• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwavable Recipes for the DCB: Share Your Experiences!

In summary, the conversation is discussing different microwave recipes for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). The participants have shared their tried and tested recipes, such as the Smashed Potato Soup, Quick Turkey Chili, and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. They also discuss adapting recipes for the DCB and where to find more recipe ideas. One participant shares a helpful link for a thread with more recipe suggestions and tips for using the DCB. Another participant shares a tip for purchasing mashed potatoes in bulk for a lower cost.
emmabelle47
Okay, I know this has been asked before, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I want more microwavable recipes for the DCB. I've found the recipe file for the oven, but my parents oven doesn't work real well, and I'd like to find a good recipe to try out in their microwave. I've already seen the Chicken, Ribs, and Pork thats on the PC website, but has anyone tried some other recipes they enjoyed?

The Smashed Potato Soup referred to in the "need a pot for soup" thread is great, I demonstrated this at our cluster meeting the other night with great results.

The Quick Turkey Chili (on CC) is excellent too - as is the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, and I've also posted on a couple different threads (I Love.... is one of them) how I do Chicken Fajitas in 15 minutes in the DCB.

Beef enchilada casserole in the 29 mins to dinner - says to use the deep dish baker but I do it in the DCB

more microwave recipesThe turkey chili is excellent, but I am also looking for more recipe ideas for the dcb. Where can I find the smashed potato soup recipe?
Thanks

pamperedpals said:
I tried looking for the changes to the recipe that showcases the DCB and can't find it. Can someone help?

Thanks!
Here you go! Thanks to ChefBeckyD!!

Smashed Potato Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 59)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 (1 lb, 4 oz) pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and crisply cooked, crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.

Makes 4 servings.

To make in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave:
Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in the DCB - covered - for about 4 minutes. Add all the rest of ingredients, except sour cream & parsley, and heat in microwave for about 8 minutes (covered). Add sour cream, heat for 2 more minutes, and then add parsley. Stir, and serve.

KellyTheChef said:
Another idea from Becky... add some chopped onion to the celery and carrot part. I added this to my demo last night and we all loved the soup!

Tonight I made it for the family but I didn't have any of the store bought mashed potatoes. Instead, I made up one envelope of the Betty Crocker Butter and Herb flavored potato mixes. Still just as good...but a much cheaper alternative (especially considering that the BC potatoes I have were purchased using my "Grocery Game" list and I only paid .30 per box...which means my one envelope only cost .15!) I think I figured that the WHOLE single recipe of soup, including cheese and bacon bits (as toppers) cost less than $3!!

One more thing...if you need to DOUBLE the recipe, it still works (and fits!) in the DCB. Just adjust the time on the microwave to longer for each part!

Here is the link for the thread, it has some other recipes and good ideas: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f6/soup-slippers-show-30566/

Here is a search that may be helpful: http://www.chefsuccess.com/search.php?searchid=1200366

I love that as a microwave demo!! Definitely add onion to it - the onion helps thicken the soup, so it's a little heartier. If you're making it several times in a short period of time, you can usually get mashed potatoes in a large tub at a food service store (we have Gordon Food Service around here). DH picked one up for me that was a 6 pound tub for $1.99 - there were enough potatoes for 5 batches!

chefann said:
I love that as a microwave demo!! Definitely add onion to it - the onion helps thicken the soup, so it's a little heartier. If you're making it several times in a short period of time, you can usually get mashed potatoes in a large tub at a food service store (we have Gordon Food Service around here). DH picked one up for me that was a 6 pound tub for $1.99 - there were enough potatoes for 5 batches!

Wow! That is quite a deal on those potatoes!!

I know! Considering the Bob Evans or Shedd's potatoes are usually available for $2 (on sale) for a 20 ounce tub. :) My SD shared the tip about them, since that's what her mom's club buys for pierogi day (large Catholic high school with a high Polish population, and they make and sell pierogi as a fundraiser before Christmas).

Yea! That's cheaper than what you can MAKE mashed potatoes for!

Thank you Thank you!!

Related to Microwavable Recipes for the DCB: Share Your Experiences!

1. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is designed to be used in the microwave. It is made of stoneware which is safe for use in the microwave.

2. What types of recipes can I make in the DCB using the microwave?

You can make a wide variety of recipes in the DCB using the microwave, including casseroles, roasts, desserts, and more. The possibilities are endless!

3. How do I adjust cooking times for microwavable recipes in the DCB?

The cooking times will vary depending on the recipe and the wattage of your microwave. It is recommended to start with the minimum time listed in the recipe and then adjust as needed. You can always add more time if necessary, but you cannot take away time once the food is overcooked.

4. Can I use the DCB in the oven as well?

Yes, the DCB is versatile and can be used in both the microwave and the oven. It is safe for use in ovens up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it in the microwave?

No, preheating is not necessary when using the DCB in the microwave. Simply place your food in the DCB and follow the cooking instructions for the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota