• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far Do You Go in Helping a Consultant Qualifty?

It really comes down to what you're comfortable with. If you do choose to help them a bit, I would make sure they understand it isn't going to be a recurring thing. Also, I would start out with sharing your goal. Let them know you need two of them to qualify to get to Toronto, and you're willing to help them any way you can. Ask them what they'd like as a carrot.It sounds like you're comfortable with what you did last year. You should share this plan with your consultants and see if anyone is interested in doing something similar. Let them know that you'd be happy to help them turn their show in, but they must be the one to submit it.
chezshelly
Gold Member
I have all the points I need for Toronto, I just need 2 of the 3 new Consultants I signed to qualify by the end of December. I hate to miss a trip if they don't (I have earned one every year in the business), but don't know how far is too far to go to help them (and me) out? Thanks for the insight!

You've been with PC for 6 years and have always earned the trips... I'd be taking advice from you! :)What are you thinking of doing to help those 2 recruits qualify? If they aren't motivated by PC's incentives, then: carrots, carrots, dangle some really nice carrots. :D

Well, I'm not sure. They are both doing shows and wanting to qualify by the end of December. I have never had a hard time getting sales, and have people call me all the time with orders to add to shows. I just try really hard to do things the "right" way, you know ethically speaking and I don't know what would be considered too far. Would it be wrong to give them a catalog show? cooking show? I just don't want to be worrying about this up til the last day of December, I have never cut it this close!~!

I'd say it depends on how close they are, and how hard they're working on it. If you've got a consultant who is $30 away from qualifying on December 30th, then give her an order. I know that's a bit drastic, but I would be OK with something along those lines.It really comes down to what you're comfortable with. If you do choose to help them a bit, I would make sure they understand it isn't going to be a recurring thing. Also, I would start out with sharing your goal. Let them know you need two of them to qualify to get to Toronto, and you're willing to help them any way you can. Ask them what they'd like as a carrot.

This is a different situation - but I've made it my goal for every active member of my team to earn the Dec. Product...

One thing that I suggested for them to do was to ask 2,4,6, or more friends to gather $75 in orders. (very easy to do!)
Let each friend know that if they gather $75 in orders, they will get 15% off their own order, and also be able to choose any one of the new F/W products for 60% off. Combine 2 peoples orders for each show...

If they collect $150 in orders - they get TWO new products for 60% off!

That way - it's a very non-threatening way to turn in some catalog shows!

Oh - and if they get an odd number of people to collect the $75 - I told them to offset that by collecting just $75 in orders themselves!

Sometimes people will feel like they are too busy to do a "show", but they would be willing to pass around a catalog to see if anyone needs anything!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is a different situation - but I've made it my goal for every active member of my team to earn the Dec. Product...

One thing that I suggested for them to do was to ask 2,4,6, or more friends to gather $75 in orders. (very easy to do!)
Let each friend know that if they gather $75 in orders, they will get 15% off their own order, and also be able to choose any one of the new F/W products for 60% off. Combine 2 peoples orders for each show...

If they collect $150 in orders - they get TWO new products for 60% off!

That way - it's a very non-threatening way to turn in some catalog shows!

Oh - and if they get an odd number of people to collect the $75 - I told them to offset that by collecting just $75 in orders themselves!

Sometimes people will feel like they are too busy to do a "show", but they would be willing to pass around a catalog to see if anyone needs anything!

I love this idea!

Shelly,
I was sitting in your shoes last year and I know everyone has different views on this, I do know that according to Judy Joel at the Director fall retreat that the consultant who works the show, must be the one to submit the show. BUT what I did last year was talk to my consultants and the one who was willing to work with me didn't have any shows so she went with me to my cooking show and I turned it into her cooking show and she turned it in and qualified. This way I felt comfortable with being ethical but I also earned my trip!! She was more than happy to come to a show with me get great training, and a pay check. It was kind of a backwards grand opening. In the end it is your call with what you are comfortable with. The other idea, that I know NED have used is to send your friends to their websites. I don't know if you can use this in your situation since they can't have individual orders, but I don't see how it is any different than passing on a catalog show. Especially if you let your friend know that one of your consultants will be processing the show. Good Luck

I have given my downline catalog shows to help them qualify as well.

Thanks for all of your input. I just want to make sure that I can actually look at myself in the mirror and live with the decisions I make. Sometimes it helps to bounce it off of others and hear their thoughts on something. I appreciate being able to do that here. Thanks again!!

I encourage my new consultants to already have their grand opening on the calendar before they sign. I go & take all my tools, but they are the actual consultant at the show. If they are far away and not close enough for me to give my support in person, I offer to build a catalog show on MY web page, so they can send out online invites to their own friends/family just like any of my hosts would, then I print the orders & give them to the consultant (or e-mail them to the consultant). That way, they can still collect orders from people who are not geographically close, and have it count towards what they need to qualify. You still have PLENTY of time to let them do it on their own! They are brand new in the business & I think that they will have a stronger business if you encourage them to step up & find the sales to qualify. Rewards are great! But I'd refrain from investing your time/energy by giving them sales or purchasing something yourself from them to help them qualify. You are setting a precedence that you may not want to continue with future consultants. ;) And you know somehow, a newer consultant would find out what you did for this 1 or 2 consultants and havie their feelings hurt that you didn't jump through hoops to do the same for them. :(

1. How can I help my consultant reach their sales goals?

As a Pampered Chef employee, we have a variety of resources and tools available to help our consultants succeed. Some ways you can assist your consultant in reaching their sales goals include providing them with product knowledge and training, helping them with marketing and social media strategies, and offering support and guidance throughout their journey.

2. What are the requirements for a consultant to qualify for incentives or promotions?

The qualifications for incentives and promotions vary depending on the program, but typically consultants must meet certain sales or recruiting goals within a specific time frame. It's important to communicate these requirements clearly and consistently to your consultants, and to offer guidance and support to help them achieve their goals.

3. How do I encourage my consultant to build a strong customer base?

Building a strong customer base is essential for long-term success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You can help your consultant by providing them with tips on how to network and reach out to potential customers, offering product demonstrations and parties, and promoting special offers and discounts to their customers.

4. What should I do if my consultant is struggling to meet their goals?

If your consultant is struggling to meet their goals, it's important to offer support and guidance. This could include helping them identify areas for improvement, setting smaller, achievable goals, and providing extra training or resources. It's also important to listen to their concerns and provide encouragement and motivation.

5. How can I help my consultant be successful in recruiting new team members?

Recruiting new team members is an important aspect of being a successful Pampered Chef consultant. As an employee, you can support your consultant by providing them with information and resources about our business opportunity, offering training on how to effectively recruit, and helping them create a strong team culture that will attract potential recruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Sarah Mitson
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies