• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on Out of State Catalog Show

In summary, if you have $1,000 or more in payments on one card, it won't go through. If you have $100-$1000 in payments on one card, it might get flagged and denied. You can split the same card between 2 orders and not have a problem.
gidgetmarie
Hi Everyone,

Hope this is in the right place, if not I apologize.
I have my sister who is in Illinois closing a book show and she wants to just put the total sales on her credit card instead of sending me the check. Is this something we can do?

Thank you,

Gidget

I do it quite often and have never had a problem.

Thanks a bunch, I was unsure but it makes more sense then mailing the check to me first, plus I would like to get it in by the end of this month..

I've always done this for catalog shows - but just this past month, I had one not go through, and when I called on it, they told me that you can't put a whole show on one CC. If you even have just $1 in some other form of payment, then it won't get flagged - but if the entire show is on one CC, there is the possibility it might get flagged and denied. They don't all get flagged, some will go through - it just a game of roullette.

This to me is the silliest thing.

I called the host, and she gave me a 2nd CC # to use for one of the orders - 2 different payments, so it went through fine.:rolleyes:

ok, i actually have one on a seperate card so hopefully it will go through!
Thanks for the information, huge help

I have split the same credit card between 2 orders, and not had a problem.:blushing:

Basically the problem is with putting the whole show on a card is that if someone wants to return something, the refund is made in the original payment. So if Mary Guest returns her 12" Skillet, Suzie Host gets the refund on her credit card if she puts the entire show on that. That's why every guest should be responsible for the payment of their order.

finley1991 said:
Basically the problem is with putting the whole show on a card is that if someone wants to return something, the refund is made in the original payment. So if Mary Guest returns her 12" Skillet, Suzie Host gets the refund on her credit card if she puts the entire show on that. That's why every guest should be responsible for the payment of their order.
That's not always true. I've had several instances where there was a return, and the customer was always cut a check from PC - I think the CC being credited only happens in the first 30 days.I was told when I called last month that the reason why it can't be charged to one CC# is because the Host is not the one being billed for the show, it is the consultant. It isn't the host entering into agreement for payment of the show - it is the Independant Cooking Consultant who has an agreement with PC, and all payments should be made first to the consultant, and then the consultant pays for the show.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's not always true. I've had several instances where there was a return, and the customer was always cut a check from PC - I think the CC being credited only happens in the first 30 days.

Same here.

if you don't want to wait on checks and don't want to put it all on one cc, encourage guests to pay with a cc/debit card by offering a free seasons best or other inexpensive "gift" for everyone who pays that way, then you can have them give it to you over the phone (NEVER email!), and the seasons best you put all on the hosts order (free shipping) and pay for just THAT total of season's bests with a consultant gift payment, which you'll pay for at the end.

This is how I avoid delays due to waiting for checks as much as possible.

I like that idea, great thank you so much!

Related to Question on Out of State Catalog Show

1. How do I host an out-of-state catalog show?

To host an out-of-state catalog show, simply reach out to your consultant and let them know you are interested. They will help you choose the products you want to feature and provide you with all the necessary materials.

2. Can I earn the same rewards as a traditional in-home show?

Yes, you can earn the same rewards as a traditional in-home show when hosting an out-of-state catalog show. You will still receive host rewards based on the total sales from your show.

3. How do I submit my orders for an out-of-state catalog show?

Your consultant will provide you with a link to their online ordering system. You can submit your orders through this system and your consultant will take care of the rest.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for out-of-state catalog shows?

Yes, there is a minimum order requirement of $200 for out-of-state catalog shows. This ensures that you receive the maximum host rewards for your show.

5. Can I have multiple out-of-state catalog shows at the same time?

Yes, you can have multiple out-of-state catalog shows at the same time. This can be a great way to reach more people and increase your host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMom07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • texasteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies