• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling for Maple Pumpkin Trifle?

In summary, you can use any type of canned pumpkin pie filling for the Maple Pumpkin Trifle, but the flavor and consistency may vary. No adjustments are needed when using canned filling instead of fresh pumpkin. You can also use pumpkin pie filling with added spices, but it may alter the flavor. Canned sweet potato puree can be substituted for the pumpkin pie filling, but the flavor and consistency may be slightly different. The Maple Pumpkin Trifle can be made ahead of time, but it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving for optimal freshness and flavor.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
So this is going to be one of those "DUH" questions but I'm going to ask! The new Maple Pumpkin Trifle in the Simply Sweet Cookbook says to use a can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling). I ran across a can of pumpkin in my kitchen from last year. It has the pumpkin pie filling recipe on the side. Is this the can I want to use or is there something different? I've only made pumpkin pie once before so this is something I have no clue about!

The can should say either "pure pumpkin" or "pumpkin pie filling." It sounds as though you should use the first and not the filling.

Great it says 100% pure pumpkin!!

1. Can I use any type of canned pumpkin pie filling for the Maple Pumpkin Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of canned pumpkin pie filling for the Maple Pumpkin Trifle. However, keep in mind that the flavor and consistency may vary depending on the brand and type of filling you use.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments if I use canned pumpkin pie filling instead of fresh pumpkin?

No, you do not need to make any adjustments if you use canned pumpkin pie filling instead of fresh pumpkin. The canned filling is already cooked and has the same consistency as fresh pumpkin.

3. Can I use pumpkin pie filling with added spices for the Maple Pumpkin Trifle?

Yes, you can use pumpkin pie filling with added spices for the Maple Pumpkin Trifle. However, keep in mind that the added spices may alter the flavor of the trifle.

4. Can I substitute canned sweet potato puree for the pumpkin pie filling in the Maple Pumpkin Trifle?

Yes, you can substitute canned sweet potato puree for the pumpkin pie filling in the Maple Pumpkin Trifle. The flavor and consistency may be slightly different, but it will still work well in the recipe.

5. Can I make the Maple Pumpkin Trifle ahead of time using canned pumpkin pie filling?

Yes, you can make the Maple Pumpkin Trifle ahead of time using canned pumpkin pie filling. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving to ensure the layers stay fresh and the flavors have time to meld together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • KayPT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
spmm125