• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making deep dish dishes in a pie plate?

In summary, the recipe for the pull apart bread can be found in this thread and it calls for one package of Grands biscuits. The recipe can be easily doubled, and the bread can be served in the stoneware or the mini oval baker.
jrstephens
I did them this weekend in the Deep Dish Pie plate and they did wonderful. I think I will do them at this month's shows in this plate to show you can cook more than pies in them.

Are you talking about the pull apart bread that we demo in the 8" saute pan? Do you double the recipe or what do you do? How long do you bake it? I think this is a great idea.

That sounds great. Can you post the recipe?

Yes I am talking about them. I used one package of Grands. I think 2 packages of regular biscuit would be fine too. There was room for more but I think 2 packages of Grands would have been too much. I baked them on 350 for about 20 minutes or so. I did the Garlic Parmesean ones. I will find the recipe and post it. I am at my work computer instead of home.

Here it is...I used half the butter this calls for b/c I used the buttery Grands.

Attachments

• Pull Apart Breads.doc
    20 KB · Views: 484
I don't have the deep dish pie plate. I wonder if I could do them in the oval baker or mini oval baker? What do you think? I may have to try this. Good way to sell more stoneware!

How did you melt and saute? Did you pull the stone out of the oven and then add ingred. and put it back in the oven? Or melt and saute on the stove and pour into the stone? Sorry for all the questions - I've never actually made these.

I actually did not sauté. I just melted my butter in the microwave and poured it over the biscuits and then added the garlic and cheese and mixed. If you did the apple ones and needed to sauté, I would just do that as a separate step.

I think the mini-baker would do great. I would double it if I used the oval baker b/c it holds more then the pie plate and there was room left for a little more in the pie plate.

I served them to my DH on a SA square, but I think at a show I would leave it in the stoneware this month since that is what we are wanting them to see.

I severed mine with pizza sauce. I thought at a show I would heat my sauce in my mini-oval baker to show off another piece of stoneware.

I am glad to help in anyway I can. That's what we are all here for - each other!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing; this is one of my favorite recipes using the saute pan, now I'll have to try it in a stone!

Grands BiscuitsWhat size can (# of biscuits) do you use for making the pull apart bread? I've seen two different sizes; 5 & 8.

Thanks

ddcook said:
What size can (# of biscuits) do you use for making the pull apart bread? I've seen two different sizes; 5 & 8.

Thanks

The 8 count makes a nice size; any smaller wouldn't turn out as well I don't think!

ddcook said:
What size can (# of biscuits) do you use for making the pull apart bread? I've seen two different sizes; 5 & 8.

Thanks

I use the 8 count Grands. I normally double this and bake it in the deep dish plie plate.

Does anyone have the recipe for the satue pan pull apart bread? Thanks for the recipes using the deep dish pie plate. I can't wait to make them :eek:)

Hi Mountainmover,
The recipe is in this thread, about the fourth or fifth entry. It's the Word document.

Sorry about that I should have read the whole recipe. I was thinking that the recipes were for the deep dish pie plate.

I have made both the cinn. and garlic bites and they have been rave at all the parties!

So, do the pull aparts come out just as good in the mini oval baker?

lacychef said:
Great idea! Thanks for sharing; this is one of my favorite recipes using the saute pan, now I'll have to try it in a stone!

I have always used the saute' pan as well - I will have to try it in a stone ...

I'm thinking of doing this tomorrow. I'm doing a mini panini show, so I'm already showing cookware. I thought I'd try the garlic pull aparts in the stoneware instead. I bought two packages of the 8 count Grands b/c I was going to try a batch with dinner last night, but forgot. I've never made them in the stoneware & just a couple of times in the saute pan. My deep dish pie plate is holding a pumpkin pie right now, but I have all the other bakers. What would you suggest I use for 2 packages of Grands (8 count)? Should I also add more butter (more than 1/2 stick) or more garlic or seasoning?

thanks
jrstephens said:
I actually did not sauté. I just melted my butter in the microwave and poured it over the biscuits and then added the garlic and cheese and mixed. If you did the apple ones and needed to sauté, I would just do that as a separate step.

I think the mini-baker would do great. I would double it if I used the oval baker b/c it holds more then the pie plate and there was room left for a little more in the pie plate.

I served them to my DH on a SA square, but I think at a show I would leave it in the stoneware this month since that is what we are wanting them to see.

I severed mine with pizza sauce. I thought at a show I would heat my sauce in my mini-oval baker to show off another piece of stoneware.

I am glad to help in anyway I can. That's what we are all here for - each other!

THANKS FOR SHARING :)

If I use the oval baker, could I use 2 packages of the 8 count Grands? We have anywhere from 10-20 people coming to the show tonight with mini paninis & it's a 5 pm show, so I wanted to have enough. I think I'll make some brownies ahead of time too. My host already has over $200 in outside orders (I give free food for that)! I should be hitting level 2 tonight!! I wanted level 3, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Oh well--$300 in new products is better than the $0 I earned in June!!

hi I am new to the page and I think I missed the original recipes for these pull aparts could you give me a brief run through?

Check out http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=12982 which has great recipe booklets for many of our products. Look for the skillet recipes. Otherwise search in the files section (click files from the menu) and search on the word "pull" and you'll find a ton of "pull apart" recipes.

These were a HIT at my show tonight!

Pull Apart RecipesYou can change these - or melt the butter & mix them in the small saute, then transfer into a stone to showofff stoneware!

Go ahead and change out the information!

Attachments

• Biscuit Appetizer.doc
    120 KB · Views: 298
Scott that sounds DELICIOUS!

lizcooks4u said:
THANKS FOR SHARING :)

Your welcome! I love these pull a parts! I think I will make some tonight!

I tried the apple ones the other night and they were awesome!!!

1. What types of dishes can I make in the deep dish baker?

The deep dish baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes. Some popular options include deep dish pizza, casseroles, cobblers, and even lasagna.

2. Is the deep dish baker safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the deep dish baker is made of durable stoneware and is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F.

3. How do I clean the deep dish baker?

The deep dish baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils to prevent scratching.

4. Can I use the deep dish baker in the microwave?

Yes, the deep dish baker is microwave safe. However, it is recommended to avoid using it under the broiler or on direct heat sources.

5. What size is the deep dish baker?

The deep dish baker has a capacity of 9" x 13" and can hold up to 7 quarts, making it perfect for family-sized meals or large gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • andiphant