• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert to Take to Thanksgiving

In summary, the person is asking for suggestions for a dessert to bring to Thanksgiving. They mention that they are boring and want something traditional. They mention that they are making Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie. They mention that they will get video of DH making Pecan Pie with a 4 yr old helper. They mention that one year they bought DH the store brand corn syrup and he freaked out because he didn't have his recipe. They mention that they have the Trifle Bowl and that trifles are nice because they feed a lot and are easy to put together. They mention that Janet's PB Cup trifle and the Black Forest are both good. They mention that the Pecan Pie is easier to throw together. They
babywings76
Gold Member
I told my mom and sister that I would bring a dessert to Thanksgiving. My sister is already making pumpkin and apple pies, so we thought I should bring a dessert that is different than those flavors. Being the indecisive person I am, I thought I'd ask you guys! :)Maybe chocolate? Mint? What would you suggest? Maybe Janet's PB cup trifle? Black Forest Trifle? A dessert from the new Holiday Cookbook?

The chocolate mint torte is delish!

I am making a Cheesecake in our pan with Cherry topping. I am also making a sprinkle dip that someone posted last week and serving them with apple slices and pretzles.

1 pkg cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
2-3 T Caramel Sprinkles

i am making a pumpkin spice cake with caramel frosting. i found the recipe in the paper. i think it has a little more longevity than pie.

LOL - I'm so boring when it comes to dessert for Thanksgiving. I like mine traditional!

I am making Pumpkin Pie, and DH is teaching DS his secret recipe for Pecan Pie - for as long as I've know him, he has made Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving.

I'm going to get video of him making it with a 4 yr old helper - this should be fun!:D

Oh - and his secret recipe? Um, yeah, it's the recipe off the back of the Karo Syrup bottle!:D

One year I bought him the store brand corn syrup, and he about freaked - because he didn't have his recipe!
rofl.gif

What's he going to do if Karo decides to change the recipe they use on the back of their bottles?:eek:

Since you mention the trifles, I assume you have the Trifle Bowl. Trifles are so nice since they feed so many! And they are pretty easy to put together.

Janet's PB Cup trifle and the Black Forest are both really good. I would have to say that they PB one is a little easier to throw together.

But my all time favorite dessert is the Profiteroles. I love them since I can make them ahead and freeze them. (You will want to freeze them even if you are only making them the night before since they will get soggy in the fridge).

Make them, fill them and freeze them. You then have them "on-hand". Just take them out of the freeezer 1/2 hour before you need them and they thaw to the right temp in that time.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I'm so boring when it comes to dessert for Thanksgiving. I like mine traditional!

I am making Pumpkin Pie, and DH is teaching DS his secret recipe for Pecan Pie - for as long as I've know him, he has made Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving.

I'm going to get video of him making it with a 4 yr old helper - this should be fun!:D

Oh - and his secret recipe? Um, yeah, it's the recipe off the back of the Karo Syrup bottle!:D

One year I bought him the store brand corn syrup, and he about freaked - because he didn't have his recipe!
rofl.gif

What's he going to do if Karo decides to change the recipe they use on the back of their bottles?:eek:

I have been dying to try making a Pecan Pie sometime. But I can never decide on a recipe. Thanks for the tip: I will have to try the Karo one. Don't laugh at me, but how do you store the pie? In the fridge or room temp?

Oh, and does he use light or dark corn syrup?? Not sure if that matters in this instance.
Thanks!

kam said:
I have been dying to try making a Pecan Pie sometime. But I can never decide on a recipe. Thanks for the tip: I will have to try the Karo one. Don't laugh at me, but how do you store the pie? In the fridge or room temp?

Oh, and does he use light or dark corn syrup?? Not sure if that matters in this instance.
Thanks!

Light corn syrup - the recipe is on the back of the bottle!;)

Store the pie? We never have any left to store it!:D (if we did - we'd store it at room temp, though.)

ChefBeckyD said:
Light corn syrup - the recipe is on the back of the bottle!;)

Store the pie? We never have any left to store it!:D (if we did - we'd store it at room temp, though.)

THANK YOU! I really think I'll finally give the Pecan Pie a shot!

vwpamperedchef said:
The chocolate mint torte is delish!

Do you have the recipe? Or where can I find it?

kam said:
THANK YOU! I really think I'll finally give the Pecan Pie a shot!

LOL - it should be a breeze for you! If my DH can do it, then someone who actually cooks should be able to do it no problem!:D

I like Cranberry Apple Cookie Cobbler as a different holiday dessert (it's good for Christmas, too).Let me check my 'puter to see if I have it electronically. If not, I'll type it out for you.

Apple Cranberry Cookie CobblerAPPLE CRANBERRY COOKIE COBBLER

1 16oz can whole cranberry sauce
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored
and sliced
1 18oz package refrigerated sugar
cookie dough

Place the cookie dough in the freezer for easier slicing. Heat the oven to 400˚F. Combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in the Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well using the Mix ‘N Scraper®. Peel, core and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut the apples in half using the Utility Knife. Add to the Batter Bowl, tossing to mix. Spread evenly in the Rectangular Baker. Slice the cookie dough into ¼-inch thick slices using the Crinkle Cutter. Arrange evenly over the cranberry mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.

Makes 10 servings with 226 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving.

note: you can make this in the DCB or the Rectangular Baker.

Here is what I am making for my family:Cherry Cheesecake2 Chocolate cream piesChocolate pecan pie (make the pecan pie add chocolate chips to the base of the crust and poor batter over the top)Peach berry cobler (it's our quick apple crisp w/ peach's & berry's )Key Lime tartI may make the tiram. Trifle, but I haven't decided yet.We are having 40 people so we need lots of dessert.

Here's my dessert list:

Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie ala easy

Choc chip Cookie dough Cheesecake

Janet's PB Trifle

I usually do the Profiterole's but decided to change it up this year. I'm making all of the desserts tomorrow. We're not having 40 people I just love to make and eat dessert!! We are having about 20 people.

1. What is the most popular dessert to bring to Thanksgiving?

The most popular dessert to bring to Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie. It is a classic Thanksgiving dessert that is loved by many and is easy to transport.

2. Can I make the dessert ahead of time?

Yes, many desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until Thanksgiving. This can save you time and stress on the day of the holiday.

3. What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of dessert recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions and allergies. You can also try substituting ingredients to fit your needs or bring a store-bought alternative.

4. How do I transport my dessert?

Transporting desserts can be tricky, but there are a few ways to ensure your dessert arrives safely. You can use a sturdy cake carrier, wrap the dessert in foil or plastic wrap, or place it in a box with packing materials to keep it from sliding around.

5. Can I bring a dessert that needs to be served warm?

Yes, you can bring a dessert that needs to be served warm. Just make sure to plan ahead and bring a portable heating element or ask the host if you can use their oven or microwave to warm up the dessert before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies