• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My First Show Be a Success? Tips for a Nervous Host

In summary, Terra started her first show and it went well. She was nervous because it was a good friend who was having the show, but she is confident speaking in front of people. She learned a lot on this website and has some last minute tips for the show not happening until 6 PM.
TerraOB83
Gold Member
I finally have my 1st show tonight I'm hoping it goes well( im nervous lol)more nervous i think cause its a good friend thats having the show I dont have a problem speaking in front of people Im just hoping I dont forget what im going to say lol this site has been great I have learned a lot, any last min tips her show isnt until 6 TIA
Terra

TerraOB83 said:
I finally have my 1st show tonight I'm hoping it goes well( im nervous lol)more nervous i think cause its a good friend thats having the show I dont have a problem speaking in front of people Im just hoping I dont forget what im going to say lol this site has been great I have learned a lot, any last min tips her show isnt until 6 TIA
Terra
You will be fine! My shows are NEVER the same. I usually just start out by introducing myself and then I go into why I started the Pampered Chef and I talk about how it has really built my self esteem! Then I ask everyone to introduce themselves and tell me what their favorite PC product is and how they know the host. I go over the order form and tell them about the Round Up program. Then I start my recipe and talk about the tools as I use them. Sometimes I try to get people to volunteer to help so I can get people involved and to actually try out the tools. Somewhere in the middle I bring up the business and how Pampered Chef pretty much sells itself. Then where it goes from there is anyones guess....LOL!!!! Good luck you will do great! I play games to sometimes. I will attach some....

Attachments

• A whole bunch of games!.doc
    156 KB · Views: 1,878
  • How Well Do You Know Your Hostess.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 440
  • PASS THE GIFT.doc
    20 KB · Views: 315
  • Point Game.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Stoneware Mix up.doc
    32 KB · Views: 363
Of course I'm speaking as a "Consultant Rookie" about to do my first home show, but over the years, I've found it best not to "rehearse set scripts" like a play but rather know what you are presenting (products) and go with the flow. If you have stuff you want to say - put it only in bullet form not sentences. Sentences sound scripted and if you get nervous people can tell you're reading. ...a bullet of "chopper" reminds you to talk about the chopper - tell them how to use it, how fun it is and go with the flow of the room.

You'll do great!!!!

so my 1st show went ok host is only @ 106 but she has about 11-12 outside orders but other than that it went ok there was only about 3-4 people there so it wasnt that bad

Did you have fun? Did you feel like, "I can do this!"?

oh yeah i just felt bad for the host cause she wanted a lot of stuff so hopefully her outside orders will add up so she can get what she wants

If she wants a lot of stuff, I bet she goes after those outside orders! You may be pleasantly surprised, my dear!!!

Oh I know when I had my party I was @ 124 sales just for the show and once I closed I was at 440 i know outside orders can add up lol

What are the benefits of hosting a 1st show?

The 1st show is a great opportunity for you to earn free and discounted products, as well as connect with friends and family while learning new cooking techniques and recipes. Plus, as the host, you will also receive exclusive host rewards and discounts on future purchases.

How do I prepare for my 1st show?

Prior to your show, your consultant will provide you with a host packet that includes invitations, catalogs, and order forms. You can also make a guest list and plan out food and drinks to serve during the show. It's also helpful to familiarize yourself with the products and recipes beforehand.

What can I expect during the 1st show?

The 1st show typically lasts around 2-3 hours and includes product demonstrations, interactive cooking activities, and the opportunity for guests to try out the products. Your consultant will also go over the host rewards and ordering process. It's a fun and interactive event for everyone involved!

Do I need to make a purchase at my 1st show?

There is no obligation to make a purchase at your 1st show. However, as the host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. Your consultant will also go over the ordering process and answer any questions you or your guests may have.

Can I host a 1st show even if I'm not a great cook?

Absolutely! The 1st show is designed for individuals of all cooking levels. Your consultant will guide you through the demonstrations and recipes, and your guests can participate and ask questions. It's a great opportunity to learn new skills and have fun in the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tig
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tig
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
Replies