• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Return Product Dilemma... Prior Consultant Not Helping.

In summary, the customer does not want to involve the consultant in getting the product returned, and the best option is for the author to order the rice cooker and have it delivered to the customer.
clshirk
I just restarted selling PC, yay me. Well, a friend contacted me that in December she (whom sells Southern Living) made a trade with another PC consultant for a RiceCooker for something same value from SL. She says she knows the consultant had to order it in December since she didn't have any, but no clue what order, etc...never got a reciept. Just the product brand new.

So, after 1 use of the RiceCooker, she followed the rules to the T and burned the bottom of it. She contacted the consultant 6 weeks ago and still has yet to get any help from her. I tried to call PC 1-888 number with no avail to figuring out where the order was placed. I mean, the consultant did have a few get ordered that month, but with no certainty this was the one, they couldn't help me.

So, I gave the customer a choice. I told her that either she or I could contact the prior consultant and request the show it was ordered under, and I would even take care of it at that rate to get it all returned, etc.... But the customer does not want to involve the consultant at all because she has had some bad dealings in other manners with her and really does not want me to even mess with her.
The other option is I could just order a RiceCooker. Give her the new one, request a product adjustment using the old one, then give the customer a new one, and in the midst I end up buying myself a new one as well doing so. But I'll end up paying for it. But I don't have a rice cooker...so could benefit me at least.

What's is the best idea here? I'm also tempted to contact the consultant myself, whom I do know and know how to reach, but if the customer doesn't want me to, should I still?

If you want a Rice Cooker, I'd handle it the way you described for yourself.

DebbieJ said:
If you want a Rice Cooker, I'd handle it the way you described for yourself.

Thanks for the quick response.

I guess I kinda want it. But there's no other way you guys can think of making it work? I guess too, I'm trying to decide if I should add it to a show and get a 10% host discount since I hosted in Dec, or indivual order, which I may not be able to do yet.

I personally would not get in the middle of this. Just my thought. She made a trade so technically she would have to get a hold of the other consultant.

Do you have anyone who purchased a Rice Cooker from you? You can do an online adjustment that way. I've actually had Solution Center reps suggest that to me when we can't locate the original purchase info.

DebbieJ said:
Do you have anyone who purchased a Rice Cooker from you? You can do an online adjustment that way. I've actually had Solution Center reps suggest that to me when we can't locate the original purchase info.

No, I just started again...working on 3 shows right now in the two weeks. Its been over a year since I was active. I guess I could look and see if any of the last shows I did ordered any. Top of my head I can't recall if RiceCooker is 1yr or 3yr warranty.

At worst, I get a rice cooker. :)

clshirk said:
No, I just started again...working on 3 shows right now in the two weeks. Its been over a year since I was active. I guess I could look and see if any of the last shows I did ordered any. Top of my head I can't recall if RiceCooker is 1yr or 3yr warranty.

At worst, I get a rice cooker. :)

It shows a 2-yr warranty when I looked it up online.

I would guess that the consultant may have ordered it as a personal order thus why you can't find it, or bought it from another local consultant.

If you give her the rice cooker through your order, what will she do if something happens to that one? She still won't have a reciept, unless you "gift" it to her and Solution Center won't be able to help, again. Just a thought. Mara

Maragib said:
If you give her the rice cooker through your order, what will she do if something happens to that one? She still won't have a reciept, unless you "gift" it to her and Solution Center won't be able to help, again. Just a thought. Mara

Good point. Well, then I'll just order through her name. She hosted a show within the last year as well, so I know she gets the 10% discount. I can't get anything better than that yet I don't think b/c if I recall correctly, I can't do a personal order until I get so much in orders...and this is my first show.

You can place individual orders on P3 at any time. You cannot get individual orders on your website until you qualify.

wadesgirl said:
You can place individual orders on P3 at any time. You cannot get individual orders on your website until you qualify.[/QUOTE
ah. oK. Thanks for the clarification.

1. How do I return a product if my prior consultant is not helping?

If you are unable to reach your prior consultant for assistance with a return, you can contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. They will be happy to assist you with the return process.

2. Can I return a product if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, you can still return a product even if you no longer have the original packaging. Our customer service team will work with you to find a solution for the return.

3. I received a damaged product, how do I get a replacement?

If your product arrived damaged, please contact our customer service team and they will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you.

4. How long do I have to return a product?

You have up to one year from the date of purchase to return a product. After that, returns will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

5. Can I return a product if I used it once and didn't like it?

Yes, you can return a product if you used it and found it unsatisfactory. Our customer service team will work with you to find a solution and provide a refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Lilamyw3