• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken Recipe: Perfect for Small Microwaves!

The directions were to cook for 2 hours at 350 degrees with a 5lb bird. The author suggests using a tomato paste mixture with orange zest and onions and garlic for flavor. They also suggest using bacon or liquid smoke for added flavoring.
ivebeen4given
OK was going to try this and come to find out our microwave is too small, what is a good temp and time for chicken in the oven with the DCB?

Follow the directions on the package, but start checking the temp 1/2 hr before it should be done.

There's a recipe in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, page 28, (before the DCB) using the DDB. I made it with the DCB, so I know it works. 1 hour and 40 minutes - 2 hours at 400 degrees, until pocket thermometer registers 180 in meaty part of thigh. Remove lid last 10 minutes. That seems long to me, but maybe someone else has a faster way.

Cooking the chicken in the oven did not result in something I wanted to eat. The veggies were good but the chicken not so much. I think it was just a bad bird. I will have to try it again with a bird from a different store.

Which directions did you follow?

the 400 for an hour 40, my oven seems to cook faster so I adjusted according and the chicken was just tough. I really think it was the bird. Does anyone possibly have a recipe for a ham in the DCB?

Baked Ham
Place the butt portion of a ham in the baker. Top with lid. Place in 350 oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours. You may glaze ham in last 30 minutes of cooking with pineapple and brown sugar glaze.

Attachments

• DCB Recipes.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 742
  • Deep Covered Baker Recipes.doc
    134.5 KB · Views: 612
The DCB came with a recipe for a chicken in the oven ... it was 1 1/2 hours, I think at 350. Check in the use and care. Ignore the recipe and just look at the cooking time.

It was FABULOUS!

That's one fiesty old bird...Usually the rule is 350 degree 30min for every pound of chicken up to 5lbs. Longer at a lower temperature for tough old chicks. If your bird is an old "coot" it will need something acidic in the roaster with it to help tenderize (Braise) the meat. Since I can't be there to sweet talk your ol' bitty... My first choice is tomato paste and orange zest with plenty of onions and garlic. 1 cup Wine or (grape juice for AA recovering/ avoiding folk.) I also like to use a little bacon or liquid smoke for a little depth of flavor and some thyme... Make sure you have seasoned it well with salt and pepper too. This one is simple because it uses so few ingredients. Hope your bird isn't too "fowl"!

Related to Quick & Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken Recipe: Perfect for Small Microwaves!

What is the "30 Minute Chicken Problem"?

The "30 Minute Chicken Problem" is a common issue that many people face when cooking chicken. It refers to the difficulty of cooking chicken all the way through and ensuring it is fully cooked without overcooking it and making it dry.

How can I solve the "30 Minute Chicken Problem"?

There are a few different ways to solve the "30 Minute Chicken Problem." One option is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken and ensure it reaches 165°F. Another solution is to cut the chicken into smaller, more even pieces to help it cook more quickly and evenly.

What are some tips for cooking chicken in 30 minutes or less?

To cook chicken in 30 minutes or less, it is important to choose thin cuts of chicken or to pound thicker cuts to make them thinner. You can also marinate the chicken beforehand to help tenderize it and reduce cooking time. Using high heat and a non-stick pan can also help speed up the cooking process.

What are some common mistakes people make when trying to cook chicken in 30 minutes?

Some common mistakes people make when trying to cook chicken in 30 minutes are not preheating the pan or oven before cooking, not using enough oil or butter to prevent sticking, and not properly seasoning the chicken. These mistakes can lead to uneven cooking and a less flavorful dish.

Are there any tools or products that can help with the "30 Minute Chicken Problem"?

Yes, there are several tools and products that can help with the "30 Minute Chicken Problem." A meat thermometer, as mentioned before, is a useful tool to ensure the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature. A non-stick pan, high heat cooking spray, and a meat mallet are also helpful for cooking chicken quickly and evenly. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of cookware and utensils specifically designed for cooking chicken in 30 minutes or less.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • jkowalski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies