• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin-Maple Cream Trifle Recipe

that's weird. I've never had that problem before.I don't think so - I've made this trifle many times and it always tastes great.
annew
just wondering if anyone has the pumpkin-maple cream trifle typed up or scanned???

tia!
Anne

Pumpkin Maple Cream TrifleMaple Walnuts (optional, see Chef's Corner)1 box (14.4 oz/400 g) whole graham crackers (5x2 in./13x5 cm)1/2 cup (125 mL) plus 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup (do not use maple-flavored pancake syrup), divided1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling1/2 cup (125 mL) milk1 can (15oz) solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) (1 3/4 cups / 425 mL)2 tsp (10mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend1 container (12 ox / 1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, dividedAdditional Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend1) Soak graham crackers in syrup mixture. Prepare Maple Walnuts, if desired; set aside. Coarsely break graham crackers into Stainless (6-qt/6 L) Mixing Bowl. Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the maple syrup in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until hot. Pour hot syrup over crackers; toss to coat and set aside.2) Prepare pumpkin filling. For pumpkin filling, combine pudding mix and milk in Stainless (4-qt / 4L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Add pumpkin and spice blend to pudding mixture; whisk well. Fold 2 cups (500 mL) of the whipped topping into pudding mixture; set aside.3) Prepare maple cream. For maple cream, combine remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup and remaining whipped toppping in Stainless (2-qt / 2L) Mixing Bowl; fold gently. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the maple cream and set aside for garnish.4) Assemble trifle. To assemble trifle, place one-third of the graham cracker mixture over bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with half of the pumpkin filling, spreading to edges. Top with another third of the graham cracker mixture. Top with remaining maple cream, spreading to edges. Top with remaining graham cracker mixture and pumpkin filling. Top with remaining graham cracker mixture and pumpkin filling. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with Maple Walnuts, if desired, and pipe with reserved maple cream. Sprinkle with additional spice blend, if desired.****Chef's Corner
Soaking the graham crackers with hot maple syrup will soften the crackers to a cake-like consistency.To make Maple Walnuts, combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup in (10 in / 24 cm) Saute Pan. Stir over medium heat intil butter is melted. Add 1 cup (250 mL) walnut halves and cook, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until walnuts are evenly browned. Spread walnuts in a single layer on Parchment Paper; cool completely.Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend.U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 1/2 cup / 125 mL): Calories 180, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 2 gU.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit; 1 fat (2 carb)

Thanks Christy!!!

Thank you! I have been meaning to type this up for 2 weeks now and never got around to it. I appreciate it!

Sounds really good, but I would have to use pecans instead of walnuts, I hate walnuts!!!

I actually made it with pecans at my show last week and it was YUMMY! (hadn't even tried it with walnuts yet.....and don't think I will!)

Christy,
When you made this at your show, did it still taste pretty good even though it didn't go in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours? I am making it at a show on Saturday and I will be trying it out this week... Any tips?
~Kimberlee

Yes--it was still very good! Making one to take to the teacher's lounge tomorrow, and I'll actually make it tonight, so it will sit. Will be interesting to compare.
Tip--Make sure your host takes the Cool Whip out of the FREEZER! LOL!

I was in the store the other day and they have a seasonal Pumpkin Spice jello pudding flavor. Any opinions on if that would be good in this trifle instead of the cheesecake flavor? I'm going to make this for our Halloween party this weekend so I may try it!

Careyann said:
I was in the store the other day and they have a seasonal Pumpkin Spice jello pudding flavor. Any opinions on if that would be good in this trifle instead of the cheesecake flavor? I'm going to make this for our Halloween party this weekend so I may try it!

I bought some pkgs of the Pumpkin Spice instant pudding and made it for DH. It was absolutely awful. Can't put my finger on it - but it had a funny taste. We ended up dumping it. Never thought I would actually ever throw pudding away -haha.

My opinion: the trifle might have too much pumpkin if you used the pumpkin pudding instead of the cheesecake flavor pudding.

Really? I made some too and didn't think it was too bad. I wonder if when it is mixed with cool whip if that would temper the taste a bit? I have cheesecake pudding at home too so I could use that for the party.

Woohoo! thanks for sharing this recipe! I have been wanting to make it!

Okay, I have made this twice now and each time, I have folded in 2 cups of Cool Whip with the pumpkin filling. Then taking the rest of the Cool Whip, I have added the syrup ~ you are then supposed to leave 2/3 cup for the EAD and put the rest of it as a layer. I don't have enough for the layer and the stuff going into the EAD is so runny it won't hold the shape. What am I doing wrong here? My host wants this for Friday! Help!

I've been toying with the idea of using Date-Nut Bread or Gingerbread in a trifle with the Pumpkin Cream. Any suggestions? Warnings?

thehaleykitchen said:
Okay, I have made this twice now and each time, I have folded in 2 cups of Cool Whip with the pumpkin filling. Then taking the rest of the Cool Whip, I have added the syrup ~ you are then supposed to leave 2/3 cup for the EAD and put the rest of it as a layer. I don't have enough for the layer and the stuff going into the EAD is so runny it won't hold the shape.

What am I doing wrong here? My host wants this for Friday!

Help!

I can't find a 12 oz size, so I get 2 8 oz containers (I hate ounces, it makes no sense, cause it's weight, 8 oz is more than a cup.

I used 2 cups to fold in, then probably 2 more cups to add to the syrup. It seems like a good amount to me....
BUT mixing the syrup in makes it really runny. I mix it first, and put the filled EAD in the freezer to get it to harden up a little.

This has been a real hit whenever I make it. Of course, I would be happy just eating the glazed walnuts.

I just made this at a show on Monday night. However; I didn't use the graham crackers- I made pumpkin muffins instead and it came out much better. I used the cheesecake pudding and I added the maple syrup to the whipped cream after I filled the EAD so I didn't have the problem with it running out.

I think that with the pumpkin muffins that added some extra flavor so people weren't really missing anything.

Jess, I like the way you did it with the whipped cream, putting it in the EAD first... Also I think that makes the part that is in the trifle more flavorful. I like the graham crackers, but I have always loved them...and I don't usually like trifle but I like this because of the texture of the graham crackers. Maybe that means my guests that like trifle usually will prefer something like pumpkin muffins or cake.

I'm planning on making this with pumpkin bread, but of course, we're big on pumpkin bread around here :D

Am I understanding this...this will make soggy graham crackers? Every time I've read this recipe it doesn't make sense. But must be it works -- and it is on my agenda to make this. ..so am I understanding this right? (Guess it is getting way past my bedtime lol):confused:

Made up my own version using gingersnaps, pumpkin, cool whip, french vanilla pudding and pound cake -- delicious... then we had left over pumpkin...so I made Pumpkin Martini's that Sales Managr Cora Fisher's shared -- OMG ! and sold two sets of Martini Glasses. Delicious.

Pumpkin pie martinis
¼ cup pure pumpkin puree (4 small scoops)

3 oz vanilla simple syrup

1 oz vodka

½ oz dark rum

2 oz half and half

Pinch of Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend

Place all ingredients into Martini Shaker. Add ice and shake to blend and chill. Strain into glasses. Makes 3 full-size servings.

Serving Suggestion: Dip rim of martini glass in simple syrup then roll in crushed graham cracker crumbs or one of our sprinkles. Top drink with dollop of whipped cream.

Vanilla Simple Syrup: Place 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until sugar dissolves. Cool completely. Add ½ tsp Double Strength Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract.

Note: If you have a crowd, multiply the ingredients and mix these martinis up in the Quick Stir Pitcher.

Hey! So my aunt and I came up w/ a super amazing pumpkin trifle for her show last week!!!

We baked a spice cake and cut into cubes!

Then pumpkin layer -
1 can pumpkin pie filling
1 small box of Cheesecake Pudding
1/4 cup of brown sugar (it kind of needed something to balance the pumpkin...but I thought it was a little sweet so I would add some, taste and add more if you want....)

White layer-
2 small boxes Cheesecake pudding
1 small tub of Cool Whip

man oh man, it was so delicious!
super yummy and super easy!!!!!!

Try it! You won't be dissapointed!!!!!

~Abigail

I just made this tonight... I'll let you know how it is tomorrow! Thanks for posting it!

1. How do I make the pumpkin-maple cream for this trifle recipe?

To make the pumpkin-maple cream, you will need to mix together softened cream cheese, canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup until smooth. This will serve as the filling for your trifle layers.

2. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin in this recipe instead of canned pumpkin puree. Simply cook and puree the pumpkin before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.

3. Can I make this trifle recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this trifle can be made ahead of time. We recommend assembling the layers and refrigerating for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. It can also be made a day in advance, just be sure to cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

4. What can I use as a substitute for maple syrup?

If you don't have maple syrup on hand, you can use honey or agave nectar as a substitute. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, but it will still be delicious!

5. How long will this pumpkin-maple cream trifle last in the refrigerator?

This trifle will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. After that, the layers may start to become soggy. We recommend enjoying it within a day or two for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
Replies