• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Ok...read on Sorry It's a Bit Long..

In summary, the neighbor's fridge was full of mold and pet hair. The neighbor cleaned the fridge and did dishes for the friend to apologise for the state of the house.
cewcooks
Ok, my friend who lives down the street has been on vacation for about two weeks and will be back this week. She asked my daughter and I to look after her 2 cats and guinea pig. We have to feed them and give them water everyday. The g pig is fine we just sweet around his cage and he squeals when we come in etc, we never really see the cats cause they scamper when we come in. My daughter has been very responsible about cleaning the cat box leftovers everyday and sweeping up etc. I opened the fridge the second day to get carrots for g pig and it was gross:yuck::yuck:mold and funk and cat hair was all in the crisper and on the shelfs I felt sick:eek:so I closed the door and we brought our own carrots the next two days. So by the fourth day I could not stand knowing that her fridge was like that. It's like the scene from the tv show clean house where the scary music plays when you opened the door:yuck:

So I got gloves and cleaner and hot water and I cleaned the fridge!! My daughter said wow! what do you think she will say when she comes home and sees the floor has been moped, the fridge is cleaned and the stove has been wiped down! I don't feel I'm a clean freak but no one should have to live in that funk! right.

Thanks for reading...

are you good friends with this neighbor? I, myself am a neat/clean freak and would do that if it was someone I knew very well. When I go into people's houses, sometimes I just want to start cleaning, my house isn't spotless 24/7 with 3 kids and 2 dogs, but I clean alot. How do you think she will react?

I agree mine isn't the most cleanest house in town but I have 2 kids and a cat but I do make sure it is cleaned and picked up every day before I go to bed and mop the floors once a week, and scrub the bathroom on the same day and usually have laundry but I am sure my kitchen is the cleanest room in the house since I can't stand if it is dirty at all. Tell her you seen the carrots moldy and that would you do her a favor of taking care of it for her so she wouldn't have to worry about it after she got home cleaning it up right away.

So great job !!!!!

I think it was a very nice gesture of kindness, and I pray she will be appreciative of it, and not be embarrassed or offended...

hmmmm, I'd say ok maybe I could "forgive" you for needing to clean my crisper but I'd think mopping and doing the stove might have been too much.
i AM a clean freak and most of my friends are not and even though my best friend is the worst housekeeper I wouldn't dare clean up for her i think she'd be offended

Gee when I go away would you feed my cat and water my plants.;)

If it was me I think that I would be offended but I am a clean housekeeper. If you know her well I think it should be ok.

If I were her, I'd go away more often, if you'd come and clean my house!!! I agree with the others that I try to leave my kitchen and public rooms as neat as possible, so that if someone did have to come into our home, I would not be embarrased. God forbid if they
ventured into what I think of as our private areas: computer room/office, quilt room or garage. They are on their own and at their own risk then.

I am good friends with this lady and have been for years. I think she might be surprised and hopefully happy. I won't even discuss the bathroom and that I told my daughter to wait till we got home.
Thanks

Well since mold and stuff was growing in her fridge...my DH says it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Sorry- but mold and pet hair- I would have cleaned, too...

I can't believe how some people live I don't understand that. I am not a clean freak but it's always clean enough if people come by. She knew you were coming in her house and would need to go in the fridge to get the carrots and still left it that way. I am sure she will be embarrassed (or should be) but you did the right thing. I would not want to go in there with the house like that let alone your daughter.

In my experience, people who are like that won't even notice that it's been cleaned. They don't notice that it's dirty either.:rolleyes:I have cooked in some pretty nasty kitchens. (not mine - I mean other peoples!)

I agree w/Kitchen Diva.
Kitchen Diva said:
it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
When I use to babysit, if something was really gross I would clean it up and I am definately not a neat freak. I never mentioned when I did it and the people I sat for didn't either. Noone should leave their house like that. :yuck: What if your daughter was doing it as a 'job'? There is no way we'd want our children going into something like that. You said you have been friends w/her for a while; is her home usually like this?

Yes I would not let my daughter go at it alone. I made her stand to clean the cat box and g pig box and wear gloves and wash her hands after and even when we got home!

1. Is this product safe to use?

Yes, all of our products at Pampered Chef are tested and approved for safe use in the kitchen. We prioritize the safety and quality of our products to ensure a positive cooking experience for our customers.

2. Can I use this product in the oven?

Many of our products are oven-safe, but it's important to check the individual product's specifications before using it in the oven. Look for the oven-safe symbol on the packaging or in the product description.

3. Is this product dishwasher safe?

Some of our products are dishwasher safe, but others may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality and longevity. Please refer to the product's instructions or packaging for specific care instructions.

4. Can I use this product on non-stick cookware?

Yes, our products are safe to use on non-stick cookware. However, it's always a good idea to check the product's specifications to ensure it won't scratch or damage your cookware.

5. Is this product covered by a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and many have a limited warranty. If you encounter any issues with your product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
JAE
  • cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen