• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Get 1 More Political Call...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the annoyance and frustration of receiving multiple political candidate calls and ads. The participants discuss the negative effects of campaigning and the involvement of actors in politics. They also touch upon the importance of Jessica's Law in protecting children from predators.
A line at 6:45? That's what I like to hear! There is nothing more depressing than going to the poll at 2:00 in the afternoon and being number 23 - and I've had that happen to me.This is an extremely important election and high turnout is vital!

I voted before I went to work!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A line at 6:45? That's what I like to hear! There is nothing more depressing than going to the poll at 2:00 in the afternoon and being number 23 - and I've had that happen to me.

This is an extremely important election and high turnout is vital!

That's happened to me, too. Usually for a primary or an odd-year general election (no governor, no pres., just judges and the like). Once, I think I went after dinner (about 7:00) and was number 16.

My city is notorious for putting school elections on weird dates, with no publicity and in different polling locations than the general elections. Then, only the school board members and their cronies know to go to pass the additional millage, etc. There was one a couple of years back that a citizens group learned about and publicized - they had record turnout of 25% of registered voters! And the millage didn't pass. So they held another one 3 month later. Handed us a sheet with 2 boxes, "yes" and "no", and a pencil to check the box we wanted. The volunteer was aghast when I took one look at the pencil and pulled a pen out of my purse. Luckily, they can't do that now with the commonized voting days that Michigan has to use now.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelNguyen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies