• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pushy Consultant's Insensitive Behavior Leads to Canceled Princess House Show

she would have been crushed if the cons did not want her to do the show because of her FIL situation. She was very polite when she called and told the cons she did not want to do the show because of her FIL situation. The cons was relentless(splg?) in putting the show off. She even went to the point of suggesting that if the cancer was back to get someone to sit with the FIL!
jrstephens
I have a friend that had scheduled a Princess House show for Jan 26th. The Cons was mailing the invites out this week.

Well, my friend's FIL will find out tomorrow if his cancer is back. She decided it was too much right now for her to have one with all going on in the family. She called the cons and asked if she had mailed the invites yet and she had not. She told her she wanted to put off the show and told her why. The cons was relentless(splg?) in putting the show off. She even went to the point of suggesting that if the cancer was back to get someone to sit with the FIL!

I thought that her actions were entirely RUDE! I told my friend to email her and tell her she was now canceling the show indefinitely and if she hounded her about it anymore to tell her not to contact her again.

I just cannot believe how pushy some people can be when trying to keep a show! I made a vow when I got into this business not to be pushy. I gave my bookings to God and He has always provided. If someone cancels I ask if they want to reschedule and if they say no I will ask if they want me to contact them later on and see how it goes from there. I do not continue or demand a reason.

I've heard about stories like this from some of my friends. It's crazy how insensitive some people are!

They must train Princess House consultants to be super pushy because the only one I ever met was really pushy as well. It was a couple of years ago and I was unfamilar with home shows in general. Well she played a booking game and I didn't understand it and won a booking but didn't really want it. She told me "too bad" that I had to do it and if I didn't want to do a home show then I "must" do a catalog show. It was very rude and made me not even want to ask anyone to buy anything. In fact, I submitted a very low show total.

I had a guest book a show and then admit they banned another consultant from their cul-de-sac. Apparently she kept calling one of the neighbors during a time with her MIL died and wouldn't take no for an answer! I told her it's a good thing I'm to lazy to hound everyone!

Makes you wonder how they treat their friends and family if they do this to their hosts.

Me too... bad bad bad experience with PH. Will NEVER do business with them again.

ChefMoore said:
They must train Princess House consultants to be super pushy because the only one I ever met was really pushy as well. It was a couple of years ago and I was unfamilar with home shows in general. Well she played a booking game and I didn't understand it and won a booking but didn't really want it. She told me "too bad" that I had to do it and if I didn't want to do a home show then I "must" do a catalog show. It was very rude and made me not even want to ask anyone to buy anything. In fact, I submitted a very low show total.

Wow! You are nice ~ I would have never done even a catalog show!

It's probably because they have a hard time getting bookings any other way. They have nice stuff but it's expensive and not as practical (some is okay). I just did a PH auction show and my sister is the only one that came. I have gotten only one other order. People just aren't interested! The consultant hasn't been pushy though. That's one of the reasons I decided to go PC. PC shows are the only ones I've been successful at as the host. So I knew I would have more success selling it as a consultant.

She must have problems getting them. She is driving 2.5 hours one way to do the show. Or she thought she was doing it anyway, ha! She told me friend not to worry about the stuff selling or getting bookings that she would make sure that happened just to get the people there. Um, excuse me but you cannot GUARANTEE sales and bookings! I don't like the stuff and have told my friend I do not see her having a good show of it anyway. She got a serving piece a long time ago and was wanting a few more.

My friend is can of timid and does not deal well with telling people a flat No. I told her I would call and cancel the show for her and she would not have to worry about the woman calling her again after I did, HAHA!!!:blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! You are nice ~ I would have never done even a catalog show!

I agree with you Becky!

That's just crazy Jennifer - I had a woman a few weeks call me to cancel her show - her father in law found out at Christmas time that he has a brain tumor that is actually being operated on today at Mayo Clinic. I told her don't even worry about me - just take care of your family. She felt bad because she had rescheduled on me before (I have yet to actually meet her in person - she was an outside order at a show) I said the last thing she needed to be thinking about was inviting her friends over for a party - she thanked me and said she'll call me in the spring to reschedule.

I have a really nice consultant. My mom sold PH for almost 17 years and did very well at it. I ALMOST signed with PH till I met my director and she gave me info on PC. Once I went with PC, I didn't hear from my PH consultant for a year. I had to contact her b/c I wanted to order something. That was my one beef with her. Now she sends me the new cattys when they come out.

I was a PH consultant about 20 years ago. Did really well, but then quit when my upline actually told me to "make my hosts greedy." Yuck to that.

I don't consider myself a "pushy consultant" but it makes me angry when someone gives some lame excuse to cancel a show. I had one person cancel a show in December becaue they told me they forgot. How could they forget?!?! I called, emailed, and did all the host coaching stuff you are supposed to do. Then I found out she didn't want to do a show anyway. Well, if she didn't want to do a show she should have told me upfront and not have wasted my time. I think some people think this is some sort of cute hobby that I do and don't take what I do seriously. :mad:

I hosted a PH show....once. The Consultant was a neighbor of mine, and I figured that, even tho she's a bit pushy, it'd be fun to hear someone else's "demo". I also had a fairly new Consultant who attended. Beforehand, I told her that her job was to "count" how many times bookings were mentioned during the demo.
I swear, it seemed like every other sentence! She would say things like..."at YOUR show..." and "when YOU host YOUR own show...", or, "when you book a show tonight..." YUCK!! My Consultant lost count, but said it must've been a good 50 or 60 times...in about 45 minutes!!

The thing that got me, tho, was when she was taking orders. A friend of mine was placing an order, and she asked her if she'd like to host a show. This friend has a good bit of their stuff, so she told her that, she was already planning to host a show with Longaberger in either November or December, but that she might be interested in doing one in the spring. (My show was in September.) This is what made me mad...The Consultant actually said to her..."Well, you know, if you wanted to, you could go ahead and have your PH show now, and still do a Longaberger show later on down the road!"
I was livid!! The nerve of her! It was all I could do to not ask her to leave my house right then and there!!
I apologized to my friend, and told her that, if she didn't book a show, it wouldn't bother me in the least!!

Paula

Wow. I've never heard of Princess House and I think I am very happy about that!

Now I have been warned in case I come across one of their consultants!

I've heard of PH - but it must not be very popular in my area - I've never been invited to a Party, or met a consultant with a booth at a fair.....

I'm thinking though, that PH is where Belinda Ellsworth got her start.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've heard of PH - but it must not be very popular in my area - I've never been invited to a Party, or met a consultant with a booth at a fair.....

I'm thinking though, that PH is where Belinda Ellsworth got her start.

PH seemed to be a lot more popular in the early to mid-nineties.

I could just choke my friend she emailed me last night to tell me she decide to go ahead with the show since she booked it to get some things she wanted.

She is so unlike me b/c there is no way I would give this woman sales after the way she was toward her!:grumpy: :D But I figured she would go ahead with it anyway b/c she can never make her mind up or stand up to people when she needs to. I love her to death though but so unlike me! We are definitely oopposites! HA!:D

I had a customer who hosted a show for me in Novemeber buy something from another host show. I had to call her to get her CC # and I had talked to her about her daughters bridal shower that she wanted to do. And she let me knwo that their had been some changes and her father was Ill etc.. I told her about the bridal registry and when she was ready to give me a call. I am not a pushy consultant if someone says no. I can't force them to do something that their not ready for.

jrstephens said:
I could just choke my friend she emailed me last night to tell me she decide to go ahead with the show since she booked it to get some things she wanted.

She is so unlike me b/c there is no way I would give this woman sales after the way she was toward her!:grumpy: :D But I figured she would go ahead with it anyway b/c she can never make her mind up or stand up to people when she needs to. I love her to death though but so unlike me! We are definitely oopposites! HA!:D

Well, in the end it is her decision. Hopefully it will work out for her.

jrstephens said:

Good thing I'm not attending...I'd have to bite my lip during the show when the consultant talks about bookings...I'd be tempted to say, do I HAVE to keep the date if something major happens in my family????

Or if she talks about recruiting, I would be tempted to say, "Sorry, I can't work for a company whose consultants are as pushy as you."...

Really, I wouldn't ACTUALLY do that, but I'd really have a temptation...

janetupnorth said:
Good thing I'm not attending...I'd have to bite my lip during the show when the consultant talks about bookings...I'd be tempted to say, do I HAVE to keep the date if something major happens in my family????

Or if she talks about recruiting, I would be tempted to say, "Sorry, I can't work for a company whose consultants are as pushy as you."...

Really, I wouldn't ACTUALLY do that, but I'd really have a temptation...

And I would want to make additional comments about low attendance because for some reason, family thought it was more important to be with a sick family member......:rolleyes:

Janet and Becky, I will be the same way!

Since she guaranteed my friend to get her bookings, I am anxious to see how she does that!! I know one chick that aint booking!!!

If my PC shirt still fits, I may have to wear it to the show, hahaha!!!:D

jrstephens said:
I have a friend that had scheduled a Princess House show for Jan 26th. The Cons was mailing the invites out this week.

Well, my friend's FIL will find out tomorrow if his cancer is back. She decided it was too much right now for her to have one with all going on in the family. She called the cons and asked if she had mailed the invites yet and she had not. She told her she wanted to put off the show and told her why. The cons was relentless(splg?) in putting the show off. She even went to the point of suggesting that if the cancer was back to get someone to sit with the FIL!

I thought that her actions were entirely RUDE! I told my friend to email her and tell her she was now canceling the show indefinitely and if she hounded her about it anymore to tell her not to contact her again.

I just cannot believe how pushy some people can be when trying to keep a show! I made a vow when I got into this business not to be pushy. I gave my bookings to God and He has always provided. If someone cancels I ask if they want to reschedule and if they say no I will ask if they want me to contact them later on and see how it goes from there. I do not continue or demand a reason.
Love your circle & Triangle at the bottom of your listing.
"By the Grace of God"....
chefTinkerBell

That is to bad that she has to deal with that!! i hope the show goes well for her benefit!!

I am so aggravated! My friend signed up to sale Princess House under this woman! My husband says she can be so DUMB :D

She didn't want to do PC b/c we live right next to each other and would be competing since we are in the same circles. She had been looking at other things to sale that were good I thought. She called me last night to tell me she signed up b/c it was only $25 to try it.

I did not get to go to the show b/c my brother and his family came up to my mom's and we all got together.

She was already complaining last night about the woman did not give her much info. I told her I did not know how she expected to do something when the woman was already not helping her. But if she is crazy enough to do it then that's her fault!:D

jrstephens said:
I am so aggravated! My friend signed up to sale Princess House under this woman! My husband says she can be so DUMB :D

She didn't want to do PC b/c we live right next to each other and would be competing since we are in the same circles. She had been looking at other things to sale that were good I thought. She called me last night to tell me she signed up b/c it was only $25 to try it.

I did not get to go to the show b/c my brother and his family came up to my mom's and we all got together.

She was already complaining last night about the woman did not give her much info. I told her I did not know how she expected to do something when the woman was already not helping her. But if she is crazy enough to do it then that's her fault!:D
I've never done shows "within my circle", just some family. Other than that, I've branched out and doing shows for strangers now. Wish her good luck with her new adventure. If it's only $25, she won't loose much if her business doesn't do well.

What is a "Pushy Consultant"?

A "Pushy Consultant" is a term used to describe a salesperson who uses aggressive or forceful tactics to try to sell products. This can include pressuring customers to make a purchase, using high-pressure sales techniques, or not respecting boundaries or personal space.

How do you handle pushy consultants?

At Pampered Chef, we have a strict code of conduct for our consultants and expect them to always act professionally and respectfully towards customers. If you encounter a pushy consultant, we recommend politely but firmly stating your boundaries and letting them know if you are not interested in making a purchase. You can also report any inappropriate behavior to our customer service team.

Do all consultants for Pampered Chef act pushy?

No, not all consultants for Pampered Chef act pushy. We provide training and guidelines for our consultants to ensure they conduct themselves professionally and respectfully towards customers. If you encounter a consultant who is not following these guidelines, please let us know so we can address the issue.

What should I do if I feel uncomfortable with a pushy consultant?

If you feel uncomfortable with a pushy consultant, we recommend politely but firmly stating your boundaries and letting them know if you are not interested in making a purchase. You can also report any inappropriate behavior to our customer service team. We take these matters seriously and will address any concerns promptly.

How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef without being pushy?

We value consultants who are respectful and professional towards customers. If you are interested in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef, we provide training and resources to help you learn effective sales techniques without being pushy. We also encourage our consultants to prioritize building relationships with customers and providing excellent customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rchamelin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies