• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product Adjustment Question When It Was Another Consultant?

In summary, the customer is looking for a way to find the Consultant ID # of a previous consultant who sold them a broken bar pan. The customer wants to know if they can do the adjustment online with the consultant's ID #, but will have to contact HO instead. The conversation also mentions the difficulties and preferences of handling adjustments for items purchased from other consultants. Some participants suggest that it is easier for the customer to contact HO for replacements or exchanges, while others mention that they can still do online adjustments with the consultant's ID # and show #. There is also discussion about the return policy for items purchased from the consultant and the potential awkwardness of asking for shipping money from the customer.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have a customer adjustment (broken bar pan) that was originally purchased with another consultant. Is there a way to find that person's Consultant ID #? I don't think she's a consultant anymore...since I can't find her in the "Find a Consultant" like I was able to the first time I had to do an adjustment from that show.

I was hoping if I had her consultant ID#, I could do the adjustment online (can you do that??).

I am still waiting on the customer to get the receipt. Without it, I don't have show details or anything (guess if she wants her bar pan replaced, she'll do it. :D).

Even if you found the other consultant's ID, you would not be able to submit the adjustment online. You'll have to call or email HO.

Wasn't sure. That's fine. Figured I'd have to do that anyway. :) Thanks!

You can enter and adjustment for an item purchased from another consultant. It's just much easier to do with a receipt. If the customer can't find her receipt see if one of her friends still have their receipt from the same show, it will have all the info you need to enter the adjustment.

You should be able to do an online adjustment with the other consultant's ID & show #. Just write over your consultant number in the blank, put in the other person's CID# and their show number. If it doesn't pull up the list of items, you can do a manual entry for the item #. ;)

As a general rule I don't do adjustments for things purchased from another consultant. I am always happy to give the person the information they need to arrange and exchange or replacement, though. It only took a few adjustments for me to realize it took several calls or emails back and forth for me to make all of the arrangements. IMHO it's much easier for everyone if the customer contacts the HO unless the product was purchased through me.

raebates said:
As a general rule I don't do adjustments for things purchased from another consultant. I am always happy to give the person the information they need to arrange and exchange or replacement, though.

It only took a few adjustments for me to realize it took several calls or emails back and forth for me to make all of the arrangements. IMHO it's much easier for everyone if the customer contacts the HO unless the product was purchased through me.

This is exactly how I do it - and for the same reasons. Totally agree!

I agree with Rae & Becky! It is easier for the customer to do it. I'm on a military base, so when customer has only been here for 10 months & knows that they were here when they bought it ... it's easier to know that the warranty is still in effect. If it's questionable, I have THEM call corporate to verify if the warranty is still in effect and report the issue. ;)

raebates said:
As a general rule I don't do adjustments for things purchased from another consultant. I am always happy to give the person the information they need to arrange and exchange or replacement, though.

It only took a few adjustments for me to realize it took several calls or emails back and forth for me to make all of the arrangements. IMHO it's much easier for everyone if the customer contacts the HO unless the product was purchased through me.

I'm starting to see this! And will be adopting a similar thing for returns from another consultant's show...

I'll also adopt the return policy of helping my customers who've purchased through me- but they have to keep the product to send it back...so THEY can ship it, and I don't have to eat that expense or have that 'awkward' moment of asking them for the shipping money (which I wouldn't do anyway). I'll be the go-between with HO for them, but they can ship it.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess if this lady wants her bar pan, she'll eventually return my calls. :D

NooraK said:
Even if you found the other consultant's ID, you would not be able to submit the adjustment online. You'll have to call or email HO.

not true. If you have the consultant id and show #, you could do the adjustment online.

raebates said:

EXACTLY! This is why anyone I meet at a fair who says they have a broken stone or what have you gets my biz card with The Solution Center # written on back of it.

DebbieJ said:
not true. If you have the consultant id and show #, you could do the adjustment online.

Yeah- I was hoping that...but I didn't have the consultant number. I THINK I jotted it down on the receipt from her sister's adjustment, but I didn't make myself a copy of that receipt before I gave it back to her. I have the show #, just not the consultant ID.

That's ok. It won't hurt her to do some of the work- she'll need the receipt anyway for the return portion.

A recent host was asked about returning an item that her friend ordered "a long time ago" but decided she didn't want. She didn't have a receipt and couldn't remember the host. The product was still in the box. The host contacted me. The guest wanted to bring the item to her show. I explained the return procedure and said I'd be glad to make sure she had the number to call. My host later said that when she told her friend this the friend's husband said that it didn't seem like I was all that anxious to help my customers. My host was miffed, but I told her that that reaction isn't uncommon. I also reminded her that if this couple has ever tried to return something they had purchased "a long time ago" to a store with or without a receipt they'd know that Pampered Chef's policy is actually pretty lenient.

1. How do I request a product adjustment when I purchased it from another consultant?

To request a product adjustment, you will need to contact the consultant from whom you purchased the product. They will be able to assist you with the process and submit the request on your behalf.

2. Can I request a product adjustment if I purchased the product from a consultant who is no longer active?

Unfortunately, if the consultant is no longer active, we are unable to process a product adjustment for you. We recommend reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance.

3. What information do I need to provide when requesting a product adjustment from another consultant?

You will need to provide the name of the consultant, the product you purchased, the date of purchase, and the reason for the product adjustment request. This will help the consultant and our team to process your request efficiently.

4. Can I exchange the product for a different one when requesting a product adjustment from another consultant?

Yes, you can exchange the product for a different one if it is within the same price range. The consultant will be able to assist you with the exchange process and any price differences.

5. How long does it take to process a product adjustment when purchased from another consultant?

The processing time for a product adjustment can vary depending on the consultant's availability and the reason for the adjustment. We recommend contacting the consultant directly for an estimated timeline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LibrarianChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom