• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Holiday Sales with Unique Stones at Our Downtown Booth!

In summary, Di said that she is going to set up a booth at a downtown holiday fair. She is considering focusing on high-end items, not a full inventory of the catalog. She is concerned about the commission, but is willing to take the risk. Jen said that she is not very brave, but agrees that it is risky. They both think it is a good idea to tell people that they can order before they buy.
jeninthekitchen5
:balloon:Booth/ cash 'n carry question...I am going to set up a booth at a downtown holiday fair. I see here that most people that offer cash and carry do small dollar amount items, understandibly. But my thought was, the commission is so small on those things. What about focusing on a few higher end items, not a full inventory of the entire catalog, but 10 each of large stones, bar pans, food choppers, etc., maybe a total of 5-6 different items.
I know it is risky if I don't sell them, however, when I called today to find out how many people have gone to this thing in the past, I was told they had 10,000 people last year, and hope to have 10,000-12,000 this year. Granted some are kids/couples, but even if 3,0000 individual families came through, that is still a lot. I was thinking I could have them gift wrapped ahead of time...how nice for them!
Anyone ever tried to sell things like stones instead of SBRC, mini serving spatulas and the like?
Thanks for your input,
Jen

I agree it is risky, and I am not sure I would personally do it. Good luck if you decide to carry the more expensive items. I am not very brave.

I personally wouldn't do it - just tell people they can order - less for you to worry about and no money up front.

And, the guarantees don't transfer on CnC items. A stone is definitely something they want a guarantee for!

Think of the hauling, and security if you were to take all that merchandise to a Mall. Not
only is it risky (whether it would sell) but you have to watch people like a hawk to be sure they do not walk off without paying. You'd practically be tied to your table just to
be sure it did not disappear.

You sound more courageous than I am. Please let us know how well you do. We all need to hear about positive results to give us courage!

Yes it can be risky, but it also can be profitable!

It is the holiday season, and people like things they can take home with them on the same day! I am doing two booths beginning of Dec with some fellow consultants, and we are pretty much just primarily focusing on C&C. People are going to be out looking for gifts/giftsets, not looking to place an order and have to wait on getting their items.

Also...since Nov. is sell-a-thon month, you can order items off of the outlet and sell those since they don't come with a warranty anyways, if you are concerned about the whole warranty thing. Then you will get commission from placing an outlet order and then hopefully sell your items to pay yourself back! I just let people know that any C&C items have no warranty...then it is up to them if they want to purchase it or not.

I will have a few gift sets, wrapped and ready and also some smaller cash and carry items for sale.

I have done this before with a friend of mine and she brought all larger items like batter bowls, sheet pans, and spatulas, and I brought small things like citrus peelers, mini serving spatulas, season's best.....we ended up selling enough C&C to refund ourselves the cost of the booth AND we each got two show bookings!!

Well, that was what I was thinking...people this time of year are looking for gifts ready to go without having to wait on shipping. And if they are wrapped and ready to go...all the better. I am going to give it a try...but scaled back to half of what I REALLY wanted to do. Great idea on the outlet items. I wish I got more of those micro-cookers while they were there for $5 a set...they went quick!

The microcookers are back if you hurry!

I have had stones (not NEARLY that many, one or two) at fairs. People turned up their noses at them. They expected garage-sale prices. Plus the point of the waranty cannot be stressed enough.

Di,
Can you tell me the type of event you were at and how many people? This is a holiday fair with people coming to shop (10,000-12,000 people). I just want to compair apples to apples, but I do appreciate all of your input.

Even if people are coming specifically to shop, you can work your non-inventory as a positive. Tell them that you were concerned that they'd be carrying around heavy items all day (or night), and that's why you take orders.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I have had stones (not NEARLY that many, one or two) at fairs. People turned up their noses at them. They expected garage-sale prices.

Plus the point of the waranty cannot be stressed enough.

Right....but if you get stones off of the outlet...there is not warranty AND you can sell them for cheaper because they didn't cost you as much.

jeninthekitchen5 said:
Di,
Can you tell me the type of event you were at and how many people? This is a holiday fair with people coming to shop (10,000-12,000 people). I just want to compair apples to apples, but I do appreciate all of your input.

I know you aren't talking to me...lol... but the fair I am doing in Dec. It is a HUGE two day event. They have about 10,000 or more people come through each DAY!

chefann said:
Even if people are coming specifically to shop, you can work your non-inventory as a positive. Tell them that you were concerned that they'd be carrying around heavy items all day (or night), and that's why you take orders.

Yep that works....but you also can offer to hold their C&C items that they purchase from you, so they don't have to lug their bags around while walking through the rest of the event. I have done this a few time for customers who have bought a lot of stuff or heavy items. Just make sure they pay you for the items and that you get their address and phone# just in case. But I have NEVER had anyone forget to come back for their items :)

1. What are Stones as Cash and Carry?

Stones as Cash and Carry are a form of currency used by Pampered Chef consultants to purchase products at discounted prices.

2. How do I earn Stones as Cash and Carry?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn Stones as Cash and Carry by meeting sales goals and milestones set by the company.

3. Can I use Stones as Cash and Carry to purchase any product?

Yes, Stones as Cash and Carry can be used to purchase any Pampered Chef product, including limited edition and seasonal items.

4. Do Stones as Cash and Carry expire?

Yes, Stones as Cash and Carry expire after one year. It is important to use them before they expire to take advantage of the discounts.

5. Can I combine Stones as Cash and Carry with other discounts or promotions?

No, Stones as Cash and Carry cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. They can only be used towards the full retail price of a product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies