• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Would She Ask Me to Cover Her $200 Pampered Chef Order?

In summary, my host from last weekend called me today and told me how she REALLY wants and needs the knife block set but she's still waiting for her tax refund. She asked me if I could order them for her and cover the $200 for her! And generously she said I could have the show shipped to me so I'd have the order. But still...she knows that's now PC works! I offered to keep her show open until Sunday in hopes she gets the refund still this week, otherwise, too bad for her.
MLinAZ
Gold Member
My host from last weekend called me today and told me how she REALLY wants and needs the knife block set but she's still waiting for her tax refund. She asked me if I could order them for her and cover the $200 for her! And generously she said I could have the show shipped to me so I'd have the order.

REALLY? Why would she think I would have an extra $200 just sitting around to cover her order?

My only explanation is that she hosted a Princess House party recently and she said that for that you don't pay until the order comes in (I don't know that for a fact, but that's what she told me). But still...she knows that's now PC works!

I offered to keep her show open until Sunday in hopes she gets the refund still this week, otherwise, too bad for her. (Did I mention that she wouldn't let me send invites, swears she invited 70 people but only 3 showed up and only 1 of them spoke English...yeah it was "one of those" shows!)

Is she a friend? Because that is the only way I could ever see anybody saying "hey, could you lend me $200?" because essentially that is what she was asking. And even then, it would have to be a really good friend to consider asking then.

NO WAY!!!!! (Yes, I believe your story, that was my answer to her)

You have to give her credit for asking ... you might have been naive enough to say yes! ;)

No, I wouldn't do it. But she's probably pushed people into doing stuff like that for her before. There are lots of "gimme" people in this world. They look at someone who has more & rather than striving to be like that person and EARN the success that the person has earned, they think that people who have more should just give it to those who don't have as much. They don't really see the differnce between "I have what I have because I worked for it and earned it" ... they see "you have it, you should share!" :(

She probably sees you as better off than her because you have your own business. She probably assumes that you have all kinds of extra money sitting in your bank account. ;)

That is NOT how Princess House works. Unless that PH Consultant is just super generous or a friend of hers. My mom sold PH for 17 years and my sister in law just recently had a party with a lady we have known for years so I know.

I wouldn't cover it. Too Risky in my opinion... Good luck!

That's whack!

my host asked....Can I buy a kit and NOT sell?

What?????

and yrs ago she was a consultant supposedly-

like I'm going to say Sure! give me a break!

nancycookspc said:
my host asked....Can I buy a kit and NOT sell?

What?????

and yrs ago she was a consultant supposedly-

like I'm going to say Sure! give me a break!

I've had that one many times!

See if she has a credit card she could put it on until her refund comes in!

Sheila said:
No, I wouldn't do it. But she's probably pushed people into doing stuff like that for her before. There are lots of "gimme" people in this world. They look at someone who has more & rather than striving to be like that person and EARN the success that the person has earned, they think that people who have more should just give it to those who don't have as much. They don't really see the difference between "I have what I have because I worked for it and earned it" ... they see "you have it, you should share!" :(

Sheila, you should run for public office! :D

Just tell her she can put it on her Credit Card then when she gets her refund she can just pay the on HER Card .

I had a host one time get mad at me too cause I wouldn't close the party till I got her check she could understand that I do 3 shows a week and don't have that kind od money to put on parties , After all this is not the first party I did for her

tiggerhale said:
Sheila, you should run for public office! :D

LOL Thanks! But it would be hard since I move all the time to follow hubby's career. ;)

I could really change the corporal punishment system and make it where people would pay the consequense the FIRST time and do what they needed to do to ensure that they never had to go back to jail again. But I wouldn't be very popular in my methods. ;)

I'd change the welfare program too. No one would get a check unless they were out picking up litter off the side of the road & earning the welfare check. Or they would be watching the children of the ones out doing the manual labor. Again, I wouldn't be very popular. LOL

Sheila said:
LOL Thanks! But it would be hard since I move all the time to follow hubby's career. ;)

I could really change the corporal punishment system and make it where people would pay the consequense the FIRST time and do what they needed to do to ensure that they never had to go back to jail again. But I wouldn't be very popular in my methods. ;)

I'd change the welfare program too. No one would get a check unless they were out picking up litter off the side of the road & earning the welfare check. Or they would be watching the children of the ones out doing the manual labor. Again, I wouldn't be very popular. LOL

Or you would be very popular. It just depends on the crowd ;)

Is she having it direct deposited? If she is, the IRS has a VERY accurate time table for determining when the deposit will be made based on when she filed...it also says when checks will be mailed...

http://www.efile.com/tax-refund/where-is-my-refund/

Oh...and YIKES! Can't believe she asked that and NO I wouldn't do it...

side note.. thanks for the refund link.. :)

Sheila said:

And take a drug test every month and quit drinking and smoking - cause you know they can afford to pay for the out of pocket! I see it all the time at WalMart. :D Sorry, you started it!

I wouldn't do it. And if her refund isn't here by tomorrow if Direct Deposited (IRS only deposits on Fridays - I know, I do taxes on the side) or by Saturday if mailed then I would submit the show on Sunday and let her know when she becomes a consultant she can earn it for Free with PC dollars and the investment in the kit is only $155. It's a win win.

NooraK said:
Or you would be very popular. It just depends on the crowd ;)

I agree, I'd vote for Sheila. I recently read something about 1 state passing (or maybe just trying to pass) a law that you have to pass a drug test to qualify for welfare and food stamps!!!!! Praise the Lord.

Sheila said:

Well, if you were president you could still travel!!!!

Sheila said:

We need a "like" button!! LOL You'd be very popular with everyone I know!!! :) :D

Shelly Flanagan said:
I wouldn't do it. And if her refund isn't here by tomorrow if Direct Deposited (IRS only deposits on Fridays - I know, I do taxes on the side) or by Saturday if mailed then I would submit the show on Sunday and let her know when she becomes a consultant she can earn it for Free with PC dollars and the investment in the kit is only $155. It's a win win.

That's what I told her at the show! :)

For the record I have NO intention of doing it. And nope, not a friend...someone I met at a booth a year ago that finally wanted to host.

Thanks for the info on the refund days! I know they tell you 8-15 days but I feel better knowing that chances are if she doesn't get it Friday, or Saturday, it won't show up Tuesday the day after we close her show LOL

MLinAZ said:
That's what I told her at the show! :)

For the record I have NO intention of doing it. And nope, not a friend...someone I met at a booth a year ago that finally wanted to host.

Thanks for the info on the refund days! I know they tell you 8-15 days but I feel better knowing that chances are if she doesn't get it Friday, or Saturday, it won't show up Tuesday the day after we close her show LOL
My son's federal tax refund was direct deposited in his account on February 3rd, which was a Thursday. If she doesn't get it on Friday, maybe there is a chance it would be in her account on Monday. If not, and you need to close the show for a February incentive, by all means, I would close it and like someone else suggested, offer the opportunity to her.

[I'd change the welfare program too. No one would get a check unless they were out picking up litter off the side of the road & earning the welfare check. Or they would be watching the children of the ones out doing the manual labor. Again, I wouldn't be very popular. LOL[/QUOTE]

YOU GOT MY VOTE!

I have had SUCH good run with shows, I'm so scared to get "one of these" shows....lol!

taterbug said:
My son's federal tax refund was direct deposited in his account on February 3rd, which was a Thursday. If she doesn't get it on Friday, maybe there is a chance it would be in her account on Monday. If not, and you need to close the show for a February incentive, by all means, I would close it and like someone else suggested, offer the opportunity to her.

Some banks will show the deposit the day before but the funds actually shouldn't be available until Friday.

I did my taxes on taxact.com & they were accepted on Monday the 14th & were deposited into my checking account today the 25th. I just wanted to let you know how fast it can be.

You can show her as booking off herself. She can host again after her refund check comes in. Even if she just does a catalog show and makes it to $300, she can still get the knives at that point for 50% off. And, if you put her in as booking off herself, she can get something off the host flyer as the current host, and something as the past host. ;)

Perhaps here isn't the place to be discussing the lifestyles of those on welfare. Not everyone on it wants to be there and your assumptions are offensive! Oddly enough not everyone can survive out here in the real world! Or did you miss the economical crisis this country has been bouncing in and out of for the past century?

My guess is someone in your family or one of your friends has at some point in their life been a recipient of welfare. They don't want to be ostracized or pointed out, they just want to live their day to day hard life without you bugging them because they aren't making it.

Oh yeah, and do a little brush up on your history to figure out exactly why the minorities are on welfare!

If your business went to crap and your husband lost his job you'd be in line for the same benefits! To have welfare you must meet certain requirements and those do not and should never include manual labor as a stipulation. Many of those receiving these benefits are disabled or have jobs which means they are paying taxes back into the system.

And while cable tv or cigarettes seem like a luxury, when you have hand me down clothes and salvation army furniture, sometimes it's nice to just sit down and relax in front of the tube.

I am a proud recipient of food stamps and medicaid. My husband works and attends college. He is currently a junior and will be teaching your children history in just 2 years. I have a successful business. And we can only go up. We don't slum it, beg or sit on our butts getting free money and we work hard to never be in this position again. Without the help we recieve, from a system I've been paying into for 8 years, we would be much hungrier and not very healthy. Yay for a system that gives without discrimination!!

Don't be so hasty! :grumpy:

TiffanyBarton said:
Perhaps here isn't the place to be discussing the lifestyles of those on welfare. Not everyone on it wants to be there and your assumptions are offensive! Oddly enough not everyone can survive out here in the real world! Or did you miss the economical crisis this country has been bouncing in and out of for the past century?

My guess is someone in your family or one of your friends has at some point in their life been a recipient of welfare. They don't want to be ostracized or pointed out, they just want to live their day to day hard life without you bugging them because they aren't making it.

Oh yeah, and do a little brush up on your history to figure out exactly why the minorities are on welfare!

If your business went to crap and your husband lost his job you'd be in line for the same benefits! To have welfare you must meet certain requirements and those do not and should never include manual labor as a stipulation. Many of those receiving these benefits are disabled or have jobs which means they are paying taxes back into the system.

And while cable tv or cigarettes seem like a luxury, when you have hand me down clothes and salvation army furniture, sometimes it's nice to just sit down and relax in front of the tube.

I am a proud recipient of food stamps and medicaid. My husband works and attends college. He is currently a junior and will be teaching your children history in just 2 years. I have a successful business. And we can only go up. We don't slum it, beg or sit on our butts getting free money and we work hard to never be in this position again. Without the help we recieve, from a system I've been paying into for 8 years, we would be much hungrier and not very healthy. Yay for a system that gives without discrimination!!

Yes but you also have to realize that you guys are probably in the minority - trust me I know a lot of people who receive assistance and a lot of them are screwing around and taking advantage of it. My dad was actually on assistance and using our local food pantry for about 2 years after our mom left us. Yes we had a house and yes we had nice things but to go from two incomes to one raising three kids he needed help. I'm an adult now and am truly grateful we had the help when he needed it. When I was single and living on my own at barely 19 I lived paycheck to paycheck but also watched what I spent so that I could afford ot live. I had a few friends who were received food stamps and stuff because they lied to the government when they applied to them. So I have been on both sides and have seen some of the people who do abuse the system and who use it the proper way.

@wadesgirl, wonderful thought out reply.

@TiffanyBarton, you (and I was) in the minority. My husband was unemployed for almost two years with no unemployment benefits. The help we got kept food on the table, but we still had to file bankruptcy and almost lost our house. The comment was not meant to offend you or any hardworking person using assistance as the helping hand it was meant to be. It was directed at the lifestylers.

I do believe that people on assistance should be required to pass drug tests, I have to pass them at my job. Able bodied unemployed people on assistance could also be required to do some sort of volunteer work. (if you are not on disability, you would be classified as able bodied) That is not unreasonable.

I work in the medical field and deal with both kinds of assistance recipients. Those who appreciate the help and those who think they should be handed everything on a silver platter. My husband and I once allowed once of his "friends" to move in with us who was on assistance to help her get her act together. She spent the time at our house doing nothing. She would dope herself up on her prescription medications and turn on "Sponge Bob" and expect that to babysit her then 4 year-old son. (Fact - 60% of all drug addicts are addicted to prescription drugs, they are easier to get and they can fool themselves that they are not an addict, they have a medical "condition") The final straw was when she took her son with her while she helped her boyfriend walk away from jail. When I insisted that she go, she tried to tell me that I was putting her out on the street.

In the years since then, she gets evicted from her residence every 6 months due to failure to pay rent, her drug problem has gotten worse, and her parents testified for her ex-husband in his fight to gain custody of their son. She used to come to my work and try to make trouble for me, the problem was that I had told them about our past and why I would always ask someone else to help her, I would not. I knew she would make a comment to try to provoke a comment that could get me fired. Her complaints that I was "unprofessional" because I refused to wait on her and got someone else to help her fell on deaf ears with my bosses. She is a prime example of a lifestyler. She has a college degree but for whatever reason believes she is "entitled" to do nothing and not contribute.

TiffanyBarton said:

I will honestly tell you that we make below the income level to qualify, but we don't receive Food Stamps b/c or other benefits b/c we have retirement money that we aren't willing to pull out. In 2008 we went from making $75,000 a year to making $20,000 a year, oh yeah, and we are a family of 5. DH is self-employeed and by the time he went looking for a job to make it through winter they were all gone. No income, no food stamps. He took a job cleaning Port-A-Potties. When I started with PC my husband was cleaning other people's shit!!!! We don't have cable and veg in front of the TV. We work our tails off. My husband works 12 hr days. I homeschool our 3 boys, and then we pinch hit and I do my PC shows to make ends meet. Our income for 2010 will probably end up at about $25,000 (haven't done our taxes yet). I feed my family of 5 on 50-60 dollars a week!!!!! Way less than food stamps pay out.
Don't get all high and mighty on me. If you can afford cable, you can afford to buy your own dinner. I agree that not everyone is living off the system, but if you are smoking and watching cable, then you ARE living off the system. Those things aren't necessities, and I am not going to feel guilty for one second for generalizing here.

wadesgirl said:
And take a drug test every month and quit drinking and smoking - cause you know they can afford to pay for the out of pocket! I see it all the time at WalMart. :D Sorry, you started it!

They have a GREAT health care coverage, so they can do it....unlike most people who do work. Somethings I will never understand. I am voting for Sheila :sing:

lesliec said:
we don't receive Food Stamps b/c or other benefits b/c we have retirement money that we aren't willing to pull out... We don't have cable and veg in front of the TV. We work our tails off. Don't get all high and mighty on me. If you can afford cable, you can afford to buy your own dinner. I agree that not everyone is living off the system, but if you are smoking and watching cable, then you ARE living off the system. Those things aren't necessities, and I am not going to feel guilty for one second for generalizing here.

That's not really the point. The point is harping on people who use assistance in a Pampered Chef Arena doesn't make a ton of sense and is offensive!

I'm sorry you don't get the benefits, it's your choice. And I don't agree with smoking but we all have something don't we? You CAN'T generalize!! Every person's situation is different and relevant. I'm not saying that no one abuses the system but I am saying that finding some of those things as abuse is ridiculous!!

Since you don't veg in front of the tv what do you do? Work work work then lay down in bed. Homeschool, cook, clean and then go to bed. You do something for entertainment, everyone does! And no one should tell you you can't. Most people can receive basic cable for around $14 a month. Less than the cost of a dvd or a few movie rentals. Shall we tell the world that because they are low income and receiving assistance that they should not have a media outlet at all? Blech! Get over yourself.

TiffanyBarton said:
That's not really the point. The point is harping on people who use assistance in a Pampered Chef Arena doesn't make a ton of sense and is offensive!

I'm sorry you don't get the benefits, it's your choice. And I don't agree with smoking but we all have something don't we? You CAN'T generalize!! Every person's situation is different and relevant. I'm not saying that no one abuses the system but I am saying that finding some of those things as abuse is ridiculous!!

Since you don't veg in front of the tv what do you do? Work work work then lay down in bed. Homeschool, cook, clean and then go to bed. You do something for entertainment, everyone does! And no one should tell you you can't. Most people can receive basic cable for around $14 a month. Less than the cost of a dvd or a few movie rentals. Shall we tell the world that because they are low income and receiving assistance that they should not have a media outlet at all? Blech! Get over yourself.
I'm absolutely not offended by people "harping" on others who abuse public assistance. Nope, not at all. Maybe if more people spent less time being offended, there would be less people on it and abusing it.

"Get over yourself"?

Are you kidding me? You are telling this to folks who actually have a job and are doing the right thing by their families?

I am offended by your take on this. Seriously offended.

TiffanyBarton said:

Beans and Rice baby!!!!! There are children in Africa living on way less than the $14 a month you claim to spend on cable. I worked full time to support myself while going to school full time. You live off the government. That's your choice I guess.
Yes, we have entertainment. We have internet for $20/month, but we need that for our businesses too. We occasionally watch something on CBS.com, but our cheap internet is usually too slow for that. We don't go out to eat, we don't rent movies, we don't buy movies or CD's. We listen to the radio, and occasionally check out a DVD from the Library for the kids. We go to story time, we read books, and we go outside and do things as a family. Often my children will go a week without watching anything.
Honestly if you spent less time being offended and watching tv, and more time calling customers and working your business, you may not have to be on food stamps and Medicare, but don't get me started on Lazy Americans.
And you're absolutely right, it is my choice not to take the money we have saved up for emergencies and blow it just so that we can receive government assistance. I would rather teach my children a good work ethic than how to be lazy and live off of the government that will probably implode on itself anyways and not be there to financially support them in a few years.
I am not in anyway against government assistance. There is a time and a place. I think the programs were set up to help honest working people to help honest working people in times of need. They are now used and promoted by dishonest and lazy people as a lifestyle. Yes, my sister lived off the government for years as a single mother. She thought it was her right to get to be a stay at home mom and she worked the system. She was laid off a couple of years ago and thought it was such a blessing to get to be a stay at home mom and live off of unemployment. NO!!!!! I don't agree with it. There are honest people that deserve these programs, and I am not trying to offend those people, but I don't think those would be the ones offended. I honestly think the standards are way too high for it, and I don't think people should be able to live off of it long term. And disabled people can volunteer too. I have a friend whose husband is disabled, but he is always up doing things at their church, driving people to dr's apts and helping out any way that you can. Being disabled doesn't mean that all you can do is sit in front of the couch and watch tv.
Do you realize that a family of 5 will receive WIC benefits if they make less than $45,000. We got it for a while when we were first in a financial crunch, and do still qualify for that, but we don't need it. We spend our time working hard and earning a living not so we can have more stuff, but so that we can live debt free and give our children the best life they can have, by teaching them how to work for $1.
Sorry, I tend to get a little heated and piss people off, but LAZY is one thing I am not and is one thing that I will never excuse you for being. It's your choice, and a choice you have to live with.
I hope I have offended you enough to GO GET A JOB!!!!!!

Oh, and as far as your comment about hand me down clothes and salvation army furniture.....
The only thing we buy new is underwear and socks. The financial crunch has grown our character. We have learned to grow our own food, raise our own chickens for eggs (and sometimes meat). Your husband will never teach my children your liberal propaganda, but my children will be the ones with full bellies who know how to sustain their lives when we go through our next great depression.

lesliec said:
You live off the government. That's your choice I guess.

I hope I have offended you enough to GO GET A JOB!!!!!!

I have a job. Thanks. I've just started with the Pampered Chef, successfully, to alleviate some of the stress for my husband. My husband, as was previously stated, is also employed. We are both college students who work our buns off to survive as well. We too, grow what we can in a postage stamp backyard, we save and scrimp and we were blessed to have found a home with all of our utilities and dish/internet included. We live in a very large and expensive city, we pay more than is reasonable for our home but we do that to provide our child with a safe environment to live in. We work hard, and manage to watch tv now and then.

We don't live off the government, we accepted an assist while we make our lives better, while we go to college so that we never have to be on assistance again and so that we can teach our child to not be like our parents, to not live in poverty. Precisely what the program was created for.

We have jobs, we don't do drugs, we watch tv and we don't abuse anything. Again, we are blessed to have this help when we need it most. It's not a perfect system but it can be a saver.

I am finished with the conversation and the personal attacks. Have a lovely week. :)

So, anyways, to the original poster....What happened???? I'm sure you didn't pay for the knives, but did she get her refund and get them herself...throw a fit when you told her no?

JennLizFran said:
So, anyways, to the original poster....What happened???? I'm sure you didn't pay for the knives, but did she get her refund and get them herself...throw a fit when you told her no?

Nope, didn't pay for the knives. But she did :) And she's still considering the business. Hoping I can reel her in with the new 50% Rebate promotion.

MLinAZ, I'm glad it worked out for you!In reading the post, I thought of a quote at a U2 concert years ago: "All generalizations are bad, including this one."

TiffanyBarton said:
I have a job. Thanks. I've just started with the Pampered Chef, successfully, to alleviate some of the stress for my husband. My husband, as was previously stated, is also employed. We are both college students who work our buns off to survive as well. We too, grow what we can in a postage stamp backyard, we save and scrimp and we were blessed to have found a home with all of our utilities and dish/internet included. We live in a very large and expensive city, we pay more than is reasonable for our home but we do that to provide our child with a safe environment to live in. We work hard, and manage to watch tv now and then.

We don't live off the government, we accepted an assist while we make our lives better, while we go to college so that we never have to be on assistance again and so that we can teach our child to not be like our parents, to not live in poverty. Precisely what the program was created for.

We have jobs, we don't do drugs, we watch tv and we don't abuse anything. Again, we are blessed to have this help when we need it most. It's not a perfect system but it can be a saver.

I am finished with the conversation and the personal attacks. Have a lovely week. :)

Please don't take this as a personal attack..because that is not what it is meant to be. Besides the smoking..You are the type of people that I don't mind being on assistance..but honestly..you are NOT among the majority on assistance. You should come here to where I live..and see all of the people having more babies just to get more money. When I was a kid my parents raised 5 kids..with no assistance..it was tough at times..but I can honestly saying I don't ever remember feeling deprived of anything..because they made due..and if we wanted to do something special then they would scrape places so that we could save up for things. We had a small camper so that our family could go camping as family vacations..and we spent most of the summer in the camper because of my dad's work schedule he had a lot of days off at one time and we could do that. And I believe that it is because of that scraper that I keep telling my fiance that we can make it..even though his child support was just raised $200 a month..and he doesn't pay support because he was out sleeping around either..it is with his exwife who decided that after 5 years of marriage she wanted to be sleeping with their son's god father rather than her husband. So now he has to give her more than half of pay a month. Thank GOD that he rents from his Aunt and Uncle and they can keep the price down.

You received personal attacks on here because you made yourself a target when you became offended..no one was trying to offend you. I believe that assistance is needed in our society..but I believe that it needs to be regulated better so that it is being used by people..LIKE YOURSELF..who NEED IT..and yes I am sorry but I feel that you should have to submit to drug tests..there are a lot of things that us hardworking honest people get "screwed" because of dishonest crooked people.

Sorry I have been reading this for a few days and just needed to say my peace.

And Congrats that you and your husband are going to school and trying to make a better life for your kids.

WOW! See, as I said, I wouldn't be very popular if I was running for office. LOL

Sheila said:
WOW! See, as I said, I wouldn't be very popular if I was running for office. LOL

I'd still vote for you Sheila!!!

Sheila said:

I'm still voting for you, too.

chefheidi2003 said:
Please don't take this as a personal attack..because that is not what it is meant to be. Besides the smoking..You are the type of people that I don't mind being on assistance..but honestly..you are NOT among the majority on assistance. You should come here to where I live..and see all of the people having more babies just to get more money. When I was a kid my parents raised 5 kids..with no assistance..it was tough at times..but I can honestly saying I don't ever remember feeling deprived of anything..because they made due..and if we wanted to do something special then they would scrape places so that we could save up for things. We had a small camper so that our family could go camping as family vacations..and we spent most of the summer in the camper because of my dad's work schedule he had a lot of days off at one time and we could do that. And I believe that it is because of that scraper that I keep telling my fiance that we can make it..even though his child support was just raised $200 a month..and he doesn't pay support because he was out sleeping around either..it is with his exwife who decided that after 5 years of marriage she wanted to be sleeping with their son's god father rather than her husband. So now he has to give her more than half of pay a month. Thank GOD that he rents from his Aunt and Uncle and they can keep the price down.

You received personal attacks on here because you made yourself a target when you became offended..no one was trying to offend you. I believe that assistance is needed in our society..but I believe that it needs to be regulated better so that it is being used by people..LIKE YOURSELF..who NEED IT..and yes I am sorry but I feel that you should have to submit to drug tests..there are a lot of things that us hardworking honest people get "screwed" because of dishonest crooked people.

Sorry I have been reading this for a few days and just needed to say my peace.

And Congrats that you and your husband are going to school and trying to make a better life for your kids.

Very Well said Heidi. I agree that she made herself a target by being offended and grouping herself into those that were being discussed as "those that needed to be drug tested".

Sheila, you've totally got my vote! Tiffany, boy do I know where you're coming from.... having a family member going to school while you're trying to raise a child isn't easy. It's not supposed to be.Nothing worth having comes easy :) We did the same thing, I worked my butt off to pay the bills while my husband fnished his engineering degree. We both worked, I had two jobs and he worked at the school. I was fortunate that I found a job flexible enough I rarely had to hire a babysitter, because when you're making min. wage, a lot of times it costs more to work than not. We received food stamps to get by, but we were never PROUD of it.... we were embarrassed, and I think that's the way it should be. We couldn't take care of ourselves. And then when we did get the foodstamps, we got five hundred bucks a month.... 500!!!!! For two people!!!! Insane! And the stupid way the system is set up, we're not supposed to donate any of it to others in need-- they expect us to use all of that on ourself??? No wonder you see lifestylers livin it up on steaks and caviar... not that we didnt indulge once in a while, cuz the food was our only pleasure in life. We gave what we didn't need to my grandparents who were on a fixed income. And I felt good about it. Anyway, we made it. My husband graduated with honors, we had a second child, and are now living assistance free, a year later, digging ourselves out of our debt one day at a time and Im proud of what we did together. I am fortunate enough that I can be a stay at home mom now. And we STILL qualify for WIC.... what the hell????? We don't use it, but jeez-oh-man, how rough do those legislators who make a gazillion bucks think we have it on 40 grand a year????? Sorry about my rant on an unrelated post, but this whole thing just kills me.... we used it, for what I would call the RIGHT reasons, and meanwhile, my mother in law keeps driving 7 hours to visit us, whilst chain smoking her name brand smokes, to come buy us fancy cuts of meat and papa murphy's on her bridge card. And she lives in her mom's basement, rent free. My husband's taxes are supporting her. UGH!!!!!Maybe I should ask why she doesn't try PC to make a living? ;)

1. "Why would she think I would have an extra $200 just sitting around to cover her order?"

It is possible that your host may not be fully aware of how Pampered Chef parties work. She may have hosted a party with another direct sales company that allows for delayed payment, and assumed that was the case with Pampered Chef as well. It is also possible that she is facing financial difficulties and is hoping for your help. Regardless, it is important to communicate clearly with her about the payment process and any expectations she may have.

2. "My only explanation is that she hosted a Princess House party recently and she said that for that you don't pay until the order comes in. But still...she knows that's not how PC works!"

You are correct in that Pampered Chef operates on a different payment system than Princess House. It is important to gently remind your host of this and explain the payment process to her. If she is not able to pay for her order at this time, you can offer to keep her show open until she is able to do so.

3. "I offered to keep her show open until Sunday in hopes she gets the refund still this week, otherwise, too bad for her."

It is kind of you to offer to keep her show open until Sunday, however, it is ultimately up to your host to pay for her order. If she is not able to do so, you can offer to hold another party for her in the future when she is in a better financial situation.

4. "Did I mention that she wouldn't let me send invites, swears she invited 70 people but only 3 showed up and only 1 of them spoke English...yeah it was 'one of those' shows!"

Unfortunately, not all parties will be successful, and it sounds like this one was particularly challenging. It is important to have clear communication with your host about the expectations for the party and any assistance you may need from her, such as sending out invitations. You may also consider offering to help her with future parties to ensure they are more successful.

5. "My host from last weekend called me today and told me how she REALLY wants and needs the knife block set but she's still waiting for her tax refund. She asked me if I could order them for her and cover the $200 for her! And generously she said I could have the show shipped to me so I'd have the order. REALLY?"

It is understandable that you may feel frustrated or taken advantage of by your host's request. However, it is important to remember that everyone's financial situation is different and she may genuinely need help at this time. It is up to you to decide if you are able to assist her or not, but it is important to communicate clearly and kindly with her about any boundaries or limitations you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies