))
Big huge hugs for you, my friend.
Your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Same with me, Ann. I wish your dad all the best. He and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

baychef said:

Oh Ann. My prayers are with you and your family! I know only too well what you are going through. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

I was at conference 2 years ago when my mother died. I had cared for her for almost 2 months before I left her in hospice care at her insistance. She knew I was walking as a new director and didn't want me to miss that. The whole conference experience was a fog and I wanted to be with her but she needed me to leave so my sister would go to stay with her. (fences needed mending)

I had a lot of guilt until I talked about it with my kids and they all assured me that I was where she wanted me to be and that I had given much more by being there for that 2 months.

That was all said to agree with the fact that PC cannot possibly mention all of the things that weigh on us when there are so many of us in the company. They do care and they do pray for us. We know that when we look into Doris' eyes. Read the mission statement.

I pray daily for all the concerns that weigh in the hearts of everyone who touches my life - even the strangers. We never know.

That's tough. You beat it once before so now it'll be a peice of cake right? We'll keep you in our thoughts & prayers as well.

Thank you so much. The doctor is very sure it is completely curable and we are so blessed that there has not been a reoccurance in all of these years. Everyone was pretty positive when I got home...I needed a little time to get to that place, but I went with them to their doctor's appointment and was was with them both when the doctor was discussing what is next. He has great doctors and a daughter that will make sure he (and my Mom) get all the best. My brothers help too but since I am the only girl...I rule, they drool!!! Just kidding...kinda!!!:D :D

I will be signing on late tonight to see if there is anything more on Paige. Fingers and toes are crossed for happy results and that the reported canal sighting was just nothing.

BethCooks4U said:
Oh Ann. My prayers are with you and your family! I know only too well what you are going through. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

I was at conference 2 years ago when my mother died. I had cared for her for almost 2 months before I left her in hospice care at her insistance. She knew I was walking as a new director and didn't want me to miss that. The whole conference experience was a fog and I wanted to be with her but she needed me to leave so my sister would go to stay with her. (fences needed mending)

I had a lot of guilt until I talked about it with my kids and they all assured me that I was where she wanted me to be and that I had given much more by being there for that 2 months.

That was all said to agree with the fact that PC cannot possibly mention all of the things that weigh on us when there are so many of us in the company. They do care and they do pray for us. We know that when we look into Doris' eyes. Read the mission statement.

I pray daily for all the concerns that weigh in the hearts of everyone who touches my life - even the strangers. We never know.

Thank you all..and Beth...hugs right back to you. Another Director on in our cluster that walked across the stage the same year I did has had a terrible year. She married late in life and was only married to her soul mate for 14 years. He died suddenly on Valentine's Day this year. Her mother passed away on Memorial Day and her father just passed within a day of July 4th. She made it to conference, but it was so difficult for her. She has no children. Such crosses we all bear. Just don't want Paige's story to be another one.

Ok...you guys did it...you got me crying!!! They are tears of joy, however. What an awesome bunch you are. REALLY got to go now. Love ya all!!!

dannyzmom said:
That's not it.
We have over 60,000 consultants. Every single day of the year one of our consultants is coping with something...be it a sick child, losing a spouse or parent, suffering a miscarriage, being diagnosed with cancer, a missing relative etc...if HO addressed every single issue for every single consultant publicly, they'd have no room in newsletters to talk about business. You can bet your bippy the Birgfeld family has heard from Doris or Marla...but if they went public at NC asking for prayer or good thoughts for Paige...then the 10 consultants who were diagnosed with cancer this year and the 40 who suffered a death in the family, and the one whose neice was abducted last winter...they'd all be crying foul.

True, true... Just because someone's hardship garners national media attention doesn't make it any less important. Someone in my cluster is currently battling cancer, I myself just had a miscarriage in February (which was itself the most recent in a string of unfortunate events...), and so on, so I do understand that an overwhelming number of people are experiencing trying times and could all use kind thoughts and prayers. That said, I still think there's something just a little disingenuous about HO not even acknowledging Paige's situation, seeing as it is so high-profile.

Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your father's illness, but am hopeful that everything will turn out just fine. You and your family are in my thoughts.

dannyzmom said:
That's not it.

You nailed it on the head... please read my new thread titled "my story" for more of an insight as to where I'm coming from. And your correct, they absolutely have already made contact, just not everything is and needs to be made public knowledge.

Darcy,
What a wonderful story and thank you for sharing. I agree that PC is a very classy organization and we know they care. Your story is a prime example of that. The need to broadcast from HO that they care, when we have been told that Paige's family has been contacted by HO, would make it less genuine. Thanks again for sharing your story. God bless you and your family. -- COLLEEN :)

Anne, I'm dashing out the door for a show, but just wanted to say I'm sorry about and praying for your dad ...

Ann, I understand what it's like to have a father who had major health issues. My thought and prayers are with you and your family! A girl needs her daddy! :)

Ann, you and your family are in my prayers.

Ann, I am so sorry and will be hoping and praying for the best.

thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif

Thank you everyone! I so appreciate all of your warm wishes, thoughts and prayers. So much that I am passing along some kisses!!
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif

baychef said:
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif

Thank you everyone! I so appreciate all of your warm wishes, thoughts and prayers. So much that I am passing along some kisses!!
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif
thKisses_5.gif

Ann - Ditto here! I'd give you a hug, but conference is over and I won't run into you by the busses. ;)

Thanks, Janet! I last saw you on the bus with your fire gear on. Was that part of you Banquet? I have a cousin in Denver that was a firefighter for many years. Bless you all!

baychef said:
Thanks, Janet! I last saw you on the bus with your fire gear on. Was that part of you Banquet? I have a cousin in Denver that was a firefighter for many years. Bless you all!

Yes, it was "dress your dream". I had so many people ask, "So, you dream to be a firefighter?" It surprised them when I said, "No I already am." Actually me dream is to have the time to do more training and volunteering as a firefighter and be able to do other things like that than be stuck to a rigid schedule in a 45-50 hour a week job.

Basically, I was being "fun and different" and trying to lighten people up!

I have not been on here in awhile but with NC winding down thought I would come to check out all of the news.
I can't believe what I am finding out about Paige. I keep reading and crying and coming back hoping that there will be good news and keep doing google searches hoping for an update of hope.
I will keep praying for Paige and her family but I just wanted to say that she is lucky to have all of you in her life. I love this website and will admit that I am an un-intentional "lurker".(I'm not creepy, I just don't have a lot to say) I come on here to find ideas or answers and can usually do a search to find that I'm not the first person to come across whatever it happens to be and I can usually find at least one or two threads where it has been discussed at great length. It was finding this website and this group that convinced me that I could become a PC consultant. I don't have a strong upline, or maybe I do but the several states in between leaves me relying on this site for a great deal of information. With all of the information I rarely find it necessary to ask questions and feel I really don't have the experience to add anything but will click on random links and see all of the personal stories that are shared and laugh or cry and then move on. Anyway, all of this rambling is just to say that along with all of the great information about Pampered Chef I really think that all of you are a great group of people that lend so much emotional support to each other that anybody would be lucky to be a part. Paige was lucky to be able to come here for your support and encouraging words and I'm sure that she is out there somewhere knowing that one thing is certain...she has her cheffer friends that are thinking of her and praying for her safe return. Everybody should be so lucky to have a group like you. Praying for Paige.

Has there been any more news on this unsubstaniated report?

That is what I was about to ask... is their any updates about ... our dear friend Paige???!!

July 18, 2007

<Snipped>

...In other news, authorities haven’t found evidence of body in the Grand Valley Canal, as reported to police by a passer-by on Monday. Deputies have been checking traps at various points two miles downstream from the possible sighting in the canal between Seventh and 12th streets. Gierhart said deputies will continue to visually check the canal for about a week.

Gierhart said authorities haven’t resorted to dredging the waterway.

“Bodies can get caught under-water and pop up later,” she said.

Authorities have not confirmed there is a body in the canal. Birgfeld is the county’s only reported missing persons case.

<Snipped>

Source: http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2007/07/18/7_18_6a_Birgfeld_sidebar.html

Just think, Brigitte, you are a part of the CS family too! Where nice people hang out!

Can we just let this thread die?Please?

Here, I'll post.....
That usually does the trick!!!!!!

Here is a letter to the Editor of the Daily Sentinel of which I wrote in to, I will also post a link. The search is still in the whitewater area. I search along the county line road as well as Dominquez canyon. We will continue in the area until they send us else where. WE WILL NOT QUIT! My days have been blending. I work a full time job from 5:30 am to 3:30 pm mon - friday and go go out to search for Paige every night till dark. Weekends are a blessing because I get full days for searching. Anyway here is my letter that was posted in the Daily Sentinel. Maybe this will get some people out to help.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/opin/content/news/opinion/stories/2007/07/18/7_18_07_letters.html

More people should have helped search for Birgfeld

Editor:

It’s really too bad that with a population of 130,000-plus in Mesa County, we had fewer than 100 people on July 14 and fewer than 50 on July 15 looking for Paige Birgfeld.

If your loved one was missing wouldn’t you be beside yourself and wish more people would turn out to help. Rest assured I will be there.

SHAWN SCHUMAN

Fruita

mrbogie68 said:
Here is a letter to the Editor of the Daily Sentinel of which I wrote in to, I will also post a link. The search is still in the whitewater area. I search along the county line road as well as Dominquez canyon. We will continue in the area until they send us else where. WE WILL NOT QUIT! My days have been blending. I work a full time job from 5:30 am to 3:30 pm mon - friday and go go out to search for Paige every night till dark. Weekends are a blessing because I get full days for searching. Anyway here is my letter that was posted in the Daily Sentinel. Maybe this will get some people out to help.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/opin/content/news/opinion/stories/2007/07/18/7_18_07_letters.html

More people should have helped search for Birgfeld

Editor:

It’s really too bad that with a population of 130,000-plus in Mesa County, we had fewer than 100 people on July 14 and fewer than 50 on July 15 looking for Paige Birgfeld.

If your loved one was missing wouldn’t you be beside yourself and wish more people would turn out to help. Rest assured I will be there.

SHAWN SCHUMAN

Fruita

Shawn, I'm going to quote this post over in the update thread and on the main thread.

This entire thread is based on an unsubstantiated report and it gets bumped every time we post in it and it just stirs up more emotion.

Please, everyone, stop posting in this thread and let is slide off the page.

<h2>1. What is the report about?</h2><p>The report is about an unidentified body found in a canal in Grand Junction, Mesa County.</p><h2>2. Where was the body reported?</h2><p>The body was reported at 26 ½ Road and Patterson, also known as F Road.</p><h2>3. What actions have been taken by authorities?</h2><p>Traps have been placed in the canal and officers are dragging the canal to try and locate the body.</p><h2>4. Is there any information on the identity of the body?</h2><p>No, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.</p><h2>5. Where can I find updates on this story?</h2><p>9NEWS and 9NEWS.com will provide updates on this story as more information becomes available.</p>

1. What is the report about?

The report is about an unidentified body found in a canal in Grand Junction, Mesa County.

2. Where was the body reported?

The body was reported at 26 ½ Road and Patterson, also known as F Road.

3. What actions have been taken by authorities?

Traps have been placed in the canal and officers are dragging the canal to try and locate the body.

4. Is there any information on the identity of the body?

No, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

5. Where can I find updates on this story?

9NEWS and 9NEWS.com will provide updates on this story as more information becomes available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy