• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Roll Trifle......my Creation for a Show....yummo!!

So, you're asking for the recipe for the Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring from Simple & Delicious magazine. Sorry, I don't have that one.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I was talking with a past hostess and we were trying to come up with a trifle that was "different" than the normal ones and I said to her, well I'd love to make a Pumpkin Roll one, but my pumpkin roll filling it WAY to thick. She said, well my filling isn't, it's really light.

So I made my pumpkin roll cake, in the large Bar Pan of course, used her filling and some caramel and pecans and it was a hit, not a scrap let, I barely got a taste.

Everyone said I should submit the recipe somewhere and have it published.

I wish I would have gotten a picture, guess I'll have to make another one.

Lisa

Okay Lisa - don't be a tease!

That sounds WAY to good to not share the recipe!

Is it the pumpkin roll recipe that is on the Libby's can? I have been wanting to make that.

Really....I love pumpkin roll! Do tell the recipe!

yes, tell the recipe please!
My mom makes a pumkin roll that is to die for!

Please share the recipe. It sounds so good!

Here's the recipe, sorrySorry guys, have been busy and forgot I didn't post recipe. I'm making this for the holidays every where we go and I've got to take a dish to pass.

Pumpkin Roll Trifle
Mom Frisbie's Orig. Recipe tweaked using Darlene's filling recipe.

For Cake:
3 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar

Beat for 5 Minutes (Be specific with time)

Add to above mixture:
2/3 Cup Pumpkin
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 to ¼ tsp. Pumpkin Spice
¾ Cup Flour

Mix Well.
Grease and line a Jelly Roll Pan with Waxed Paper, or parchment paper.* I just put into my Stoneware Lg. Bar Pan, very seasoned, so I don't have to worry about it, if it wasn't I'd use some Pan-Eze before putting in cake.

Spread cake evenly in pan and Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

Let cake cool on cooling rack and loosen around edges.
Using Bread Knife (Serrated) we then cut it into Cubes.

Make Filling:

1 Cup Sugar
8 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
3 Cups Cool Whip – 8 Oz. Cool Whip

Take Cream Cheese and soften in Microwave in Classic Batter Bowl. Add other ingredients and mix together. Can be made ahead and chilled.

To assemble Trifle:
Take 1/3 of cake cubes and put into Trifle bowl.
Spread 1/3 of filling onto cake; drizzle with Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Sprinkle with Chopped Pecans (opt) - I left on side in Prep Bowl in case of allergies
and repeat until finished and top with Caramel topping.
You can also sprinkle with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles and/or Sweet Caramel Sprinkles.

It was so YUMMY!! We didn't have a huge turn out and she made 2 things ahead and we made a Bacon Ranch Ring (From Simple & Delicious, another yummo!) so there was allot to choose from and Trifle was GONE!!

Enjoy,

Lisa

This is rest of original recipe in case anyone wants it:

While cake is baking on counter top or cooling rack, place a tea towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
When you remove cake from oven, turn upside down on tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar, Remove Pan and Waxed paper and roll and let cool, approx. 2 hours.

Filling:
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
4 TBLS. butter/margarine
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1½ tsps. vanilla
Mix Well
Spread onto cooled cake, unroll, spread crm cheese mixture, re-roll and keep cool, can sprinkle with powdered sugar again to "look nice!

thanks cant wait to make it.

[Bacon Ranch Ring (From Simple & Delicious, another yummo!)

Could you post this recipe....I might try it for my January shows!!

Bacon Ranch Ring......Here's that recipe. It was really good, we used half red and half green peppers due to Christmas. It was even good cold, I didn't get a piece until we were cleaning up after show and it was cold, but still yummy.

Lisa

Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring Simple & Delicious Nov./Dec. 2007

2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1 ½ cups (6 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
¼ cup finely chopped onion
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix

Grease a 14 inch pizza pan. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Place wide end of one triangle 3 inches from the edge of the prepared pan with the point overhanging the edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible). Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

I didn't grease the stone. It was really great, I even had someone who doesn't like things "mixed" her words, have a second piece.

Lisa

What is the recipe for the Pumpkin Roll Trifle?

The recipe for the Pumpkin Roll Trifle includes layers of pumpkin cake, pumpkin spice pudding, and whipped cream, topped with crushed gingersnap cookies. It's a perfect fall dessert that is simple to make and always a crowd-pleaser.

Can I make the Pumpkin Roll Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Pumpkin Roll Trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This will allow the flavors to come together and make for an even more delicious trifle.

Can I use a pre-made pumpkin roll for this recipe?

While you can certainly use a store-bought pumpkin roll, the best results will come from making your own from scratch. This will ensure the freshest and most flavorful trifle possible. However, if you are short on time, a pre-made pumpkin roll will work in a pinch.

What can I substitute for the pumpkin spice pudding?

If you are having trouble finding pumpkin spice pudding, you can substitute regular vanilla pudding and add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mix. This will give you a similar flavor to the pumpkin spice pudding.

How can I make this trifle look extra festive for a holiday party?

You can add some holiday flair to your Pumpkin Roll Trifle by topping it with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, or by adding a dollop of whipped cream and a small pumpkin-shaped cookie. You can also serve it in a clear glass trifle dish to show off the layers and colors of the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies