• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Read W/ Care... Report of Body in Canal in Grand Junction

or worse...be taken away from them.That's what I'm doing.oh, I feel sick.........I've been so upset about all of this, and my heart is aching for her family.......I hope they find out soon...whether it is a body and whose body it is!Remember, NOTHING is confirmed. When emotions run high, people tend to think they see things that they don't reall see.This is the only other place I've even been able to find a reference to this, and this post is on it as well ....I read some of the blog entries. Now I know why I stay away from them. These people are beyond cruel and heartless. I am speech
Grande
MESA COUNTY – 9NEWS' sister station KKCO says there is a report of an unidentified body in a canal.

KKCO says a woman reported seeing what she thought was a body in the canal at 26 ½ Road and Patterson, also known as F Road.

Authorities say traps had been placed in the canal to catch any body that may have been there, and officers say they are dragging the canal.

Police say they plan to make a statement regarding the discovery, however, there has been no determination whether the body is that of Paige Birgfeld, a woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

9NEWS and 9NEWS.com will update this story as more information becomes available.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=73830

My heart just dropped into my stomach. Please don't let it be her. Please let her be somewhere else, alive...

Oh dear God....

Let's all say some extra special prayers tonight not only for Paige, but for her entire family as well...

Special prayers on the way. I just got goosebumps!!

Still praying for a miracle!

I will join you all in a prayer...

Oh, dear God, I am praying that what they saw was NOT a body. I don't want it to be Paige, and I don't want it to be anyone else, either.

I'm joining in on the prayers also. God, I hope it's not her. Give us a miracle!

My stomach just sank as well. Please let us know as soon as any other reports come out please.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends and all of us here at CS - this is all just so awful.

No, please God, no, Please! No, please. No, please, no...That's all I can say.

Terry~

I think that is what came out of my mouth exactly! I am so glad that God understands ALL of what I mean- especially when I am so upset that I don't even know what to pray.

dianevill said:
My heart just dropped into my stomach. Please don't let it be her. Please let her be somewhere else, alive...

That someone else unfortunately has a family too, we should pray for everyone :)

Jesus... please don't let it be her. :(

Wasn't trying to minimize ANYONE'S loss...

I understand that...and since
dianevill said:

I met you I know you're not like that, just wanted to pray for everyone while we're at it :)

Liz

I did not know Paige, but I can tell from what I read here and how it makes me feel, no child, no parent, no friend deserves to go through this...much more..no person...Paige...or anyone deserves this kind of anxiety, fear and pain. Human we all are...I have been following all this and I can only say I know God sees all things....little comfort to those waiting, hoping....Please...no...

dianevill said:
We all know that is not what you meant.... It is just sooooo scary to even consider that this may end very sadly if it IS Paige. That's the first thought that popped into EACH of our minds, probably.

I'm praying, too, that it's not a body at all...

Praying that it no one's body!

dianevill said:
I'm praying, too, that it's not a body at all...
That's what I'm doing.

oh, I feel sick.........I've been so upset about all of this, and my heart is aching for her family.......

I hope they find out soon...whether it is a body and whose body it is!

Remember, NOTHING is confirmed. When emotions run high, people tend to think they see things that they don't reall see.

This is the only other place I've even been able to find a reference to this, and this post is on it as well ....

Just to be clear, there has been no body found ... only reported. Authorities responded to a vague report of an object-like torso, but did not find anything. The canal "traps" were set up just in case, but nothing has been discovered.
Stan Hilkey
Mesa County Sheriff

Here is the link:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/grand-junction-co/TOHDLIS1TSBMP8TN4

Oh dear god...this is not what I wanted to read.

MomToEli said:
This is the only other place I've even been able to find a reference to this, and this post is on it as well ....

Just to be clear, there has been no body found ... only reported. Authorities responded to a vague report of an object-like torso, but did not find anything. The canal "traps" were set up just in case, but nothing has been discovered.
Stan Hilkey
Mesa County Sheriff

Here is the link:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/grand-junction-co/TOHDLIS1TSBMP8TN4

I read some of the blog entries. Now I know why I stay away from them. These people are beyond cruel and heartless. I am speechless...and anyone that knows me knows that if I am speechless...you'd better read the thermometer in hell cuz it just froze over. And angry. God forgive these people and may their computers crash.

Only 1 person reported seeing "something that looked like a body" and traps have been set. This was the latest on the 10pm news.The traps are right behind my friend's house. She called me at 4 to tell me about it.It is where they found a 20 year old young man who was missing this last Memorial Day weekend.

Lord Jesus, please don't let it be a body.

Continuing to pray for Paige and her family.

Evelynt said:
Only 1 person reported seeing "something that looked like a body" and traps have been set. This was the latest on the 10pm news.The traps are right behind my friend's house. She called me at 4 to tell me about it.It is where they found a 20 year old young man who was missing this last Memorial Day weekend.

Not that it matters, but I believe that person was later identified as 52 year old Richard Rodriguez. Cause of death was accidental drowning.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember, NOTHING is confirmed. When emotions run high, people tend to think they see things that they don't reall see.

Good point... Agreed.

Grande said:
Not that it matters, but I believe that person was later identified as 52 year old Richard Rodriguez. Cause of death was accidental drowning.

no, it was John Atchley. a young kid that went missing the same weekend as Richard. My dh worked with him.

Cabilina said:
no, it was John Atchley. a young kid that went missing the same weekend as Richard. My dh worked with him.

OH, Im sorry to hear that. I found the obit, no articles apparently.

John was a friend of my daughter's. Nice young man. So sad for his family.
I think the man Grande is referring to is the man they found in the river.

Cabilina said:

I hope your DH is doing well... the same goes for this young boy's family, including his immediate family, his parents, brothers and sister.

Evelynt said:
John was a friend of my daughter's. Nice young man. So sad for his family.
I think the man Grande is referring to is the man they found in the river.

It is very sad, I am sorry to hear that.

That's correct, I misunderstood the original post I was referring to the gentlemen that was found in the canal / river.

In any event my thoughts & prayers are with the entire community right now.

There is an extensive canal system throughout the valley that provides irrigation water from the Colorado and Gunnison Rivers. It is used by residential and farms for irrigation.

I am really hoping that it isn't Paige. :(

This is an UNCONFIRMED report!

baychef said:
I read some of the blog entries. Now I know why I stay away from them. These people are beyond cruel and heartless. I am speechless...and anyone that knows me knows that if I am speechless...you'd better read the thermometer in hell cuz it just froze over. And angry. God forgive these people and may their computers crash.

ditto ditto ditto and ditto....and this includes the reporter who penned that terrible msnbc article yesterday.

Praying extra hard for Paige's family.

How long does it take to comb a river or canal or whatever? When will they find out for sure? :(

This all gives me a sick feeling inside. Her poor family having to hear these things.

My heart just sank ... sending a whole bunch of prayers for Paige.... this just makes me so ANGRY!!!!

We do understand and get that, but we're all just sharing our anxiety. People still have the right to be sad, scared, etc. I continue to pray that it's just maybe a blanket, dead dog (although I don't want there to be a dead "anything", I'll take it over a person!)

Last edited:
dianevill said:
We do understand and get that, but we're all just sharing our anxiety. People still have the right to be sad, scared, etc. I continue to pray that it's just maybe a blanket, dead dog (although I don't want there to be a dead "anything", I'll take it over a person!)

Absolutely agreed. We should all be embracing one another and trying to provide support if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy