• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong

we "give them a DeNozo" ("Gibb's slap" to the back of the head). hahah. And YES...hijacked, and really "salt in the wound!"Ok, tv person here (3 DVRs and 3 TiVos - seriously), but I would never talk about tv with my non-tv friends - let alone someone I did not know! Very weird!
Sheila
Gold Member
Calling a bunch of old leads and just had one ramble about TV. Apparently she LOVES her TV. Like her whole life revolves around her TV. Couldn't get a word in edge wise for the TV talk. I told her 5 times that I don't watch TV. No, never heard of some nanny that goes to cook for people. No, I don't watch TV for the news on 4, 5 or 8 either, I get that online. No, don't watch the Golden Girls reruns on 8403 (or what ever channel she rambled on about). No, don't care that you prefer satellite over cable either. No, don't care that your husband is currently watching Bonanza (didn't even know those were still on reruns). ...

I finally cut her off ... "so you are no longer interested in being a Pampered Chef Consultant?" (she said no) "Okay, that's what I needed to know. Thank you dear" and I hung up!

I have way better things to do that listen to her ramble about her freaking TV shows. IMPORTANT things like posting it here so all of YOU can read about it! :D

I'm surprised she answered the phone cause you know there is LOTS of good TV on 24/7!!!!!

She didn't. I left a message & she called me back. My phone didn't ring for some reason, went straight to voicemail so I had to call her back. My guess is she probably WAS too busy to answer the first time, but now that her hubby's in control of the remote she can chat. Incessantly. About her TV.

I'm using this story as an excuse not to follow up with the big stack of leads that I have sitting here. I will use any and all excuses to procrastinate til those leads are stone cold dead.

BTW I like my TV, esp. the new one in the basement. :love: We'll be getting the multi-room DVR. I don't have a cell phone plan but will spend $$$ on TV.

Maybe she kept trying to answer the TV remote!

Becca, want me to tell you where you can put your TV that's currently in your basement? :p

John, It wouldn't surprise me! LOL

My (almost 3 year old) son just got up from nap ...Me: Hi sweetie! Did you have a good nap?
Him: Yes, I wanna watch TV
Me: Did you have sweet dreams?
Him: Yeah ma'am. I wanna watch TVToday of all days ... he's asking for TV instead of "Toy Story" "Panda Kick (Kung Fu Panda 2)", etc. Usually he's movie specific ... not just the phrase "TV"!

God DOES have a sense of humor. ;)

Apparently.

I would have posted sooner but I was watching Jeopardy.

me too....but can't stay on too long...the Golden Girls will be coming on soon.

on a serious note....she sounds a LOT like my mom....all she wants to talk about are the Kardashians :yuck:

If you think about it, it is really sad. She probably has no life- or no friends or something, so what else does she do?? After awhile, she'd get so into a cycle, that it may be hard to break.On that note, I need to go grab my receipts and tax-docs, then turn on NCIS. I think "Gibbs" is going to take a bullet tonight! I hope they aren't ending that show! ;)

It's a food theme - Gibbs is in a diner! How cool is this?

I LOVE NCIS. They can not kill Gibbs off! :eek:

Another thread successfully
threadjacked.gif

BethCooks4U said:
I LOVE NCIS. They can not kill Gibbs off! :eek:

I know! But we're safe....for now. But it is a good one.

In our family (and my MIL/FIL), whenever someone does something silly, dorky, or just deserves it, we "give them a DeNozo" ("Gibb's slap" to the back of the head). hahah.

And YES...hijacked, and really "salt in the wound!"

OK, tv person here (3 DVRs and 3 TiVos - seriously), but I would never talk about tv with my non-tv friends - let alone someone I did not know! Very weird!

I have a few friends and we watch the same shows and talk about them...but the conversation doesn't usually include anyone else.

I guess this would on par with those hosts who go on and on about their medical issues when you call to host coach or close their show! Gotta love it! :)

Want me to give you this chick's name & number? She's probably only complain if you interjected & didn't give her the chance to talk! LOL

esavvymom said:
I know! But we're safe....for now. But it is a good one.

In our family (and my MIL/FIL), whenever someone does something silly, dorky, or just deserves it, we "give them a DeNozo" ("Gibb's slap" to the back of the head). hahah.

And YES...hijacked, and really "salt in the wound!"

Yeah. I do that slap to my DH. He often deserves it. Never thought to call it that though. Haha

It's actually called a "dope slap" and the Urban Dictionary has redefined it as a "Gibbs." You don't want to know what else is referred to as a Gibbs, either.

I still like "a DeNozo". ;)

esavvymom said:
I still like "a DeNozo". ;)

We call it a dinozzo too.

Hey Sheila look at it this way. With your luck she would have told you she invited a ton of friends. You show up and find no one came but she invited Samantha Stevens, Rose Nylond, Maude Findley, Mike and Carol Brady and their 6 brats and Alice, Fred Sanford and maybe if you were lucky, Paul Lynde! Of course then the phone rings and she answers the remote!

pampered1224 said:
Hey Sheila look at it this way. With your luck she would have told you she invited a ton of friends. You show up and find no one came but she invited Samantha Stevens, Rose Nylond, Maude Findley, Mike and Carol Brady and their 6 brats and Alice, Fred Sanford and maybe if you were lucky, Paul Lynde! Of course then the phone rings and she answers the remote!

LOL...that is funny, and sadly probably true.

kam said:
OK, tv person here (3 DVRs and 3 TiVos - seriously), but I would never talk about tv with my non-tv friends - let alone someone I did not know! Very weird!

I have a few friends and we watch the same shows and talk about them...but the conversation doesn't usually include anyone else.

I guess this would on par with those hosts who go on and on about their medical issues when you call to host coach or close their show! Gotta love it! :)

I had one of those a few years ago. She was a potential host/recruit. I was on the phone for almost 30 minutes :eek: :rolleyes: listening about her medical and family issues!

Hey, medical I can understand more about. I met with a customer today who talked about all the various resale shops that she likes to hit & even looked at photos on her phone of some of her finds & her sister's dog. But at least that's real life. I have no desire to take up my power hour (or day) talking about someone's favorite TV shows. LOLWhen I worked at the Police Department, we had 2 different (elderly) ladies who would call just to chat because each knew someone would be awake at any time of the day or night. They didn't get that sometimes we were busy & didn't have time to just be their entertainment. One day, my co-worker gave #1 the phone number for #2. #2 called back complaining ... not that #1 called her, but that #1 wouldn't shut up long enough for #2 to have a turn. LOL

1. What is "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" about?

"Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" is a humorous story about a sales call gone awry. It follows a sales representative as they try to sell a product to a customer who is more interested in talking about their favorite TV shows.

2. Is this story based on a true experience?

No, "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" is a fictional story. However, it may be relatable to anyone who has been in a sales call or customer service situation that didn't go as planned.

3. Who is the target audience for this story?

The target audience for "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" is anyone who enjoys lighthearted and relatable stories. It may also be particularly entertaining for those who work in sales or customer service.

4. Can this story be used as a training tool for sales representatives?

While "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" is not intended to be a formal training tool, it can serve as a reminder to sales representatives to stay focused and adapt to different situations during a sales call.

5. Is "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" available in any other formats?

Currently, "Ramblin' about TV: A Tale of a Sales Call Gone Wrong" is only available as a written story. However, it may be adapted into a video or other format in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • emiscookin