• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question Re: Shipping to Alaska

In summary, the recruit says that she can ship to a PO Box in Alaska, but the show will get put on hold until she lists a street address.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
Hey cheffers!

I have a new recruit, and she's off to a fab start. She used to live out in the Alaska bush, and one of her friends wants to order. The friend placed the order online and gave a PO Box as her address.

According to my recruit, this is fine, because the area the friend lives in is bush country, fly-in only area, and won't be on a Fed Ex route.

Does anyone have experience with this? I just want to be sure that we put in the correct info before her show goes in.

I live in Alaska and a PO box doesn't work. The show gets on hold until I list a street address, even though Smartpost comes through the post office.

I have family that lives in a remote part of AK also. FedEx will not ship to them, and she won't be able to close the show unless she has a street address. In the town my cousin's live in, even though they give me the street address, the package is delivered to the post office and then the post office holds the package. Hope that helps!

Thank you both!!

Actually Kay - they can ship to the PO Boxes here in Alaska. Yes it gets put on hold, but if you call HO and remind them that there are some places here that only have PO Boxes, they can bypass it in the system. SmartPost was also actually made for PO Boxes - it takes 3-4 weeks to arrive up here, but when SmartPost first came out that was one of the "marketing" tools they tried to use - I don't recommend it since it's only $5 more for regular direct shipping.
I have a consultant in Dillingham (pretty remote) - I'm just outside of Anchorage - and they use their PO Boxes all the time, at first she had to call and remind them that they only have PO Boxes there, and now she doesn't have to anymore - they must have a note on her profile or something at HO ;)

1. What are the shipping options for sending items to Alaska?

There are several shipping options available for sending items to Alaska, including USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. Each shipping company offers different rates and delivery times, so it's best to compare them and choose the one that best fits your needs.

2. How long does it typically take for items to be delivered to Alaska?

The delivery time for items shipped to Alaska can vary depending on the shipping method chosen. On average, it can take anywhere from 2-7 business days for items to be delivered to Alaska.

3. Are there any additional fees or taxes when shipping to Alaska?

Yes, there may be additional fees and taxes when shipping items to Alaska. This can include state sales tax, import fees, and customs duties. It's best to check with the shipping company or your local government for more information.

4. Can I track my package when shipping to Alaska?

Yes, most shipping companies offer tracking services for packages being shipped to Alaska. You can track your package online or through the shipping company's customer service line.

5. Is it more expensive to ship items to Alaska compared to other states?

Yes, in most cases, it is more expensive to ship items to Alaska compared to other states. This is because of the longer distance and additional fees that may apply. However, some shipping companies may offer discounted rates for certain types of items or bulk shipments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • pamperedchef88
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • chefgirlrd