• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Popular Gift Set Ideas for a Holiday Booth?

In summary, if you're looking to put together a gift for the holidays, consider filling some prep bowls with candy, nuts, or hot cocoa and wrapping them with a nice ribbon. Other ideas include a small batter bowl with ribbon, layered mix small batter bowl, or pampered pantry items.
chefjessicah
I am doing a booth at a holiday marketplace at my daughter's private school. I must have cash and carry items because the school gets a percentage of the sales for the evening. I want to do it because it will let my presence as a PC consultant be known to the parents. I'm trying to put together some gift items, but what else is popular this year that might sell well enough to get stock in? What gift set ideas do y'all have that aren't too expensive on my part?

How about filling some of the 1-cup prepbowls with either candy, nuts, or hot cocoa and wrapping them with a nice ribbon?
Also, the layered mix small batter bowl with ribbon.

Have you considered running your table as a fundraiser? The school would then get 10-15% of your sales...

Jessica,I don’t take a chance on ordering things for cash and carry. If you don’t pick the items that will be hot, you’re going to be stuck with product. You can take orders and still give the school a percentage. Collect the orders as a fundraiser and the school gets a check. If you’d like, you can sweeten the pot by adding a percentage of your commission.People understand that we take orders and then get the product to them. Since you’re having it at the school, you can arrange a “pick up date” at the school. I recommend having that in two weeks (just to be sure you have your order in time).If you’ve been around long enough to have “extra” product, you could bring those items to sell on the spot.

You can order some pampered pantry items to sell. They really do draw people in and they can make great stocking stuffers with the smaller items bundled.

I always keep a few cookbooks and mini spats. The Deep Covered Baker cookbook is my most popular item along with the mini spat. Also, I keep the pineapple rum and rasberry hab sauce in stock. Every vendor show I do, I have a sample of them and I always sell out of those 2 sauces.

I don't have allot of inventory. Just 1 or 2 of each item. Enough for those to see that I have cash and carry.

If you get stuck with anything, have a yard or garage sale or donate them and write it off on taxes.

If you don’t pick the items that will be hot, you’re going to be stuck with product.

So true! My advice is to not order anything that is very expensive. The Season's Bests are good, you can always give those as door prizes or host gifts. I am so frugal, that is the only thing I will order, because they are 60 cents each on supply.

The spices on supply order are not for resale, otherwise I would offer them. Even if I did place a personal order, I bet I would get one flavor and everyone would want a different one. That is how my luck runs on things like that :grumpy: I am still stuck with too many mini spatulas.

Anyway. Enough dwelling on how PC does not really lend itself to cash and carry. If it were me, I would have the SB for cash & carry and then take orders and donate the percentage of sales that the school requires.

Have a great time with your booth! That is an excellent way to make contacts for the future and grow your business!

chefjeanine said:
Jessica,

I don’t take a chance on ordering things for cash and carry. If you don’t pick the items that will be hot, you’re going to be stuck with product.

You can take orders and still give the school a percentage. Collect the orders as a fundraiser and the school gets a check. If you’d like, you can sweeten the pot by adding a percentage of your commission.

People understand that we take orders and then get the product to them. Since you’re having it at the school, you can arrange a “pick up date” at the school. I recommend having that in two weeks (just to be sure you have your order in time).

If you’ve been around long enough to have “extra” product, you could bring those items to sell on the spot.

I totally agree with this!! You don't have to have cash and carry, just give them a percentage of the products you sell that night. Or if you get enough, turn it in as a fundraiser.

Something I've done once in a while is just to bring the extras I have at home, used and new. After almost 5 years in business I have had a lot of products just sitting in my office that I've earned and have a lot of duplicates in my kitchen that I don't really use.

wadesgirl said:
Something I've done once in a while is just to bring the extras I have at home, used and new. After almost 5 years in business I have had a lot of products just sitting in my office that I've earned and have a lot of duplicates in my kitchen that I don't really use.

Allison,

I was thinking about doing this for some events I'll be doing in the next few months. Can you tell me how you advertise and price these items (used/demo, 1/2 original price)? Also, have you ever brought items that have been discontinued? Those are the items I'd really like to clear out of my cabinets. :)

Re: Cash And CarryI think they call it cash and carry because you make very little cash and just carry it in and carry it out!! Using any freebies or bonus inventory is really the best way to go.

One thing I used to do when a vendor event required cash and carry is bring the items that I wanted to sell, easy to sell but only bring 2-3. Then when you sell one, take the order and say "Do you want to CARRY" this with you or shall I ship it to you?"

Put the emphasis on CARRY and everyone will say ship it... then just order them direct ship.

chefjeanine said:
Allison,

I was thinking about doing this for some events I'll be doing in the next few months. Can you tell me how you advertise and price these items (used/demo, 1/2 original price)? Also, have you ever brought items that have been discontinued? Those are the items I'd really like to clear out of my cabinets. :)

I put out anything, even discontinued and used items that are still in good condition. I list all new stuff 20% off (most of the time I earned it for free anyway) and all used stuff 50% off. When they come through I point out the cash and carry items and tell them about the pricing and that there is no warranty on the items but no tax and shipping. I don't normally do it though, just in special times - like when I'm told to have cash and carry or in the last instance that I had a bunch of stuff that I tried to sell at my mom's garage sale that was still in my car so I put it out.

You may be surprised how some people will purchase your own items for the same price or very close. That happened to me in one of my first booths. I also brought items that I planned to give as gifts. If they sold, I just replaced them.

You can also give a percentage of your sales, not just cash n carry items.

I do a lot of booths and I rarely take "cash and carry." Sometimes I will take some things I have that are "retired" that I earned like dish towels, spatulas or silicone mats in old colors-but usually end up carrying things home. If you really want to purchase some things I suggest Mix-n-chop, Mini Serving spatulas, ice cream scoop and kernel cutter, maybe quick cut paring knives but as someone else said I wouldn't have more than a couple.

I take Season's Best Cookbooks,Citrus peelers,All Purpose Spreaders, Quikut Knives, Small Bamboo spoons and Petite Bamboo Spoons because I usually have these on hand for Door Prizes or host thank you's and so on :)
Then I take products I have on hand that I dont want weather they are new or been gently used at a show and I discount them :)

At local vendor shows in my area, I create food items with my PC items and then sell them at the show. I also demo some of the items so that people will see how easy they are to use. The money I get from the food products pay for the booth and the food I use. It's a great way to get your name out there and share some of your favorite easy recipes.

Just FYI Shelley, this thread is a few months old. ;)But Go BEARCATS! LOL

1. How can I get help with setting up my holiday C&C booth?

You can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance with setting up your holiday C&C booth. They can provide tips and advice on how to make your booth visually appealing and attract customers.

2. What products should I showcase at my holiday C&C booth?

We recommend featuring popular holiday products such as our stoneware, baking sets, and kitchen gadgets. You can also display seasonal items like our holiday-themed aprons and serving platters.

3. How can I make my holiday C&C booth stand out?

One way to make your booth stand out is by creating a festive atmosphere with holiday decorations and music. You can also offer samples of our seasonal products to entice customers.

4. Are there any promotional materials available to help with my holiday C&C booth?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of promotional materials such as flyers, posters, and social media graphics to help promote your holiday C&C booth. These materials can be found on your consultant's website or by contacting our customer service team.

5. How can I increase sales at my holiday C&C booth?

One way to increase sales at your booth is by offering exclusive holiday bundles or discounts. You can also provide recipe ideas and demonstrations using our holiday products to showcase their versatility and encourage customers to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jaj529
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kewaters