• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Drawing Slips - What's the Point?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of drawing slips for collecting contact information at shows. Some consultants use them to track potential bookings and recruits, while others find them unnecessary and prefer to rely on other methods. Some also use the slips to gather personal information about guests and make connections with them. However, some see them as clutter and choose not to use them. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and convenience.
susanr613
Gold Member
Good morning:

I'm wondering why save the drawing slips after the show. Here's what I do:
- use the slips to draw for a Season's Best
- at checkout, ask everyone about the biz oppty and hosting
- when entering into p3, cross check with the order forms to capture all contact info
- mark hosting, recruiting, or registry follow ups in my consultant planner

So, how else could I be using the slips? I hate clutter.

Thank you -

I don't save mine Susan. I put it all in P3 and track my follow up in there.

I staple each one to a sheet of notebook paper & place in a binder. I have one for bookings & one for recruits. That way I have a place to write when I talk with each guest. Once they book a show or sign, I remove them. I don't keep all of them. Some book at the show or have no interest.

Hmmmm.....I should do this. I hate having all these papers lying around.

I don't even do drawing slips...I ask eveyone point blank if they are interested in hosting, etc, and everyone takes home some recipe cards and that's that. I have my own slips that I do for booths and fairs so I don't even order the drawing slips anymore.

I don't use them either (I think I will for Booths/Fairs). I just use my order forms to collect all their information, use PP, and download the Host Information Form from CC.....having a million little pieces of paper around drives me CRAZY!

I know that my director uses the back of them to write any personal info on that customer that will help with contacts later on.
If someone has on a shirt that she likes she writes that down and then says "I just loved that purple shirt that you had on a Susies party!" That makes the customer feel important.
Or "I remember you said that your son was sick. I hope he is feeling better."
I have done this some and it does seem to help make a conection.

I have found them useful, especially when double checking addresses, email and phone numbers. One time I forgot to pass them out for the drawing and yet I had 3 bookings from the show. Go figure!

I WOULD use the Drawing Slips if there wasn't French on the other side (I am a CDN. Consultant) - so I figure they are kinda pointless - I can't use the opposite side for comments, notes or anything. I know of others who use them religiously at every show....

Once I have entered them into P3 I paper clip them together and add a sticky to the click with hosts name and file. I guess if I ever had my computer crash and lost everything at least I would still have the slips with contact info. I do back up to a thumb drive but I guess I just feel better saving the slips.

I keep mine in a small rubbermaid box (a little bigger than a recipe box) and file them under PAST HOST, POSSIBLE HOST, GUESTS, POSSIBLE RECRUIT

This way I can look back if I am in need of shows etc. and #1 reason is so if I decide I am hanging up my apron I can pass the box onto another cluster member.
Once I got it organized for the first time it has been really easy to keep up with.

I use them because I have been amazed at how many times a guest has put way more info on them than on the sales receipt. I don't look at them until I get home and ask everyone about the business and shows and often even those who said "no" will book or take my info. What I like them for is to get more information especially from those people who don't end up ordering - it is the only way I get THEIR info and it's not unusual for them to mark that they have some kind of interest that I can help them with.

If you consider them clutter then toss them after the show.

BethCooks4U said:
I use them because I have been amazed at how many times a guest has put way more info on them than on the sales receipt. I don't look at them until I get home and ask everyone about the business and shows and often even those who said "no" will book or take my info. What I like them for is to get more information especially from those people who don't end up ordering - it is the only way I get THEIR info and it's not unusual for them to mark that they have some kind of interest that I can help them with.

Exactly why I use them!

Often, people will not put their email or cell phone on their receipt, but they will on their Guest Care Card - and I have a place for comments on the bottom, and often get more info there.

Here is the one I use:

Attachments

• Guest Care Card(2).doc
    77 KB · Views: 316
dont do them keeps me asking everyone

ChefBeckyD said:
Exactly why I use them!

Often, people will not put their email or cell phone on their receipt, but they will on their Guest Care Card - and I have a place for comments on the bottom, and often get more info there.

Here is the one I use:
Thanks! That's a really good one. I think I'll start using this one as soon as I use up all the ones I have from PC.

BethCooks4U said:

I've found this to be true too. I'm amazed how folks will fill out a drawing slip (or whatever you want to call them) fully and yet only put their name and address to order. Plus, I use a slip that has a maybe option which is helpful... and I personally find the slips portable so I can make contact when it's convenient without having to tote around a sales receipt with [possibly] personal info they may not want me carting around like... their c.c. number.

I'd love to find a way to see what's on the slips during the show though without me seeming like I'm mining for answers right away. Don't want to seem to desperate. LOL

MORFIA said:
dont do them keeps me asking everyone
What about that person who was very interested and participating all through the show and then disappears during ordering? How would you get to ask her or do customer care for her? She could just be in need of $$ so would love to do a show or start a business. ...I have one from yesterday's show that marked interest in both on the DPDS and didn't order.

I agree w/ everything Becky and Beth have noted. I use the slips and discard the ones that have all no's marked (I use my own slips, mostly borrowed from here). I also attach them to outside order forms I put in my host pack and tell the host to let guests know that if they fill out all the info and return with the order they'll be entered into the drawing, too. You'd be amazed at how many returned slips I get with "yes" or "maybe" checked for hosting (and sometimes the business opp)! When I was just handing out OOFs no one ever checked that they were interested, and the host never asked.

I don't look at the slips at my shows. When guests order, I tell them I haven't had a chance to review the slips. I definitely get more bookings through asking than by the slips.

At home, I have a spiral binder marked w/ bookings and recruits (like others do). I staple the slips to the pages and put them in the appropriate month for follow up. If someone marks all no's, I still put their info into my Outlook Contacts (and in the notes section I type what show they're associated with).

dianevill said:
I agree w/ everything Becky and Beth have noted. I use the slips and discard the ones that have all no's marked (I use my own slips, mostly borrowed from here). I also attach them to outside order forms I put in my host pack and tell the host to let guests know that if they fill out all the info and return with the order they'll be entered into the drawing, too. You'd be amazed at how many returned slips I get with "yes" or "maybe" checked for hosting (and sometimes the business opp)! When I was just handing out OOFs no one ever checked that they were interested, and the host never asked.

I don't look at the slips at my shows. When guests order, I tell them I haven't had a chance to review the slips. I definitely get more bookings through asking than by the slips.

At home, I have a spiral binder marked w/ bookings and recruits (like others do). I staple the slips to the pages and put them in the appropriate month for follow up. If someone marks all no's, I still put their info into my Outlook Contacts (and in the notes section I type what show they're associated with).
Ohhh! I am so going to steal this idea! I love it! I tell the host to ask and the questions are on the OOF but a drawing... GOOD STUFF! THANKS! :cool:

dianevill said:

Diane - That is just BRILLIANT! I'm going to do that to all of my host packets tonight!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks! That's a really good one. I think I'll start using this one as soon as I use up all the ones I have from PC.

I use the ones from PC (I use the same form as Becky -- stolen from this site!) at booths and such.

I ask the host WHO --and go from there----

Let's get this straight......it isn't stealing when it has been shared!!!

DIANE!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing this fab idea!

1. What is the purpose of drawing slips?

The purpose of drawing slips is to randomly select winners for a prize or giveaway. They allow for a fair and unbiased selection process.

2. Can anyone participate in the drawing slip process?

Yes, anyone can participate in the drawing slip process as long as they meet the eligibility requirements set by the company or organization hosting the event.

3. How do I fill out a drawing slip?

To fill out a drawing slip, simply write your name, contact information, and any other required information on the slip. Make sure to follow any specific instructions given by the host of the event.

4. What happens to the drawing slips after the event is over?

The handling of drawing slips after the event varies depending on the host's preference. Some may choose to keep them for record-keeping purposes, while others may dispose of them to protect the privacy of participants.

5. Is there a limit to the number of drawing slips I can submit?

The limit for the number of drawing slips that can be submitted may vary depending on the event or giveaway rules. It is important to read and follow the instructions given by the host to ensure your submission is valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tracyt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kathie's Kitchen
  • Kathytnt