1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chicken breasts w/ potatoes, onion, and carrots in DCB?

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Hi everyone. DH just called to tell me he's going to be home late from work, which scraps my grilling idea (thanks to my twisted knee...). Since it's a cloudy, MUCH cooler day than it's been lately, I feel like making a roast. However, didn't thaw meat in time for the crockpot.

crockpot :eek: Can't believe I said that.

I would rather use my DCB anyway. I was thinking of onion wedges, potato wedges, maybe carrots (?), and chicken breasts in the DCB. What would you season it with? How long do you think it would take to cook? Any suggestions on making it super tasty?

Aug 31, 2009
  2. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I love chicken with either the Greek Rub or the Citrus Basil Rub (or both). The potatoes will take longer to cook than the chicken, so I suggest putting those, along with the carrots and onion, first for about 15 minutes. Add the chicken breasts, and cook for another 10 minutes.

The times are pure guesses, since I've never made this dish, but they are educated guesses.

Aug 31, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

How did it turn out?

Sep 1, 2009
Have something to add?