• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales at School Booths with Baked Goods: Legal Tips for Food Permits

In summary, when setting up an effective booth for selling food, it is important to have a visually appealing display with attractive signage and samples, as well as a clean and well-organized space. Offering a variety of food options, including both sweet and savory items, can help appeal to a wider range of customers. It is also crucial to follow food safety guidelines and regulations and consider offering cooking demonstrations or samples to engage potential customers. To increase sales, providing excellent customer service, offering promotions or discounts, and accepting multiple forms of payment can be beneficial.
Yakmama
I just got a booth at an Elementary School Fall Fest and it is pretty small (just parents basically). I was wondering if I should sell any baked goods in addition to my PC stuff- and if so- what are the laws regarding that? (food permits and what not). I plan on doing this kind of like a fundraiser (will donate 10-15% of my commission). Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't sell any food - it could be too distracting from the reason you are really there.

At a school fall festival I went to before I joined PC a lady was using the APCS, then slicing the apple rings in half to make them bite-size, putting them in a bowl and ladeling hot caramel sauce over them - her version of a caramel apple. It was for a school so the money made went to the. I thought is was great advertising for her though.

I agree with Linda.And as far as your original question, food permits will depend on where you are. Your state or local government should be able to give you info.

Related to Boost Sales at School Booths with Baked Goods: Legal Tips for Food Permits

1. How do I set up an effective booth for selling food?

To set up an effective booth for selling food, make sure to have a visually appealing display with attractive signage and samples. Use height and depth to create visual interest and draw attention to your products. Ensure that your booth is clean and well-organized, with easy access for customers to browse and make purchases. Also, have all necessary supplies and equipment on hand, such as serving utensils, napkins, and bags.

2. What types of food should I offer at my booth?

The types of food you offer at your booth will depend on your target audience and the event you are attending. It's always a good idea to have a variety of options, including both sweet and savory items, to appeal to a wider range of customers. Consider offering samples of your best-selling products and new or seasonal items to generate interest and encourage purchases.

3. How do I handle food safety and regulations at my booth?

It's important to follow all food safety guidelines and regulations when selling food at booths. This includes proper food handling, storage, and labeling. Make sure to have hand sanitizer and gloves available for handling food, and keep all perishable items at safe temperatures. Check with the event organizers or local health department for any specific regulations or permits you may need.

4. Can I offer cooking demonstrations or samples at my booth?

Yes, offering cooking demonstrations or samples at your booth can be a great way to engage potential customers and showcase your products. Make sure to have all necessary equipment and ingredients on hand, and follow proper food safety guidelines. Consider having recipe cards or product information available for interested customers to take home.

5. How can I increase sales at my booth?

To increase sales at your booth, make sure to engage with customers and provide excellent customer service. Offer samples, promotions, or discounts to entice customers to make a purchase. Also, make sure to have plenty of product information and business cards on hand to encourage repeat business. Lastly, consider accepting multiple forms of payment, such as cash, credit cards, and mobile payments, to make it easy for customers to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • jeninthekitchen5
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies