• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy DCB Stuffing Recipe for Your Busy Work Potluck | TIA

In summary, Becky is bringing sausage and apple herb stuffing to work next week. There is a recipe for stuffing in the microwave, but oven space will be limited or nonexistent that day. There is also a recipe for stuffing in the deep covered baker, but Becky wants to try out a different seasoning mix.
bnlgal
I just volunteered to bring stuffing to work next week. Is there a recipe for DCB stuffing in the microwave? Oven space will be very limited or nonexistent that day. I found one with chicken, but someone else is bringing the chicken.

TIA!

just use the regular microwave directions for stovetop - thats what I would do :D

There was a really great recipe last year for stuffing in the DCB. I think it was in the catalog for last F/W, actually. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

That was my thought too, Shelby. I may experiment with it this week. Thanks Becky! I would love to have it.

Is this the one that used to be in the catty? It's on CC in searchable recipes.

Sausage and Apple Herbed Stuffing

1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 package (14 ounces) herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped apples
1 tbsp Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausage into (10-in.) Skillet; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. (Do not drain Skillet.)

Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until foamy. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries, apples, seasoning mix and sausage. Add vegetable mixture and broth; toss until moistened.

Spoon stuffing into Deep Covered Baker. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid using Oven Mitts, lifting away from you; bake an additional 30 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 720 mg, Fiber 3 g

kam said:
Is this the one that used to be in the catty? It's on CC in searchable recipes.

Sausage and Apple Herbed Stuffing

1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 package (14 ounces) herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped apples
1 tbsp Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausage into (10-in.) Skillet; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. (Do not drain Skillet.)

Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until foamy. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries, apples, seasoning mix and sausage. Add vegetable mixture and broth; toss until moistened.

Spoon stuffing into Deep Covered Baker. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid using Oven Mitts, lifting away from you; bake an additional 30 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 720 mg, Fiber 3 g

That's it! I did it last year....thanks for the reminder! SO Good!

This sounds yummy! Thanks!

I don't have the rosemary seasoning for this recipe. It's the one seasoning I don't own of PC's. What would be a good substitute? How much?

babywings76 said:
I don't have the rosemary seasoning for this recipe. It's the one seasoning I don't own of PC's. What would be a good substitute? How much?

Do you have the lemon & rosemary rub?

Or what about dried rosemary, or dried sage, or dried thyme?

Thanks! I hadn't thought about our new lemon & rosemary dipping seasoning. I do have that. At first I was thinking that the lemon might not be good, but when I looked up what is in the rosemary herb seasoning, it lists lemon in there. :D Do you think I should add a sprinkle of thyme to it, since that's not listed as being in the dipping seasoning?

What is "Stuffing in the Dcb"?

"Stuffing in the Dcb" refers to a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that involves using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to make a delicious and easy stuffing dish.

What ingredients do I need to make Stuffing in the Dcb?

You will need bread cubes, chicken broth, celery, onion, butter, herbs, and seasonings to make Stuffing in the Dcb. The exact measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe provided by Pampered Chef.

Can I make Stuffing in the Dcb ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the stuffing ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat it in the oven or microwave until warmed through.

What is the advantage of using the Dcb for making stuffing?

The Dcb is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for both cooking and serving. It has a unique design that allows for even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked and moist stuffing. Plus, it saves space in the oven during holiday cooking when oven space is limited.

Can I use gluten-free bread for Stuffing in the Dcb?

Yes, you can use gluten-free bread to make Stuffing in the Dcb. Just make sure to adjust the recipe accordingly and use a gluten-free chicken broth as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies