• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quarter Mania Ideas from HO Meeting in Raleigh, NC Yesturday

In summary, the conversation was about a meeting in Raleigh, NC where someone gave the idea of Quarter Mania. The person asking for more details mentioned that it is a bit pricey to participate, as it costs $40 as a vendor and requires supplying baskets and a prize for the mega-basket. The results have been good with lots of bookings. The event is run every other month and the next one is in April. One participant shared a website for a similar event and asked for more details on personal experiences and logistics. Another person mentioned that their director does a similar event called Quarter Auction and it was started by Don Funt or Tom Marsten. The consensus was that it is a fun and potentially profitable event, but requires some research and planning.
cookinkaren99
I was in Raleigh, NC yesturday at HO meeting with Amy Neal. Was anyone there yesturday??? Someone gave an GREAT idea QUARTER MANIA. I didn't get to ask questions to the consultant that gave the idea. ANYONE KNOW MORE DETAILS ON THIS???

I am part of one here. It is kinda pricey to participate. It costs $40 as a vendor (you get 1 paddle to place bids), you have to supply 3 or more baskets to bid on, and a prize for the mega-basket (something from all of the vendors). You get 1 table. However, the results have been good. Lots of bookings. You do make all the money that people bid for your products. She runs it every other month. Our next 1 is in April.

Here is the website for the lady that runs it here. http://www.quartermaniaclub.com/

Sandra - I want more details!!!! This sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Tell me about your personal experience and what/how you do it. Do you purchase products a head of time for the baskets? Do you take orders too? Details woman, I need more..... :)

cookinkaren said:
I was in Raleigh, NC yesturday at HO meeting with Amy Neal. Was anyone there yesturday??? Someone gave an GREAT idea QUARTER MANIA. I didn't get to ask questions to the consultant that gave the idea. ANYONE KNOW MORE DETAILS ON THIS???

I was there too. I was right behind the gal that talked about it and gave her my card. She has already emailed and I've asked for more details.

Basically what she said was that you tell everyone to bring quarters to the event. You decide on what you need for each item (did you get it half price or ??). Then you pass around a "bucket" and collect so many quarters per paddle for the item you are auctioning. In exchange for the x number of quarters they get a "paddle" with a number on it. They can put more quarters in and get more than one paddle for an item. Then you draw a number and the one whose paddle has that number wins the item.

If I get more information about this I'll share.

bethcooks4u said:
I was there too. I was right behind the gal that talked about it and gave her my card. She has already emailed and I've asked for more details.

Basically what she said was that you tell everyone to bring quarters to the event. You decide on what you need for each item (did you get it half price or ??). Then you pass around a "bucket" and collect so many quarters per paddle for the item you are auctioning. In exchange for the x number of quarters they get a "paddle" with a number on it. They can put more quarters in and get more than one paddle for an item. Then you draw a number and the one whose paddle has that number wins the item.

If I get more information about this I'll share.

so do they give the paddle when they put in the quarters? In the website that Sandra posted it looks like you 'own' one paddle for the evening and use it for every auction.

Your description makes a little more sense - the more chances you put in, the more chances you have of winning.

Woudn't it be easier to use 2-part tickets and have a booth set-up to purchase them?

I'm thinking about offering something like this to my son's school as a fundraiser.

my director does this & calls it a Quarter Auction---was it Don Funt/Tom Marston (??)who originally started this??
i've been trying to get one going in our area for about a year & no takers yet.

From what i understand you aren't making a killing from sales of the items you will sometimes just break even...
as far as the organization they make the $$ from the Admission Fee.

I used a 1/2 of a paper plate & a popsicle stick for the paddle & then #'d it.
I'll see what i can find on it & post it.

Keep the info flowing ya'll - I'm excited about this one :D

Yes, it was Tom Marsten that used to do this. I remember Laura (you all remember Laura, I'm sure) talking about it on CS.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, it was Tom Marsten that used to do this. I remember Laura (you all remember Laura, I'm sure) talking about it on CS.

Guess I need to go research those old threads....if she didn't delete them before she was banned :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
so do they give the paddle when they put in the quarters? In the website that Sandra posted it looks like you 'own' one paddle for the evening and use it for every auction.

Your description makes a little more sense - the more chances you put in, the more chances you have of winning.

Woudn't it be easier to use 2-part tickets and have a booth set-up to purchase them?

I'm thinking about offering something like this to my son's school as a fundraiser.

The one that Sandra posted is entirely different than what this is about. The point of this was to give back to customers, create loyalty and fun, get bookings and future business. Something you'd do at a customer appreciation event. They get items for just a few quarters but you get all the quarters that go into the "pot" (hopefully enough to cover your cost) and get to clear out your extras closet or attic. Everyone's happy.

I am so wanting to do this but it is so hard to get people to come out for those events when I have them. I don't want to do this and only have a couple of people "bidding".

Beth's description helped but I still am feeling a little dense and not totally getting this one. I remember seeing something on this too and may have downloaded a file either here at work or at home. I will look and see if I can add more pieces to the puzzle!!!:chef:

bethcooks4u said:
The one that Sandra posted is entirely different than what this is about. The point of this was to give back to customers, create loyalty and fun, get bookings and future business. Something you'd do at a customer appreciation event. They get items for just a few quarters but you get all the quarters that go into the "pot" (hopefully enough to cover your cost) and get to clear out your extras closet or attic. Everyone's happy.

I am so wanting to do this but it is so hard to get people to come out for those events when I have them. I don't want to do this and only have a couple of people "bidding".

Like a Bingo I did...I lost my shirt, pants, underwear and just about the caps on my teeth!

baychef said:
Like a Bingo I did...I lost my shirt, pants, underwear and just about the caps on my teeth!

Exactly. The bingo I did gave me the same results. :sick:

what is she charging $40/vendor for?? i wonder if it's to cover the room charge??

Yeah, it covers the hall that she rents. There's also a food vendor there. Beth your description was prett spot on. I have a hard time explaining it because the auction itself...you lose money. However, you do get new customers and contacts. That's the plus. And it is fun!

I did a fundraiser for the church. Made back the product cost at 1/2 off, used my first Directors box. Very fun, they made $400 and I gained a new church, which makes me happy :)

Not big money but definitely very fun!
We threw this together in 2 weeks

Found something...I found this file...not even sure who wrote it or where I got it from:bugeye:

Attachments

• Quarter auction.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Quarter auction.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 204
That's a great way to do it yourself on a slightly smaller scale. A really great way to get rid of stuff in the garage!! Maybe I'll do one of these this summer when my shows are dragging. Thank you for posting that doc, Ann!

Related to Quarter Mania Ideas from HO Meeting in Raleigh, NC Yesturday

1. What is Quarter Mania?

Quarter Mania is a fun and interactive event where guests have the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products at discounted prices by bidding with quarters on various items.

2. How do I get invited to Quarter Mania?

Quarter Mania events are typically hosted by Pampered Chef consultants and invitations are sent out to their customers and potential customers. If you are interested in attending a Quarter Mania event, reach out to your local consultant to see if they have any upcoming events.

3. What kinds of products are available at Quarter Mania?

At Quarter Mania, you can find a variety of Pampered Chef products, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. The specific products available may vary depending on the consultant hosting the event.

4. Can I use my consultant discount at Quarter Mania?

No, consultant discounts are not applicable at Quarter Mania events. However, you can still earn host rewards if you purchase a certain amount of products during the event.

5. How do I pay for my purchases at Quarter Mania?

At Quarter Mania events, guests bid on items using quarters. Once the bidding is over, guests can pay for their purchases with cash or credit card. Quarters will also be accepted as a form of payment if you have any leftover from your bids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PamperedCaniac