• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Prize Drawing Slips for Maximum Engagement and Results

In summary, most people still use the ones the company provides, but some people prefer to make their own.
pchefkristin
Does everyone still use the ones the company provides? I have been using something a little different, but was curious if the company ones are the most popular?

Also, do you use the prize drawing slips at your shows? I do, and used to just put them in my guest folders, but stopped doing that recently. Now I go to each guest directly and hand it to them personally. I think it makes a difference.

What is everyones preference? And would love to hear some ideas on how you use them both at your shows, and otherwise.
THANKS!

I use the ones that are provided by PC..I also hand them out individually..I think with their size, if you put it with the catalog and stuff, it would be lost or dropped several times.

I use em! I explain them at the END of the show and never hand them out until I'm sure they love me enough to schedule their own shows or want to do what I do. I dont suggest handing them out in the beginning, because your guests don't know the answers to the questions yet. ;)

I use the ones that Marna shared with us :) and I pass them out individually.

I created my own. They are part of my guest kits. At the beginning of my demo I go through what's in the guest kit. When we get to the survey, I tell them they are only allowed to fill out their name, address, phone, and email. Nothing else! They don't know the answers yet, and I'll take their pens if they try to work ahead. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0006.gif

At the end of the demo, I have them complete their surveys. I've gotten a lot better response with them this way. Someone who was a definite 'NO" at the beginning often becomes a "maybe" or "yes" by the end. I've had several people share that they would absolutely have answered differently if I had allowed them to answer the questions first.

Here is th eone I use, and I hand them out at the end, one by one. I personally invite each one.

Attachments

• Prizedrawingslip.doc
    22 KB · Views: 577
Thats a cute one.

I use the company ones now (I've gone back & forth on using those or ones I made myself) & I put them in the lap boards. I used to do them at the end, but now I have them fill them out at the beginning & use them as my drawing slips (I start & end with a drawing). I found that when I did them at the end, that if they put no, it was harder for me to ask them about having a show, getting opp info. But this way, they could have changed their minds during the show, so I don't mind asking them. Most of the time now, people just check the boxes on the order forms. I go over the order forms at the end & mention if they've decided to have a show, etc., they can let me know there.

On my survey slips I use a scale of 1 (no thanks, I'd rather pay full price) to 5 (let's do it!). If someone circles 1, I ask if that's "no for now" or "no, don't ever ask me that question again for as long as I live." Often it's just that they're busy right now. That gives me an opening to contact them at a future date (with their permission, of course).

I use the ones that the company provides for us.....But I dont' give them out until the end of the show.....I make them flip them over and I start with the back of the slip first... and when I get to their names.... I say and oh by the way... I need all of your birthday's not the year just the month and day... I get raised eye brows and I say wouldnt' you like a specail gift on your birthday from me??? Always gets them everytime.... and on the question about the opportunity.. I tell them it's about information not obligation and I promise I won't stock you.. gets them laughing....

Kristin - Can you share the one you use?
Deb - Is the one Marna shared the same one that Kristin uses? If not can you share that one too?

I use this one and am thinking about changing.

Attachments

• drawingslip.doc
    34 KB · Views: 458
dollfangs said:
Kristin - Can you share the one you use?
Deb - Is the one Marna shared the same one that Kristin uses? If not can you share that one too?

I use this one and am thinking about changing.

Melissa ~ I love that one! I use the one that Deb uses, but I dont know that I have it saved anywhere on my computer to post it for you. I am so computer stupid sometimes! I really think that yours is quite comparable to what Marna's is though. ;)

I use the ones from PC, and hand them out at the end, with the promise that "I will not stalk, harrass, track down, torture, and/or trick anyone into anything, or ask for your first born (which usually gets laughs), BUT that if they are even slightly interested in hosting, opportunity, etc to please check the box and we'll talk later." So far, I've had pretty good success with it, in that most people do fill it out completely. Since I'm really just starting out, I feel it is important to build a level of trust with them, and most can tell that I'm sincere in wanting to build my business without becoming the "crazy PC woman".

Here they are.

Attachments

• Prize Drawing Slip from Marna Ross.doc
    31 KB · Views: 622
:D Thanks Deb! Thats the one!

I had them out at the end of the demo and go through the questions. I talk about my monthly newsletter for the e-mail line, then go through the questions one by one. One the back I explain that I will call them when the product they want at a discount goes on sale so they have time to organinze a get together.

As for the comments- I say "If you have any comments about the show write them here, or any questions you don't want to ask in front of the group. Please make sure all comments are nice as I have a fragile self-esteem!" That always gets laughs and loosens people up for yes-marking!

Thanks!!!!!

From Tom MarstenHere is what I have learned from Tom Marsten - word choice puts them in the frame of mind of hosting fastest. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• drawing slip.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 480
Thanks for sharing Scott! I like the personalized questions!

I used to use PC but they changed them this season and hate them! There is no yes no maybe it is just a box to check. 75% of my bookings are maybes so if that is not a choice there go my shows. Also, if they can't mark no how can you say they must be completed to win, which I do. So, thanks for your drawing slips! I will have to print them and use them Hope PC changes back soon I don't like the extra work.

I use the PC ones. I've found that it doesn't really matter how the questions are asked on the form. I don't pay too much attention to the anymore. I basically just ask them that if they have some special requests, recipes, my monthly newsletter etc. then they should fill it out completely. They usually will. I do pass them out in the end. This way, I feel free to ask everyone personally if they'd like to book a show. Also, I've learned from Tracy Williams not to rely on the drawing slips. Also if someone does check yes or no, do not mention to them what they checked off. It's physcological (spelling?) some people will deny it or get defensive about it. I just simply call later, if they checked yes, then simply say that I enjoyed meeting them at the show and wasn't sure if they were aware of what the host benefits were and the specials but I'd love to go over it with them to see if this is something they'd like to do. I also remind them that I book 6 mos out, so if now is not a good time then may sometime 6 mos down the road it would be good. I tell them that I simply pencil in a date and then call them 1 mo before the show to remind them and send out the host packet. This way is less threatening and more personal. Then do the same with recruiting. I used to rely on the drawing slips but would be disappointed when the yes's turned out no. I just recently tried this new technique and the responses are more positive. At my 02/28 show I did this and asked everyone seperately and I got 3 bookings and a possible recruit. when I looked over the drawing slips only 1 was a maybe. So I guess it does work.

Door Prize SlipsI AM GETTING A LOT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY GUESTS WITH USING THE NEWER STYLE OF PRIZE DRAWING SLIPS. THE COMPANY STYLE OF SLIPS DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY BAROMETER TO MEASURE IS NO A NO NOT EVER OR NO NOT NOW. :rolleyes:

I have had alot of success with using a slip similar to ones posted here......I don't rely on them - I always ask everyone at checkout about booking etc.....but the ones I use are on a 1-10 scale, and they give me some great feedback for when I do customer care calls......also - I've recruited 3 hosts since using these and I think one reason is the question about hosting if the host becomes a consultant....lets the host know that her friends will help her out if she signs.

scottcooks said:
Here is what I have learned from Tom Marsten - word choice puts them in the frame of mind of hosting fastest. Tell me what you think!

Scott can you explain how you do Bingo?

dannyzmom said:
Scott can you explain how you do Bingo?

Carolyn,

I just started a thread with this question under fundraisers!:D Great Minds think alike!

This is the one I use. I found it out here and changed it up a bit to suit me. After looking at some of these, I may have to change it up a bit more....

Attachments

• DOOR PRIZE_Linda.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 507
Oh - I was going to attach mine with my previous post, but forgot....here it is - pretty simple, but it seems to work well!

Attachments

• Guest Care Card.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 387
You guys have some great slips! I always use the PC ones...because I'm cheap cheap cheap! And LAZY! Wow am I EVER! I don't want to make copies and have to pay for them and all that but I really like these ideas. I think Scott's is my favorite, though it's a little on the large side...I'm going to think about trying your slips one day!

New PC slips
trps said:
I used to use PC but they changed them this season and hate them! There is no yes no maybe it is just a box to check. 75% of my bookings are maybes so if that is not a choice there go my shows. Also, if they can't mark no how can you say they must be completed to win, which I do. So, thanks for your drawing slips! I will have to print them and use them Hope PC changes back soon I don't like the extra work.

Agreed, the new ones are awful! I'm going to have to start making my own.

chefjeanine said:
Agreed, the new ones are awful! I'm going to have to start making my own.

This is good to hear. I was just thinking about going back to the PC ones to keep things simple. Guess I'll stick with what I'm doing.

1. Does everyone still use the ones the company provides?

It varies from company to company, but in general, many businesses still use the prize drawing slips provided by the company. However, some individuals may choose to use their own customized slips for a more personalized touch.

2. Do you use the prize drawing slips at your shows?

Yes, I do use the prize drawing slips at my shows. They are a valuable tool for engaging with guests and increasing participation in the event.

3. How do you distribute the prize drawing slips at your shows?

I used to simply include them in the guest folders, but I have found that personally handing them out to each guest during the event makes a bigger impact. This personal interaction can also help to build relationships with attendees.

4. What is everyone's preference when it comes to prize drawing slips?

It really depends on the individual and the company. Some may prefer the convenience of using the company-provided slips, while others may opt for more customized ones. Ultimately, the most important factor is the effectiveness of the slips in engaging and motivating guests.

5. Can you share some ideas on how to use prize drawing slips at shows and other events?

There are many creative ways to use prize drawing slips at events. Some ideas include incorporating them into interactive games or activities, offering a special prize for those who fill out the slips, and using them as a way to collect contact information for future marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• canadianchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
newbieconsultant
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefmeg
Replies