• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Pork Tenderloin for a Show: Tips & Advice

In summary, the conversation revolved around a consultant's concerns about making a pork tenderloin dish for a show when she does not eat pork. She asked for tips and advice on how to ensure it turns out well and received tips such as using a thermometer and removing the silver skin. Some also shared their own experiences with similar situations and suggested using a line to address the issue with the crowd. The consultant also clarified that the host requested the recipe and that she generally practices her recipes before shows.
JTNT8704
I figured it was only a matter of time- and October would be when it happened... My host for the 1st wants to do the pork tenderloin in the DCB. Problem being, I have never done this before. And I dont eat pork... So even if I tried it before hand, I wouldnt taste it- so I wont have the confidence that it will turn out great. I am a fanatic about practicing my recipe over and over before a show- and Im just nervous bout this one.

Anyone care to share some tips, or words of wisdom. What I can do to make sure it turns out awesome? TIA

(I wish everyone would have chocolate shows)

Do you have a neighbor or family memeber or coworkers who would eat the tenderloin? But honestly, it is so easy... just follow the directions and make sure it cooks to the correct temperature and you will be fine!

Why did you even offer a recipe that you don't want to make? I don't mean to sound mean but you control your shows! If you don't do pork then don't do pork!

That being said, TELL your host that you don't do pork and that if she wants that recipe it's at her own risk. Use a thermometer to check for doneness and be sure to allow it to rest so that it can finish "cooking". Follow the PC directions (judge temperature over time) exactly and you'll be fine.

Just follow the directions, and get all the silvery skin off of it. That silver skin is unpleasant, if you get it in a bite.

It's really very easy - just check it for the correct temperature, so you'll know for sure it's done.

BethCooks4U said:
Why did you even offer a recipe that you don't want to make? I don't mean to sound mean but you control your shows! If you don't do pork then don't do pork!

That being said, TELL your host that you don't do pork and that if she wants that recipe it's at her own risk. Use a thermometer to check for doneness and be sure to allow it to rest so that it can finish "cooking". Follow the PC directions (judge temperature over time) exactly and you'll be fine.

I didnt post this to get reprimanded... I posted it for tips. I control my shows very well actually- hence the reason why I generally practice a recipe over and over again before I do the demo.

I didnt offer the pork- she called last night, and saw it on the website, and wants to do it because she wants the DCB. I would never use my preferences in cuisine to choose a show theme, its not my show, its hers. I like to keep my hosts happy, I find that makes for pleasant shows, good relationships and lots of referrals.

katie0128 said:
Do you have a neighbor or family memeber or coworkers who would eat the tenderloin? But honestly, it is so easy... just follow the directions and make sure it cooks to the correct temperature and you will be fine!

I plan to buy one today, and try it out on my husband. He for one will eat anything. Thanks for your help!

Good luck!! I would be feeling like you if someone requested something that I just *don't* eat, so I couldn't be sure of myself!

Glad your DH will eat it! Men are usually VERY honest with their opinions on things!

I am sure it will turn out well! I agree with others...just be sure to use a themometer so it doesn't over or undercook!

Something like this happened at one of my shows a couple years back. The host wanted the Shrimp ****tail Pizza, and I don't eat shrimp. I was honest to the crowd that, "I don't eat shrimp, so I haven't tried this yet. But I've never had a bad PC recipe." Using wording like that took the pressure off me, but let them know that it was still going to be good.

As people have posted, use the thermometer. It's such an easy recipe, the crowd will be wowed.

Thank you so very much ladies. Im glad to know that others have been in this position. I think I will make use of that line Ann! Thanks so much

JTNT8704 said:
I didnt post this to get reprimanded... I posted it for tips. I control my shows very well actually- hence the reason why I generally practice a recipe over and over again before I do the demo.

I didnt offer the pork- she called last night, and saw it on the website, and wants to do it because she wants the DCB. I would never use my preferences in cuisine to choose a show theme, its not my show, its hers. I like to keep my hosts happy, I find that makes for pleasant shows, good relationships and lots of referrals.
My post was not meant as a reprimand and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I was just saying that if there's something you don't want to do it's up to you (a general "you" - not personal) to guide the host to something that you are more comfortable with. And I agree, if someone really wants a recipe - no matter what my opinion, I would do it.

You could also do the chicken breasts instead of the pork tenderloin - much less money going out!

It is awesome, I just made it again last night but changed the seasonings to the bell pepper and herb. Really good tasting. this is one recipe that anyone can do without messing it up even my bil can do this one. Each time I do this I have to say I can't belive that in less than 10 min I have a main dish ready to go. Use a thermometer that takes the guess work out, and have faith in the cookbook. Pampered Chef has put many hours into each recipe, tweeking it until it works.

I have made the pork tenderloin salad in the baker and made it with an asian twist- used asian rub on the pork, used the salad recipe for the bbq recipe in SB f/w2007. Used the Asian salad dressing on the measure mix an dpour. Added crunchy chow mein noodles and a variety of chopped veggies to show the knives, chopper etc. People raved!!!

Maybe you could offer up a couple other recipes that use the dcb and let her pick from those. It will still show the dcb and have something yummy to eat. Just a suggestion. Good luck with whatever you choose.

1. How do I prepare pork tenderloin for a show?

To prepare pork tenderloin for a show, begin by trimming off any excess fat or silver skin. Then, season the tenderloin with your desired spices and herbs. Next, sear the tenderloin in a hot pan to create a nice crust. Finally, roast the tenderloin in the oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.

2. How can I prevent pork tenderloin from drying out?

To prevent pork tenderloin from drying out, make sure not to overcook it. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, and remove the tenderloin from the oven when it reaches 145°F. You can also baste the tenderloin with a marinade or sauce while it cooks to keep it moist.

3. Should I marinate the pork tenderloin before cooking?

Marinating pork tenderloin before cooking can add flavor and help to tenderize the meat. However, it is not necessary. If you choose to marinate, make sure to do so for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.

4. Can I cook pork tenderloin in a slow cooker?

Yes, pork tenderloin can be cooked in a slow cooker. However, it is best to sear the tenderloin in a hot pan before placing it in the slow cooker. This will help to create a nice crust on the outside of the tenderloin.

5. How long should I let the pork tenderloin rest before slicing?

It is recommended to let pork tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes for a juicier and more flavorful tenderloin. Cover the tenderloin with foil while it rests to keep it warm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TerraOB83