• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Read W/ Care... Report of Body in Canal in Grand Junction

or worse...be taken away from them.That's what I'm doing.oh, I feel sick.........I've been so upset about all of this, and my heart is aching for her family.......I hope they find out soon...whether it is a body and whose body it is!Remember, NOTHING is confirmed. When emotions run high, people tend to think they see things that they don't reall see.This is the only other place I've even been able to find a reference to this, and this post is on it as well ....I read some of the blog entries. Now I know why I stay away from them. These people are beyond cruel and heartless. I am speech
Grande said:
OH MY, how cute! Absolutely precious!

I'll tell my husband that you think that of him... ;)

ROFLOL! :p

I hope you really meant the kids! :eek:

MomToEli said:
I was just looking at that photo again, I don't notice any PC products in the background .... oh, Bill .... (waving my catalog) ... every woman LOVES PC products .... I'll cut you a deal ....

:D

LOL! I am an entrepreneur however in this case I'm thinking I would have to decline. No worries, I promise I will keep in touch with you all! Perhaps we can start a thread dedicated to missing persons in honor of Paige...

janetupnorth said:
I'll tell my husband that you think that of him... ;)

ROFLOL! :p

I hope you really meant the kids! :eek:

You have a beautiful family, husband included.

My goodness Grande - you have a beautiful family!

So nothing new on Fox? :( I've been gone all morning....

MomToEli said:
Janet, your's are adorable, too!

Here's are my guys ... this one is a few years ago. Eli looks the same - just bigger! He is now about 4'10" (at 8 years old! :eek: ) Dad is 6'8, so it's no surprise...

WHOA... 6 friggin' 8, are you serious woman??? LOL. Wow very, very cute, thanks for sharing!

depends on what you have seen already...........I have not seen ANY news coverage so it brought a deepened sadness to my heart. I am working on getting it loaded up for you guys but it is taking longer than expected. It is a rather large file that you will be able to just view from my mediamax account

Grande said:

...just what he needs - an ego boost!

Seriously, he doesn't...he is one of the few people I met that truly could care less what people think about him. He lives a very free and comfortable life in that sense. But he can be a ham! ...and I wonder where my kids get it...

Dad is a ham...mom will do crazy things like go to Executive Banquet at NC in turnout gear... Our kids will either turn out to be fun or insane! ;)

Grande said:

BTW, guess I should say thanks. :D

pardon my stupidity but.........."what is turnout gear"?

Grande said:
LOL! I am an entrepreneur however in this case I'm thinking I would have to decline. No worries, I promise I will keep in touch with you all! Perhaps we can start a thread dedicated to missing persons in honor of Paige...

Not to recruit you, silly ... to have you (and your wife, for sure) as a client ... as in a Pampered Chef client (thought I'd better clarify :eek: )

Although I suspect you'd look cute in an apron ....

Grande said:
WHOA... 6 friggin' 8, are you serious woman??? LOL. Wow very, very cute, thanks for sharing!

While we are temporarily off-topic a little...

Wave 2 people. Does anyone know that lady that walked on the last day????

How tall is she anyway??? She had to be over 6'!!!!!

Your welcome Janet and thank you everyone for the pleasant comments. I generally don't post personal information, but just could not resist the urge. All the lovin' going on in here this morning must have struck a nerve.

Grande said:

And a half. I can't forget that 1/2 inch ... more than a foot taller than I am. I kid him that I'm going to have his face put on a t-shirt so I can kiss him without killing my neck ...

40 inch inseams. :D His legs were what caught my attention in the first place ...

I know ... TMI!!!

prnces515 said:
pardon my stupidity but.........."what is turnout gear"?

No problem - I usually say "fire gear" so people know...

It is the gear we wear as firefighters for structure fires...

Here is my jacket...
http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=FE362

Pants are close to this:
http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=FE365&cat=2670

Grande said:
Your welcome Janet and thank you everyone for the pleasant comments. I generally don't post personal information, but just could not resist the urge. All the lovin' going on in here this morning must have struck a nerve.

I think someone shared their caffeine...

Actually, you should know not to hang with a group of consultants after National Conference...it is a high so to speak...just wait 'till tomorrow and Thursday!!!!

WoW! I have such respect for you..........that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond my strength and ability!!

Grande said:

Well, we are just a lovable bunch. :D And, you fit right in. Everyone needs to bond with a group somewhere. I'm sure you never imagined it would be with Pampered Chef consultants, but hey ... why not?

MomToEli said:
40 inch inseams. :D His legs were what caught my attention in the first place ...

I know ... TMI!!!
That reminds me of a story....

I was at a banquet in High School, either the annual athletic or academic banquet. Anyway, it was served family-style and, of course, included roast chicken. When the waitress was clearing our table after dinner, she looked at the chicken left on the platter and commented, "No leg men at this table, huh? You're all breast men?" Obviously a) forgetting that there were probably more females at the table than males; and b) forgetting that this was a High School - a CATHOLIC high school - banquet!

MomToEli said:
Not to recruit you, silly ... to have you (and your wife, for sure) as a client ... as in a Pampered Chef client (thought I'd better clarify :eek: )

Although I suspect you'd look cute in an apron ....

LMAO!

Hypothetically speaking, if one were in the market for PC products, where would one go to place said order?

...LOL, all!

ROFLOL..........ROFLMAO!~ NOW THAT IS FUNNY......I say that you should go to Paige's site when she returns safely!!!! She might just give you a discount for all of the wonderful work you have done here!!!

(this was meant to be VERY hopeful, not sarcastic in anyway!)

prnces515 said:
WoW! I have such respect for you..........that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond my strength and ability!!

Thanks - it isn't my FT job, just volunteer. It actually isn't as hard as you think. It is work when I want to stay at the top of my game, but work is the best fun you know!

I go in streaks strength-wise - better in the summer when I'm swimming and playing softball and a little less in the winter. When I got my state certification, I was so strong from training I could pick up my 230 lb. husband and carry him across the house (don't worry it's a very small house). I am only about 5'4" and 115 lbs.

Grande said:
...LOL, all!

Aren't we the craziest bunch?!?!?!

Ok, my lunch is SO over...back to work...

janetupnorth said:
Aren't we the craziest bunch?!?!?!

Ok, my lunch is SO over...back to work...

Here, here. I need to get a few things done as well.

Grande switching back to lurk mode.

*Grande* :D

ROFLMAO, Ann! And nuns in the crowd, to boot!

janetupnorth said:
Thanks - it isn't my FT job, just volunteer. It actually isn't as hard as you think. It is work when I want to stay at the top of my game, but work is the best fun you know!

I go in streaks strength-wise - better in the summer when I'm swimming and playing softball and a little less in the winter. When I got my state certification, I was so strong from training I could pick up my 230 lb. husband and carry him across the house (don't worry it's a very small house). I am only about 5'4" and 115 lbs.

Wow, Janet. I'm impressed! So you can bench press at least twice your weight, eh? :D

Grande said:

Well no one can tell from the photo that is on my profile but my husband is 6'7 and I am 5'3..... People look at us like we are from a differnt planet!!!! :D

Sheesh - nuthin' like sleep to get behind in this thread.Look, the reason I kept saying this is an unconfirmed report is not to take anything away from any family or prayer chain or anything - but this is not really news. Someone says maybe they thought they saw a body.Emotions are running high and people tend to think they see things they didn't really see. I just want everyone to keep that in mind. There may not be a body of any kind in that canal.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sheesh - nuthin' like sleep to get behind in this thread.

Look, the reason I kept saying this is an unconfirmed report is not to take anything away from any family or prayer chain or anything - but this is not really news. Someone says maybe they thought they saw a body.

Emotions are running high and people tend to think they see things they didn't really see. I just want everyone to keep that in mind. There may not be a body of any kind in that canal.

Very well said KG!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sheesh - nuthin' like sleep to get behind in this thread.

Look, the reason I kept saying this is an unconfirmed report is not to take anything away from any family or prayer chain or anything - but this is not really news. Someone says maybe they thought they saw a body.

Emotions are running high and people tend to think they see things they didn't really see. I just want everyone to keep that in mind. There may not be a body of any kind in that canal.

Good morning - er I mean afternoon KG! I took your note at what it was - great enthusiasm that it wasn't the case. Many people "see things" on searches like this.

We still have hope until it is over of good news.

"Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory." -- Norman Vincent Peale

For you KG:

"We judge of man's wisdom by his hope." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are moments when I feel like we are all playing a really long game of Milton Bradleys CLUE And then reality sets in that this is real.......I can understand where KG is coming from..............
I want a happy happy happy joyful outcome. For both her and her family, but any result would *almost* be better than no result. I think that is why we allow our minds to jump to the canal conclusion so quickly.....Does that make sense to ANYONE but me (newbie here, i know you all ignore most of what i say anyway) roflol

prnces515 said:
There are moments when I feel like we are all playing a really long game of Milton Bradleys CLUE

And then reality sets in that this is real.......I can understand where KG is coming from..............
I want a happy happy happy joyful outcome. For both her and her family, but any result would *almost* be better than no result. I think that is why we allow our minds to jump to the canal conclusion so quickly.....Does that make sense to ANYONE but me (newbie here, i know you all ignore most of what i say anyway) roflol

Hey, I'm fairly new here too...(but harder to ignore??? :rolleyes: )

prnces515 said:
There are moments when I feel like we are all playing a really long game of Milton Bradleys CLUE

And then reality sets in that this is real.......I can understand where KG is coming from..............
That makes total sense to me. At some point, we just start to crave closure of any kind.

BTW, I've personally been there on the bad result...any news did feel better than no news, but nothing had prepared us for the worst although we could see it coming sometime, someday soon.

You have to have hope especially for those who can get very depressed by these situations.

janetupnorth said:
BTW, I've personally been there on the bad result...any news did feel better than no news, but nothing had prepared us for the worst although we could see it coming sometime, someday soon.

You have to have hope especially for those who can get very depressed by these situations.

I have lots of hope and faith. I am sorry that you have personally been in a situation like this..I can only imagine what you must be thinking through all of this.

prnces515 said:
I have lots of hope and faith. I am sorry that you have personally been in a situation like this..I can only imagine what you must be thinking through all of this.

It has been 17 years for me, but it was a friend. This situation is almost surreal some days for me personally. Probably because I know only the "online" Paige.

I ache for her family and children but not as deeply as with Beri or if it was my family. Not that I care any less, just I think that keeps me "protected" from my emotions.

janetupnorth said:
It has been 17 years for me, but it was a friend. This situation is almost surreal some days for me personally. Probably because I know only the "online" Paige.

I ache for her family and children but not as deeply as with Beri or if it was my family. Not that I care any less, just I think that keeps me "protected" from my emotions.

Whether we knew Piage personally or online.. I do not think that it matters at this point in time. What does matter is that we all care about her and are concered for her safety and for her to come home!!

I did not know Paige at ALL until i signed on here a little over a week ago. My heart just goes out to her family. My parents lived in Ouray for over 10 years and i say it posted in one of her posts. We visited Grand Junction many many times so feel this strange (ok really strange) connection in some way, besides just the love of PC...I am glad you are able to emotionally not allow this to overcome you. I think that takes real strength, and we have already heard what you can bench press, so i am not surprised at all...:)

I just had a thought that I am sure each and everyone of you have had at one time or another.......Random thought (caution)How wonderful is it going to be When Paige returns, she is going to have a lot to deal with, Won't it be nice when she can sign on here and read ALL ABOUT how much she is cared for loved and missed, no matter WHAT she did or did not do! Sorry, i told you it was Random...

prnces515 said:
I just had a thought that I am sure each and everyone of you have had at one time or another.......Random thought (caution)

How wonderful is it going to be When Paige returns, she is going to have a lot to deal with, Won't it be nice when she can sign on here and read ALL ABOUT how much she is cared for loved and missed, no matter WHAT she did or did not do!

Sorry, i told you it was Random...

Random or not your right on the money with that one!!!

That is a great random thought!

So, then who is starting a "we love you paige thread" where we can list all the GOOD things we know about her!

BTW, I feel like it is the 70's around here today...peace man...

janetupnorth said:
So, then who is starting a "we love you paige thread" where we can list all the GOOD things we know about her!

I nominate YOU! Grrrroooooooooooovey! Baby

Started...hope it is o.k. - just a quick typing...didn't put much thought into it...

All of the media outlets are jumping on board hoping for a share of the market, how generous of them;

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21292624.shtml

Anyone tell them it's about 2 1/2 weeks too late???? Where were they on day 1 when people needed to know!?!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy