• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb in the Oven for the 1St Time!?

In summary, Amanda is making a roast and is looking for advice on time and temp. Dave Barton told her to use 350 degrees and cook it for 4-5 hours.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have to laugh at myself that I haven't used this yet in the oven. :blushing:

I'm making a roast today. Now usually I do this in the crockpot. I mix a packet of dry onion soup mix and combine it with 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. Then I put the roast in. Then I put in a bag of baby carrots and some big slices of onions. Later I serve it with mashed potatoes and the sauce is my gravy.

So....any tips on time and temperature for the oven? I need to bring up the DCB recipe file and search around, I guess. But I just thought I'd post here in case someone's done something like this and has any advice.

Thanks! :)

I think my mom does hers at 350. Isn't it funny that this is the first time? I've used mine in the oven ONCE in the year that I've had it!

Okay, I'm a chicken. I got nervous that I'd mess up the timing and over or under cook it. Plus I think my roast was too big to fit everything in. (I forgot to list that I also add 1 1/4 cups of water to the soups & onion mix.) So the crockpot it is for today. (holding my head in shame) :blushing:

Oh, Amanda. You need to be more adventurous. How do you know if it's undercooked? Use a thermometer! You'll never go wrong at 350, and just check it occasionally. It'll take some experimentation, but you're not gonna mess it up.

Ha ha ha! I know, Keith! You're right--I told you I was a chicken!Oh, by the way..I bought all the ingredients so I can make your Cheese Steak Pizza! Oh I can't wait!! :)

babywings76 said:
Ha ha ha! I know, Keith! You're right--I told you I was a chicken!

Oh, by the way..I bought all the ingredients so I can make your Cheese Steak Pizza! Oh I can't wait!! :)

I hope you like it! Just follow my advice about the seasoning, as mine was too bland. And get ready for the grease!

Just a bit of advice - you still need to cook it slowly because it's a roast. 350 is a good temp, but you'll want to cook it for about 4+ hours. If you don't, the roast will be tough and tasteless.

Thanks to Mr. Dave Barton for telling me this when I had the same question a month ago!

What is the recommended temperature for using the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

The recommended temperature for using the Deep Covered Baker in the oven is 425°F.

How long should the Deep Covered Baker be preheated before use?

The Deep Covered Baker should be preheated for 10-15 minutes before use to ensure even heat distribution and optimal cooking results.

Can the Deep Covered Baker be used in a convection oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in a convection oven. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature as convection ovens cook food faster than traditional ovens.

Do I need to grease the Deep Covered Baker before use?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is made from non-stick stoneware and does not require any greasing. However, you can lightly spray or brush oil on the surface for added flavor or browning.

Can the Deep Covered Baker go from the oven to the table?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is designed to go from the oven to the table. However, be sure to use oven mitts or trivets when handling the hot stoneware, and avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratching the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • mrpampchefdoug
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo