• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Canceled the Show and Didn't Even Tell Me...

In summary, her friend did not want to host the show and did not tell the host until the last minute. The host is going to call her to confirm.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
HER FRIEND DID! I have a show that is supposed to be the Monday before Wave 3. I have called her and emailed her a couple times trying to get her guest list. Well, last night her friend called me to ask some questions and said "Well, since Cassie isn't going to have her show right now, I'll probably do a catalog show in August!". That was news to me, as the host hasn't said anything about canceling her party! Guess I get to call her tonight to see what she says. At least I got another show out of it!

I would definitely want to hear it from the horse's mouth!!! If it's true, then it's totally unfair to you. I'm sure you would rather know so you can rebook that date then to be led on thinking you have a show! The manners of some people....:rolleyes:

PChefPEI said:
I would definitely want to hear it from the horse's mouth!!! If it's true, then it's totally unfair to you. I'm sure you would rather know so you can rebook that date then to be led on thinking you have a show! The manners of some people....:rolleyes:

That was my thought. At least tell me that you don't want to have a show. If you are telling your friends and your friends are not smart enough to keep their mouths shut, maybe you should have called me.

I would call her and confirm. Just say XXX called me and mentioned you didn't want to hold your show, is this true? (Hopefully you'll get the answering machine, because that always sounds better to me!) HA!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

I plan on calling her tonight. I was going to do it last night but got caught up in making sure everything was in order before I leave. I'm not too worried, if she wants to cancel then she'll cancel. I have 5 shows booked for this month around my mini vacation this week and conference!

vwpamperedchef said:
I would call her and confirm. Just say XXX called me and mentioned you didn't want to hold your show, is this true? (Hopefully you'll get the answering machine, because that always sounds better to me!) HA!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

I would add "...if that is so please let me know so I can make other plans for my day. I am keeping that time free for you so I would appreciate if you let me know if the date has opened up for me."

Don't expect her to call back though. For some reason more and more people are afraid ...or just don't understand the whole courtesy thing.

Ugh - don't you just love the lack of common courtesy these days???

wadesgirl said:
HER FRIEND DID! I have a show that is supposed to be the Monday before Wave 3. I have called her and emailed her a couple times trying to get her guest list. Well, last night her friend called me to ask some questions and said "Well, since Cassie isn't going to have her show right now, I'll probably do a catalog show in August!". That was news to me, as the host hasn't said anything about canceling her party! Guess I get to call her tonight to see what she says. At least I got another show out of it!

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt...and then picked about 40 candy wrappers from the cushions of my couch after she left the show I was hosting at my home...so she littered and then backed out of her couples show- and let me find out from another source! Oh, and to make it even more interesting...she did it to me TWICE!!! (I almost bought a voodoo doll after the second time!):grumpy:

Kitchen Diva said:
Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt...and then picked about 40 candy wrappers from the cushions of my couch after she left the show I was hosting at my home...so she littered and then backed out of her couples show- and let me find out from another source! Oh, and to make it even more interesting...she did it to me TWICE!!! (I almost bought a voodoo doll after the second time!):grumpy:

I almost spit my tea out! Thanks for the laugh!

She's SAHM so I'm going to call on my afternoon break and hopefully catch her!

Kitchen Diva said:

Somehow the mental images of you & a voodoo doll are a bit scary, Kacey. LOL:D

OH, I can kinda feel your pain. My host from last Saturday never returned my calls....never got me a guest list...and lives an hour away so there was no way I'd go that far if I was uncertain. She STILL hasn't called me:grumpy:

gotta love those wimpies who cop out of saying no by being silent and AWOL. hey at least her friend tipped you off and you have a catty show now.

i think that part of this is also that many people do not see what we do as a job and therefore do not extend us professional courtesy. for example, i'm sure this person wouldn't just not show up at a doctor's appt, or not be at home for a repairman.

wouldn't it be nice if we could do like a doctor and charge them $25 if they didn't call to cancel their party??? I would love to leave that on their answering machine... Sorry but if I don't hear from you within 24 hours of your show you will be charged a $25 cancelling fee.
haha...

I had a host cancel at the end of May, swearing up and down that it was because things were really busy at work. SHE EMAILED ME that she was cancelling. I called her twice in the span of a week just trying to get her to call me back (answering machine both times, and both times I left very polite messages). I even emailed her just saying that I understood things were busy at her work, but that I wanted to see if she could at least let me know what month to aim for so that I wouldn't bother her anymore until then. She couldn't even be bothered to return my call or answer my email. THEN she had the NERVE to include me on an email inviting a group of people from her contact list to her open house for HER scrapbooking business. Um, yeah, not going to that...I was tempted, but figured I'd have trouble not telling her what I really thought of the whole situation...

admirable restraint on your part, katie. i had two of my four july shows cancel via e-mail. fortunately, both said they "could not reschedule", which is fine with me.

when i was new in the biz (early this year) i had someone from my synagogue schedule and cancel twice, then show up but not buy at a fundraiser, pleading poverty all the way.

guess what i got in the mail? an invite to a lia sophia show at her house! guess who's not going? i hope she does not have the nerve to follow up - it will be difficult to be cool and calm with her.

Don't feel bad on the scrapbooking. I had a past host whose discount was about to expire, and checked in with her politely to see if she wanted to host another PC party. Her exact answer, "Only if you hold a Beauti Control party for me." She nice and had a good show, but I think I'll be moving on. I don't do the "ONLY IF" type parties. I WILL scratch your back if you scratch mine, but out of kindness not obligation.

crissy11 said:
wouldn't it be nice if we could do like a doctor and charge them $25 if they didn't call to cancel their party??? I would love to leave that on their answering machine... Sorry but if I don't hear from you within 24 hours of your show you will be charged a $25 cancelling fee.
haha...
Love it, I'll start including that in my host packet! I do have it in my host letter stating that this is my business and helps to pay the bills for my family! I guess they don't read that part.

I have had a couple people in the past just never return any of my calls after agreeing to host a show. Crazy people. I had someone cancel on my twice and rescheduled for this past May. I told her that this was her last chance and that if she couldn't hold up her end of the obligation this time I could find a different consultant for her to work with. She had her party and it turned out great. She apologized up and down. I changed my business because of her, I now send out my invites for my hosts which is why I have a feeling this lady won't host her show, she has not given me the guest list like promised.

sklay723 said:
I had a host cancel at the end of May, swearing up and down that it was because things were really busy at work. SHE EMAILED ME that she was cancelling. I called her twice in the span of a week just trying to get her to call me back (answering machine both times, and both times I left very polite messages). I even emailed her just saying that I understood things were busy at her work, but that I wanted to see if she could at least let me know what month to aim for so that I wouldn't bother her anymore until then. She couldn't even be bothered to return my call or answer my email. THEN she had the NERVE to include me on an email inviting a group of people from her contact list to her open house for HER scrapbooking business. Um, yeah, not going to that...I was tempted, but figured I'd have trouble not telling her what I really thought of the whole situation...

Probably didn't even remember blowing you off! :rolleyes: You should have gone to her party, all dressed in PC attire with a load of catalogues in hand!! :p

crissy11 said:
haha...

LOVE IT!!!! That would be so great!! I don't have alot of people cancel their shows, I have had to reschedule some throughout the years.
There is this one hostess last summer that really wanted to have a show, talked about how great it would be. She kept calling during the day to my house and my DD or the babysitter would answer and "take a msg". I would find out when she got the answering machine that 'oh mom, she called like 2 other times this week too". The babysitter, DD and I had a nice LONG chat about that. But in the end she never called me back. I think she thought I was avoiding her. I kept leaving one msg each week but haven't heard anything about mid Sept I quit calling...

1. What happens if my host cancels the show and doesn't inform me?

If your host cancels the show without notifying you, you can still reach out to them and ask for the reason behind their cancellation. You can also offer to reschedule the show for a different date or find a new host to continue with the show.

2. Will I still receive my commission if the host cancels the show?

Unfortunately, if the host cancels the show, you will not receive any commission for that specific show. However, you can still earn commission from future shows and sales.

3. What if I already purchased products for the canceled show?

If you have already purchased products for the canceled show, you can either return them for a refund or keep them for future shows. It is always a good idea to communicate with your host and come to an agreement on how to handle the purchased products.

4. How can I prevent hosts from canceling shows without notifying me?

Communication is key! It is important to establish clear communication with your hosts and remind them of their commitment to hosting a show. Keeping in touch with your hosts and sending reminders can also help prevent last-minute cancellations.

5. Can I still earn rewards if the host cancels the show?

Unfortunately, if the host cancels the show, you will not be eligible for any rewards that were promised for that specific show. However, you can still earn rewards from future shows and sales. It is also a good idea to communicate with your host and see if they are still interested in hosting a show in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • sprinklesteen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies