• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raaaarrr!!! Another Booth Cancellation!

hand them out... and ask for business cards. I always keep a few in my wallet and on my desk. If someone is interested in what I do, they can either grab a card or ask me about what I do.
Yakmama
A couple of weeks ago I had a BRU booth cancel on me the day before the event. Well today I was supposed to have a booth at a school Fall Fest. I stayed up almost all night getting the materials ready and used a ton of my own ink on my printer to print up flyers and info papers. Well guess what- they called me this morning and told me that I wouldn't be able to do my booth because they forgot to get a background check on me.

RAAAAAAARRRR! I'm so frustrated! That was my last booth opportunity for the rest of the year. I worked my butt off to find it by calling every elementary school within 40 miles!! I've called every orchard, pumpkin patch, expo center, civic club, school, and flea market in the whole county- No more booths this year.

I could just cry. I only have a show this Friday and one on Nov. 8 and then I'm completely out. Urgh... I've tried sooooooo hard to get this business going but I haven't had any luck.

I've tried Pamper Your Business with several businesses- and was shot down each time. I try to book shows from other shows I've had and I have only had two shows succeed this way. I'm running out of options! Help!

Why not ask the school if they will have a show with the teachers? Maybe you can come in after school and have a short presentation in the teachers work-room or maybe they will have a catalog show for you - offer it as mystery host.

THEY forgot to do the background check, so you're being penalized? I'd ask them to reimburse you for your materials/copies that you got for that event, along with any fee that you paid for the event.

I would also ask for a reimbursement. It was their fault!

Maybe they will still put out the flyers?

I find new craft fairs by talking with seasoned vendors that travel around from fair to fair.

All I can say is what a nerve that have to call you the morning of the fair and do this to you. I hope they reimburse you for all your preparations and let you put out flyers in the school or do a show for you.

Here's an idea... how about going to the event and asking the particpants if they have any info about any other events going on in the area?? I get alot of my contact info from other vendors and they might know of some that you could get into. This is certainly the time of year for these sort of things.

Another idea.. when I make flyers, etc, I try to keep them as generic as possible. Maybe just a recipe, etc and plan on passing those out. I make a bunch and they last me all summer, etc. I don't spend alot of bunches of flyers that will be outdated in a month. I can always get info to people who are interested, I am there just to make contacts. I do have some flyer things posted, but generally I am not handing that sort of thing out.

Really! What did they have to say about all the time/money you just wasted getting ready for this thing? They owe you BIG TIME..

chefsteph07 said:
Really! What did they have to say about all the time/money you just wasted getting ready for this thing? They owe you BIG TIME..

Sad to say, they aren't going to compensate you for that. Rather than dwelling on that, move forward. I really would suggest again going to the event, making some contacts with the vendors and asking for referrals for other events.

Carol my vendor buddy - I couldn't agree more.

Don't spend time and money making specific flyers for an event. Keep it GENERAL that you can use time and time again - especially when you don't hand everyting out.

Carol and I only hand out a 1/3 piece of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. One side has a recipe and some items on recuriting. The other side says book a show or join my team and get $10 in free product. If we don't hand this out -what we are handing out is the recipe cards that you get on supply order form 30 for $1. If someone shows interest we then give a mini catalog. That's it. Of course we have recruiting info and fundraising info out. But generally, unless you are specifically talking with someone about that, they dont' take it.

Don't forget - a business card goes a long way too! Spread those out all around the table. Tell them to check out your website. At a booth Carol and I did in May, a woman picked up my card, and consistantly gives me a $40-$0 outlet order every 2-3 weeks. Was it worth tossing business cards on the table heck ya. Was it cheap - heck ya.

And, yes, talk with other vendors. You find out where the good vendor events are at, and share where yours are too. Works out great.

It's great to have Liz as my vendor buddy!!!! I think in Nov we have, what 5?? different events we are doing. We work well together, support each other, and most important, don't steal each others leads!!!! Plus, there is generally some sort of adult libation after the events!! Have to divide the slips somewhere.

Like she and I said before, keep the stuff generic and you can use it forever!!

Carol & Liz do you do a drawing at your booths? If not how do you get people to give them their contact info?

Carol - you are cracking me up! Of course need to have those "party
beverages after!"

Yes, I do believe we have 5 vendor events for November. I'm looking into one for December too!

We do have drawing slips out. We make it up typcially before the show starts. Carol had a bad experience with "free show" so we don't do that (although I've always had good luck with it). Lately we've been doing - free Holiday cookbook. I'll be honest - people sometimes just want to fill something out - they don't even ask what they are filling out. Sometimes we don't even offer a drawing, we simply say give us your info - along with your e-mail address because we do a monthly newsletter. Typcially people will fill it out just for that.

ltkacz said:
I'll be honest - people sometimes just want to fill something out - they don't even ask what they are filling out. Sometimes we don't even offer a drawing, we simply say give us your info - along with your e-mail address because we do a monthly newsletter. Typcially people will fill it out just for that.

This is what I am running into- people just filling it out and not really being interested. My director told me to try and do no drawing and I want to, just a little worried about how we will get peoples information that really are interested.

Heather, typcially, if I just say we are collecting informaiton and e-mails for the newsletter, that typically deters them enough - if they are serious they will fill it out, if not, that's fine they are just looking for something "free".

Typically, if you don't make some sort of connection with them while they are visiting the booth - you certainly are not going to do it from a drawing slip. That's not to say you can't call those who said "yes or maybe" to hosting, but typcially, the ones that "stick" are the ones that we've made a personal connection with while they stopped by. It's about personal service.

I'll be honest - neither Carol or I call the people who couldn't have time to mark yes or maybe they'll have a show. Both of us have other jobs outside of PC and simply don't have time to call everyone - so the ones that mark yes and maybe are going to get calls - the rest, unless they have their e-mail on it - they go into my "someday" file (which I have yet to get to). It is what it is.

If you are wondering about drawing slips - we use the company ones. We've tried a variety of "home made" slips, and they don't work any better than the company ones - which are $1 and much easier to use (no time spent making and printing)

Thank you all. I just "blessed and released" as many of you say on this board. I actually did a lot more calling when I got home yesterday and got myself a booth at a flea market on Sat!
If they cancel on me- I'll scream! :)

ltkacz said:
Carol - you are cracking me up! Of course need to have those "party
beverages after!"

Yes, I do believe we have 5 vendor events for November. I'm looking into one for December too!

We do have drawing slips out. We make it up typcially before the show starts. Carol had a bad experience with "free show" so we don't do that (although I've always had good luck with it). Lately we've been doing - free Holiday cookbook. I'll be honest - people sometimes just want to fill something out - they don't even ask what they are filling out. Sometimes we don't even offer a drawing, we simply say give us your info - along with your e-mail address because we do a monthly newsletter. Typcially people will fill it out just for that.

Liz..you are more than welcome to come to Bath, MI with me in December!!!

My outside booth cancelled on me yesterday morning too. I was waiting on my partner to pick me up and all my stuff was packed and sitting on my front porch. She called and said someone from the festival called her cell and said it was cancelled. It rained all day on Friday but not a total downpour......just a slow rain off and on all day. The festival was being held on a soccer/baseball/football field (some kind of sports field). The reason for them cancelling was that the city said the field would get messed up with people walking on it all day. OK, so did they think the ground would dry up on Friday night in time for the festival on Saturday? They could have called it off on Friday and I wouldn't have been up till 1:00 in the morning getting things ready. Needless to say I was NOT happy and had really looked forward to going. I have three more booths coming up which are inside so hopefully they'll go great. I went to the field on Friday afternoon and tons of people had already set up their tents and tables. They had to make another trip up there to break everything down.

They ARE refunding our money so that's a good thing. Since they called it off, they have to refund it. But I'm sure there were a lot of angry people yesterday morning. This could have been done on Friday since the weather forecast said it was going to rain. It's called "common sense" in my opinion. The ground won't dry up overnight in 40 degree weather.

What is the cancellation policy for booth rentals?

The cancellation policy for booth rentals is as follows: If the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the event, a full refund will be given. If the cancellation is made between 30-60 days before the event, a 50% refund will be given. Cancellations made less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.

Can I transfer my booth rental to another event?

Yes, booth rentals can be transferred to another event as long as the request is made at least 30 days before the original event. A transfer fee may apply.

What happens if the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances?

If the event is cancelled by the organizers due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be given to all booth renters.

Is there a limit on the number of products I can sell at my booth?

No, there is no limit on the number of products you can sell at your booth. However, all products must be from the Pampered Chef catalog and approved by the company.

Can I set up my booth early or stay late to pack up?

Booth setup and tear down times are specified by the event organizers. If you need extra time, please contact us in advance to make arrangements. Arriving late or leaving early may result in additional fees or loss of booth rental.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefliz
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies