• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raise Your Hand if You Are Going to Toronto!

or we'd be paying a lot more!Sometimes it just doesn't work out :) I'm glad PC actually offers a cash...or we'd be paying a lot more!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay they have one for Maui so why not one for us! This is my first trip and I'm very excited!!

My first trip too and I'm Toronto bound. :D

I am going as well this is going to be my 2nd trip i was so glad I earned disney last year cause i knew my kids would love it and it was so much to share it with them. My husband and I are super excited about going. Congrats you guys you will be having so much fun pampered chef style.

Congratulations ladies! You've all worked your business this year. A trip well deserved. I can't wait to hear our new destination. I want it to be one I can really work towards.

I'll be there!!! My first trip & hopefully not the last!!! Can't wait to meet you guys :D

I'll be there too! I can't wait!

Cause I'm weird like this - I took my daily calendar on my desk and counted down the days. Unless I missed one or screwed up because Saturday and Sunday are on the same page - we have 113 days until the trip! Cannot wait! We applied for our passports yesterday, don't forget that little detail. If you are driving you can do the passport card which is cheaper.

wadesgirl said:
Cause I'm weird like this - I took my daily calendar on my desk and counted down the days. Unless I missed one or screwed up because Saturday and Sunday are on the same page - we have 113 days until the trip! Cannot wait! We applied for our passports yesterday, don't forget that little detail. If you are driving you can do the passport card which is cheaper.

My DH said why don't we get the cheaper & I said because what if NEXT years trip is in Europe!!! ;):cool:;)
They are cheaper but only good in Canada,Mexico & the Carribbean.....:)

Ginger428 said:
My DH said why don't we get the cheaper & I said because what if NEXT years trip is in Europe!!! ;):cool:;)
They are cheaper but only good in Canada,Mexico & the Carribbean.....:)

Yup that too!

I earned Toronto! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

However....I'm taking the $$ instead.

Ahhh, one of the benefits of living overseas on a military base ... I already have a passport! :D

Of course I have to fly 1/2 way around the world for the trip ... but we are going to do it! :D

I bought my passport years ago when we to mexico in 2007 before they raised the prices I guess and now i hear they are pretty spendy. We are going to leave on April 24th and come back May 2nd are you guys going to stay any extra days?

Is it still good? Check the expiration date! ;)

Yes, hubby wants to spend a week touring the area & visiting friends. If we are going to fly so far, we want to stay more than just 2-3 days! ;)

OT:
Sheila - isn't it like.. 2 a.m. there? LOL I tried the sleeping trick thing last night and I think it worked!?!

My first trip!!!! Yeah, i'll be there

My hand is raised!! 2nd trip for me!

christinaspc said:
I bought my passport years ago when we to mexico in 2007 before they raised the prices I guess and now i hear they are pretty spendy. We are going to leave on April 24th and come back May 2nd are you guys going to stay any extra days?

It was $150 with passport, first time application fee and pictures! That was each of us!

We aren't staying any extra. I asked DH and he doesn't want to. So we are squeezing everything in!

ChefBeckyD said:
I earned Toronto! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

However....I'm taking the $$ instead.

I have NO words, just.......

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ginger428 said:
I have NO words, just.......

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know...after seeing who all is going, it makes me sorta sad...BUT, the trip is happening in the middle of the school year, and we'd have to find someone to stay with the little guy, AND deal with school, and his food allergies, and also take care of Molly....Toronto just isn't appealing or exotic enough for us to go through all of that.

We're using the $$ for a vacation, though!

ChefBeckyD said:
I know...after seeing who all is going, it makes me sorta sad...BUT, the trip is happening in the middle of the school year, and we'd have to find someone to stay with the little guy, AND deal with school, and his food allergies, and also take care of Molly....Toronto just isn't appealing or exotic enough for us to go through all of that.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out :) I'm glad PC actually offers a cash option.

ChefBeckyD said:

Oh...OK! You're off the hook ;)

Shelby, yes. It was late!

Wish mine had been good for 10 years! WOW! I got a regular passport before moving to Japan in '06, then the military had me get a no-fee passport through them too. I just had to renew the no-fee one to move to Tokyo. Daughter was born on Okinawa, and already had both. Son was also born in Okinawa but they had changed the rules & only given the no-fee one at the time he was born. We had to get him a regular one to move to Tokyo. None of it makes sense. Customs said I should only have one & to just pick one & use it! LOL

Oh yes, glad you were able to go to sleep Shelby! :D

What do you think of the Niagara Pkg. offered? Is it the best deal? Seems expensive.

That's what I was thinking.

Very expensive! They have other companies we looked at much cheaper but I think we are taking the train or mega bus out and do our own thing. We don't need all the stops at the wineries and such. We just want to go to the falls.

do you have websites or #'s for the trains or buses?

One of the other Directors said don't try to cross back into the US, she said it's a good 1 hour wait each way. As a group, probably longer. My friend who grew up in Buffalo said that the Canada side of the falls is MUCH prettier than the US side & not to waste my time going to the US side. Soooo ... we are just wanting to do the Canada side. I'll have a 2 year old & 3 year old in tow. I'm not interested in all the extras either. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have time to start researching cheaper tours! ;)

Last edited:
Here's some info from TripAdvisor.com
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-c97995/Toronto:Ontario:Niagara.Falls.A.Side.Trip.From.Toronto.html

I'm going! applied for my passports today

Yup, definitely prettier on the Canadian side. No offense to my American friends :) We've seen them both many, many times since we live about 3 hours away. Just had a hockey tournament there and stayed for the weekend back in November. Have fun ladies!

I'll be there too along with my p chef buddy, Lauri and our DH's. Looking forward to it.

Not going to Toronto, but I wanted to put my 2c in about Niagara! I've only been to the American side, and while it was beautiful, you just don't get the full effect. EVERYONE I talked to in Buffalo said we needed to go to the Canadian side! We didn't have passports so we couldn't, but we plan to go back!

Related to Raise Your Hand if You Are Going to Toronto!

1. What are the must-see attractions in Toronto?

Some popular must-see attractions in Toronto include the CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, St. Lawrence Market, and the Distillery District.

2. How can I get around Toronto?

Toronto has an extensive public transportation system, including buses, subways, and streetcars. There are also taxis and ride-sharing options available. Walking is also a great way to explore the city.

3. What is the best time to visit Toronto?

The best time to visit Toronto is during the summer months (June-August) when the weather is warm and there are many festivals and events happening. However, the city is also beautiful in the fall when the leaves change colors.

4. What are some must-try foods in Toronto?

Poutine, a dish consisting of French fries, cheese curds, and gravy, is a must-try in Toronto. Other popular foods include peameal bacon sandwiches, butter tarts, and Toronto-style pizza.

5. What are some fun activities to do in Toronto?

There are many fun activities to do in Toronto, such as visiting the Toronto Islands, catching a baseball game at Rogers Centre, or taking a stroll through High Park. You can also check out the city's vibrant arts and music scene or go shopping in the trendy neighborhoods of Yorkville and Queen Street West.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies