• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What?? Should I Call Even More?

In summary, Beth is upset because she was told that she could not change her director, and she is angry because she feels that she is being cheated out of her commissions.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I just got an email from someone I have called several times since I met her and send an at least once a month email newsletter to. I would think that would at least keep my name in front of her - at least I thought so. Here's her email:

Beth – I don’t know why I didn’t think of you sooner. I went ahead and became a consultant, but my cluster is far away in Raleigh. I have my current director looking around for another one to join closer to home. Where does your cluster meet?

I did invite her to my meetings but I just want to pull my hair out now.

ARGH!!! UGH!!!! ROAR!!! Man, people THINK!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This has got to be so frustrating! But find out first who she signed with... if it's her sister or something like that, well, we just can't compete. If it's not a relative, then I just don't know what to say.

Here's another email I just got from her:

I would love to join you tomorrow and that works out well as I’ll be dropping off my son at tae kwon do on Mebane Oaks Road at 5:30. My husband will meet me there and I can get to your house by 6:30. Can you send me your exact address so I can google it? I really appreciate this – going to Raleigh on top of driving my son from Alamance to Chatham County for school and then to UNC for work and back at night is just too much. It’s costing us a small fortune in gas, not to mention the time we spend in the car. We usually have some sport in downtown Mebane at night as well.

My current director hasn’t told me much about anything so if there is anything I’ll need for tomorrow can you let me know? I just held my first party and I was lost – I could really use some input from others that are more experienced.

Thanks much. I look forward to seeing you. I really should have signed up with you – it was a very impulsive move on my part.

How long has she been a consultant? If she hasn't submitted any shows yet she just might be able to back out and resign with you. It's worth a call to HO and find out.

Is her recruiter and director the same person? Also, with all of the people I have signed this year, they've gotten a call from HO in their first 30 days to see if I am (as their recruiter) doing my job in helping them out.

bethcooks4u said:
Here's another email I just got from her:

Wow! I'm still speechless!

Beth, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have been there. Ugh!If you, the new consultant, and the new director are all in agreement, she can be reassigned to you. Don't know if that would work for you or not....

DebbieJ said:
Beth, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have been there. Ugh!

If you, the new consultant, and the new director are all in agreement, she can be reassigned to you. Don't know if that would work for you or not....
Thanks. I am aware of that and have mentioned it to her. She sent yet another email stating her frustration, etc. I told her to tell HO what she told me. I hold no hope but you never know...

finley1991 said:
Is her recruiter and director the same person?

Also, with all of the people I have signed this year, they've gotten a call from HO in their first 30 days to see if I am (as their recruiter) doing my job in helping them out.

You know what bothers me about that? Is that how many of those who don't do anything are also the ones who NEVER respond to our attempts to help them?
Of course, they would also have to answer the phone in order for HO to talk to them!:rolleyes:

amy07 said:
You know what bothers me about that? Is that how many of those who don't do anything are also the ones who NEVER respond to our attempts to help them?
Of course, they would also have to answer the phone in order for HO to talk to them!:rolleyes:

TRUE!!!! I have 3 okay 4 that won't call me AT ALL!!!

She emailed me this morning:

I did call PC late yesterday and they insist that they do not allow consultants to change director. They just told me that hospitality would allow me to attend your group and really have nothing to do with the other. Of course, and this burns me up, she will continue to collect commissions from my sales. I related everything to PC and told them I didn’t think she had any right to any commissions relating to me since she hasn’t done anything for me. She signed me promising I would make enough money to pay for half my kit and then cut me loose.

In any event, I’ll see you tonight and maybe I can regain some of my enthusiasm for PC.

I did tell her that if her recruiter and director (if it's two people, not sure) agreed they might do it but I know that won't happen. lol

ETA: the recruiter is the director and they never met before the show

Well, she gave me her director/recruiter's email and I sent her a note saying that the consultant wanted the switch and asking if she'd consider it. She called me and went on and on about how high maintenance the consultant has been. So, who is being truthful here or are they both exaggerating? She did say (as the consultant also said) that she was working to get trip points.

Personally, I wish there was a way to give the director her trip points and then move her to my team so that the consultant is happy and becomes productive for the company but I do understand what a difficult position this puts all of us in (her director, me, Pampered Chef) and that HO can't be switching every unhappy consultant - what a mess that would be. I don't want to take someone's consultant away or even seem like I'm doing that. I have had other hospitality consultants that I have successfully helped and have no problem treating them just like my own. This would be harder but I know me and I would still be working to help her.

I'd say "lesson learned" but I HAVE contacted her about recruiting incentives, etc. so the onus is on the consultant for doing this - problem is I still get the work but I don't get the reward. I also know that what goes around comes around so it's possible that some day I'll be in that director's shoes.

She said she'd think about it and call her director and will get back with me.

Did this director ask her if she had ever been working with someone else before she signed her?

bethcooks4u said:
trip points

Semi-Hijack: I wish we could get 1000 pts for signing someone and 1000 pts when they qualify instead of the 2000 pts when they qualify. Sometimes we work just as hard to sign them and then things go amiss and we lose them before they qualify. That way not all of our hard work is lost...

Okay... hijack over.

finley1991 said:
Semi-Hijack: I wish we could get 1000 pts for signing someone and 1000 pts when they qualify instead of the 2000 pts when they qualify. Sometimes we work just as hard to sign them and then things go amiss and we lose them before they qualify. That way not all of our hard work is lost...

Okay... hijack over.
I agree and like that idea too! Suggest it!

finley1991 said:

Okay... hijack over.

I like that in theory. but to be honest, one of the things I love being able to tell my recruits, is that "I get nothing for signing them. I am rewarded only once I help them successfully start their business."
The way it is set up now, it really discouragies the "kit buying" by Consultants for recruits. It helps sets PC apart from some other DS companies in their recruiting efforts/tactics as well....

amy07 said:
I like that in theory. but to be honest, one of the things I love being able to tell my recruits, is that "I get nothing for signing them. I am rewarded only once I help them successfully start their business."
The way it is set up now, it really discouragies the "kit buying" by Consultants for recruits. It helps sets PC apart from some other DS companies in their recruiting efforts/tactics as well....

Very, very good point!!!! And that is one thing that DEFINITELY sets us apart!

note: this would be my usual smart-alecky return on this situation - for humor purposes only.......

just tell her that it's all good. She can just have her first recruit sign with you to even it out! sound fair to me!:p:p

amy07 said:
note: this would be my usual smart-alecky return on this situation - for humor purposes only.......

just tell her that it's all good. She can just have her first recruit sign with you to even it out! sound fair to me!:p:p

LOL!! That's funny AMY!!!!

amy07 said:

hmmm.......

now there's a thought!

Update (already):

I got this email today from the other director. There was a lot more in it and she went on about all that she had done for the consultant and that she had learned from the situation and would work on the "holes" in her director style. She was very gracious and I applaud her. It's a hard situation all around.

I have processed this request throughout the day and after speaking with Beth I agree that it is in every one's best interest for you to be transferred to her team. I have emailed the home office and am waiting on a reply from them to let me know if and when this will take effect.

The consultant came to my meeting last night (before the above email was sent) and thanked me profusely for including her. She commented that she took more than 2 full pages of notes and was excited to impliment ideas she learned.

I used the situation to talk about the fact that we need to follow up with people and build strong relationships. She commented that I did all that she thought I should have but she just didn't think.

I don't want to celebrate her joining my team yet because I don't know what HO will decide or how the process really works but it sure looks like all parties are trying to make things work and do what's best all around. I feel very bad for the other director though. I realy think she should get SOMETHING. When it's all done I think I'll send her something - I'll have to think about what would be appropriate.

I'm astounded, but very impressed that she can see past her wants/needs. THAT is a true class act in my view.

amy07 said:
I'm astounded, but very impressed that she can see past her wants/needs. THAT is a true class act in my view.

I totally agree. I know it would have been hard for me to come to that same decision. I can only hope that I would have been as gracious.

I emailed the director this morning and she responded in part: "To be honest the stress of leading her had been building and building the past few weeks. So, even though I was frustrated yesterday morning, after processing I do agree that this is what needs to happen."

Now the onus is on me to be the director the consultant wants.

Wow, Beth. This is fantastic.

Wow, this is all so interesting! I agree that the other director does have a lot of class to pursue the best solution to this. I hope it all works out for you, Beth!

WOW!Did you tell us how she ended up with the other director in the first place?

Here's what she put in her email to HO:

On impulse at a party I told Elizabeth Ratledge that I would join as a consultant. Pressure from her to get my application in before August 31, 2008 prompted me to sign

She had additional comments but this is what she is officially saying about why she signed with her. She also told me that she didn't understand how it worked and she felt pressured to do it here and now.

From what I understand all 3 of us had to request this and all 3 emails have now been sent. It's up to HO now.

Of course, (hey I'm human!) I would like to have her on my team but I really want the best for all. I told her last night at my meeting that I will treat her the same as my team members and I meant it - at that time we had no hope that her director would even consider this.

Her director forwarded an email the consultant sent her after leaving the meeting that she got more in the meeting than in the weeks that she had been with her and that she would go inactive for 12 months if she had to. This was in response to the email that the director sent saying she had already sent the request.

This consultant is really upset and when she talks about her experiece it sounds like she really likes her business but feels the way she signed was a mistake. We've heard that before haven't we?! There are stories like that all over CS. In this case HO might just let it happen but we'll see.

Once this is all said and done she will either be an awesome consultant (maybe to "show her" or maybe because she feels better about it all) or she'll quickly fade away but whatever happens I'll do what I can.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Beth!!!!

I just got an email from the other director. Pampered Chef will not allow her to switch. She has the option going inactive for 12 months or resigning but either way she has to wait 12 months if she wants to switch recruiters. So I am her hospitality director. I and my team have benefited from having hospitality consultants in the past so I know it's not a lose situation for me but it is somewhat uncomfortable in this case and certainly disappointing.

I totally understand the rules and why they are in place but I have to say that if all parties agree they should allow this. The other director initiated the request for pete's sake.

Sorry to hear that Beth.

ps- I love your new photo!

Aww that is too bad.
I can sort of feel your pain in this. I had a old friend who was on my email's for year. One day says oh I signed with PC. I thought WHAT?? She signed with an out of state friend and then of course had an out of state director. She wanted me to help her through it all. Well long story short, she has been inactive now for well over a year and had a show with me. Now she is thinking of signing with me. She says she should of done that in the first place.

Sorry about that, Beth! But take some comfort knowing you're handling this with dignity!! Good for you.:) It is disappointing though. I hope the consultant still has a strong business and enjoys it.

On a similar note, I had a potential consultant I was corresponding with and answering her questions. She's out of state and I clearly laid out the pros and cons of a local director vs. an out of state director (but with the option of local hospitality). This person also struck up a conversation with a current consultant online who turned out to be from her town, but also had a reputation in the town of not being a great consultant. When this other consultant discovered she was from her same town, she bombarded her with emails and asked her to sign up under her. This made the potential consultant uncomfortable. I told her it was completely her choice of who she signed up with and I wouldn't be all b**tchy if she decided to go with the local girl. Well, it turns out she signed with me and was SOOO psyched about her business.

I go to request a hosp director for her and guess what? It was this other consultant's director. They live in a very small town and this was the ONLY option for a hospitality director. My consultant was willing to forego the uncomfortable-ness (is that a word?) to go to this director's meetings because she was just so excited to be hooked up with someone local. Well, after I talked to the other director, she basically refused to provide hospitality for my consultant.:( BIG bummer. So, I applaud you Beth for handling this so well!!

Ok, end of hijack!!! Beth, I like you're new pic too!

Thanks guys! You are awesome!

As for the pic. I like the one I had up better but this one looks more like what I look like now.

Sorry Beth! I don't know what else to say! :eek:

well, crap, Beth~I guess it was worth looking into, but it's really too bad for all involved that it worked out this way.

You do look more like 'you' in this avatar! It is a great picture!

Another update: When the consultant first found that she couldn't switch she decided to go ahead and "make it work". She said she'd do hospitality with me and we even had some training calls - she even got a website.

Then I sent out my NMD e-vite and she emailed back that I didn't need to send anything more about meetings and training. I asked her what happened and she said that she decided to quit PC. She did not have kind words for HO and had even stronger words for the director.

THEN she sent out an email to her email list and included me on it saying she was no longer doing PC but that if they still wanted to do a party they could contact her director, Beth Brigham and that I would take good care of them.

I really think that they need to revamp how they handle this issue. I think she had potential but now she has a bad taste about the company.

Beth - what was the situation?!?!?

DebbieJ said:
Did this director ask her if she had ever been working with someone else before she signed her?

That was my exact thought on this. Her recruiter/director SHOULD have asked this question first. Maybe she wouldn't be in this position if she had.

Okay...guess I should have read to the end before commenting. Bummer they wouldn't let you make the switch. :(

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items through in-home cooking demonstrations and online sales.

2. How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through a current consultant or directly through the company's website. You will need to purchase a starter kit and attend training to get started.

3. What is a cluster in Pampered Chef?

A cluster in Pampered Chef is a group of consultants in the same area who work together to support and motivate each other in their businesses.

4. How often should I contact my potential customers?

It is recommended to contact potential customers at least once a month to keep your name and business in front of them. However, it is important to also respect their boundaries and not become too pushy with frequent communication.

5. How can I stay motivated as a consultant?

To stay motivated as a consultant, it is important to attend cluster meetings and training sessions, set achievable goals, and stay connected with other consultants for support and inspiration. It is also helpful to focus on the positive impact your business can have on others and the potential for growth and success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies