• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Proper Cooking Time and Temperature for Small Roast in DCB Oven

In summary, a DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used for roasting, baking, and microwaving. It evenly distributes heat, resulting in perfectly roasted dishes. It does not need to be greased before use, but can be lightly coated with oil or cooking spray. Cooking time for meat will vary, but can be checked with a meat thermometer. The DCB can also be used to roast vegetables, and can be cleaned with hot soapy water. It is not recommended to use abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the stoneware.
Meigs
Does anyone know how long a Small Roast should be in the DCB in the Oven? And at what temp??

Thanks =-)

I do 350 for a little over an hour
mix 1 can campbells french onion soup and a can of cheddar cheese whisk pour over a roast that is UNSEASONED but has sliced garlic on bake remove roast to platter whisk juices and serve as gravy no need to thicken

It would help to know what cut of meat and its weight.

Use the same temp and time as you would in any other pan.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help answer your question about cooking a small roast in the DCB in the oven. The recommended cooking time and temperature will vary depending on the type of roast you are using and your personal preference for doneness. However, as a general rule of thumb, a small roast (around 2-3 pounds) should cook for about 20-25 minutes per pound at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It's always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure that your roast has reached the desired internal temperature before serving. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

What is a DCB and how do I use it for roasting?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used for roasting, baking, and even microwaving. To use it for roasting, preheat your oven to the desired temperature and place your meat or vegetables inside the DCB. Cover the baker with the lid and place it in the oven. The stoneware will evenly distribute the heat, resulting in a perfectly roasted dish.

Do I need to grease the DCB before roasting?

No, you do not need to grease the DCB before roasting. The stoneware is naturally non-stick and will release the food easily without the need for greasing. However, you can lightly coat the baker with oil or cooking spray if desired.

How long should I roast my meat in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type and size of meat you are roasting. As a general rule, you can follow the same cooking time as you would in a traditional roasting pan. However, we recommend checking the internal temperature of the meat with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached the desired level of doneness.

Can I use the DCB to roast vegetables?

Yes, the DCB is great for roasting vegetables as well. Simply toss your desired vegetables in oil and seasonings, then place them in the baker and roast as you would with meat. The stoneware will help the vegetables cook evenly and develop a delicious caramelized exterior.

How do I clean my DCB after roasting?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with hot soapy water to preserve the stoneware's natural non-stick properties. If there are any stubborn food bits stuck on, you can soak the baker in hot water for a few minutes before cleaning. Do not use abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies