• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Late 7/17 Update~Report of Body in Canal in Grand Junction

Authorities searched the Grand Valley Canal around 26 and F 1/2 roads Monday afternoon after a woman reported seeing a part of a body in the water. Law enforcement personnel did not immediately find any visual evidence of a body, but raced to the scene quickly as the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department enters the third week of searching for missing Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld. Mesa County Sheriff’s Department deputies placed traps to catch a body within two miles downstream of the sighting, which occurred between Seventh Street and 12th Street on the canal. Birgfeld’s home at 2512 Oleaster Court is about two miles downstream from the sighting.“The reporting person saw something floating,”
pamperedpals
Gold Member
This is what came across on my google alert this evening.

Report of body in canal in Grand Junction
posted by: Dan Boniface , Web Producer

created: 7/16/2007 4:49:34 PM
Last updated: 7/16/2007 4:51:37 PM

MESA COUNTY – 9NEWS' sister station KKCO says there is a report of an unidentified body in a canal.

KKCO says a woman reported seeing what she thought was a body in the canal at 26 ½ Road and Patterson, also known as F Road.

Authorities say traps had been placed in the canal to catch any body that may have been there, and officers say they are dragging the canal.

Police say they plan to make a statement regarding the discovery, however, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

9NEWS and 9NEWS.com will update this story as more information becomes available.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

I'm praying that this isn't Paige.

Wait--this is what we heard yesterday, right?

This was reported tonight that they actually did find a body. They have not confirmed the identity though. I am just sick waiting for the officials to annouce something.

This is the link:

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=73830

pamperedpals said:
This was reported tonight that they actually did find a body. They have not confirmed the identity though. I am just sick waiting for the officials to annouce something.

This is the link:

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=73830
But this is dated yesterday (7/16) and it's the same wording. Do you have another article that actually confirms a body was found??? I'm not seeing anything different than what was reported yesterday.

This is from yesturday, the web page says updated July 16th 4:50pm

My appologies! I read the article five or six times before I decided to post it and saw the

"Police say they plan to make a statement regarding the discovery, however, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks."

and thought it meant that they had found a body. I didn't notice the date at the top.

Again, I am so sorry. :(

Don't be sorry! Everyone is just anxious to know something...anything.

pamperedpals said:
My appologies! I read the article five or six times before I decided to post it and saw the

"Police say they plan to make a statement regarding the discovery, however, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks."

and thought it meant that they had found a body. I didn't notice the date at the top.

Again, I am so sorry. :(
No problem! I was just making sure there wasn't something new!!

Okay, that really scared me. I can't even imagine what her family is going through.

I just found this:

Advertisement

Canal searched for possible body

Click-2-Listen
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Authorities searched the Grand Valley Canal around 26 and F 1/2 roads Monday afternoon after a woman reported seeing a part of a body in the water.

Law enforcement personnel did not immediately find any visual evidence of a body, but raced to the scene quickly as the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department enters the third week of searching for missing Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld.

Mesa County Sheriff’s Department deputies placed traps to catch a body within two miles downstream of the sighting, which occurred between Seventh Street and 12th Street on the canal. Birgfeld’s home at 2512 Oleaster Court is about two miles downstream from the sighting.

“The reporting person saw something floating,” Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Heather Gierhart said. “Of course, you never know what you could be seeing.”

No evidence was found Monday confirming there was a body in the canal or that another object had been sighted, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Norma Mestas said.

Meanwhile, about 20 miles southeast on U.S. Highway 50 near Whitewater, up to 40 volunteers searched and found “numerous” items belonging to Birgfeld on an 11-mile stretch of the highway, said director Connie Flukey of the Abby and Jennifer Recovery Foundation.

Searchers with the group based operations Monday out of the Lands End Fire Protection District station, abandoning areas searched over the weekend in a two-mile radius of where Birgfeld’s burned-out car was found in the 700 block of 23 Road.

Flukey, who heads the organization that searches for missing people, said searchers scanned about 20 miles Monday, but more help is needed. She said searchers will probably fan out today on the area’s arterial roads.

“Everything we’ve found is directly about her,” Flukey said. “On most searches we never find anything. This is amazing to be able to help find this stuff.”

Searchers in the mostly flat sagebrush areas flagged possible items of interest for authorities to investigate. Members were tight-lipped about specific items located during the searches.

Gierhart said searchers with the recovery foundation have helped locate evidence more quickly than what the Sheriff’s Department personnel could have done by themselves.

“I think eventually ... we would have made resources available, but it would have taken longer,” she said.

Searchers, some of whom were finishing their third day of searching in blistering heat, were both exhausted and relieved to be finding some of Birgfeld’s belongings along the roadway.

“I think a lot of people think someone else is taking care of everything,” said searcher Andrea Land, a friend of Birgfeld. “We really need more people, retired folks, students, people who work night shifts ...” she said.

“People can just come out and work one shift for one to two hours,” she added.

Searchers can meet at any time between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. at Lands End Fire Protection District at mile marker 45 on U.S. Highway 50. For information, call Connie Flukey at 260-1821.

I hate to say this, but everything here is just a rehash of everything that is already known.

1. What is the latest update on the report of a body in the canal in Grand Junction?

The latest update on the report of a body in the canal in Grand Junction is that authorities have recovered a body from the canal and are working to identify the individual and determine the cause of death.

2. When was the body discovered in the canal?

The body was discovered in the canal on the evening of July 17th, 2021.

3. Is there any information on the identity of the individual found in the canal?

At this time, authorities have not released any information on the identity of the individual found in the canal. They are still working to positively identify the person.

4. What should residents in the area do if they have any information about the incident?

If you have any information about the incident, please contact the Grand Junction Police Department at (970) 242-6707. You can also submit a tip anonymously through Crime Stoppers at (970) 241-7867.

5. Has there been any update on the investigation into the incident?

The investigation into the incident is ongoing. Authorities are still gathering evidence and information to determine the circumstances surrounding the individual's death. Updates will be provided as they become available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies