• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Tomorrow: Tips for Success from First-Time Vendors

In summary, Jeanie plans to demo her products, including the stoneware, and give tips for first timers. She plans to talk about the opportunity and how to be excited for the show. She recommends starting with telling your story and keeping in mind that you only have one first show.
dexheimers
Hey all!
Our first show is tomorrow and my wife and I are excited and nervous all at once! Do you have any good tips for us first-timers?

The host is my wife's mother and about 15 people have sent in RSVPs. We plan to really push the stoneware (we're not putting the order in until September, so the 20% discount will count).

We don't plan to talk much (if at all) about the opportunity. Since this is our first show we plan on just making sure we show the products well, get our recipe(s) down and have a good time.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

If you have them, use the write-in receipts. I also usually print a list of products I use in each recipe I demo showing item number and page number in the catalog (put in folders you pass out with catalogs). This helps with everyone trying to find things during the entire demo which can be distracting (plus you want them to order it all!). Please do at least mention the opportunity and that you'd like to talk further to anyone interested at least. It's too good not to share! I know you'll do great. The best tip is just to be excited and it will show. I believe you two are. That's my two cents worth!

Jeanie

Jeanie-
Does it take you long to type up the info about the products you're using? When I started last year, I did a wrap up of the demo & mentioned the products & where they were on the order form, but it seemed like everyone got antsy & didn't listen. But at my last show a guest mentioned that it would be nice to have something telling where the products I used were because she couldn't find them as fast as I used them & moved on to another product.

It doesn't take long to type up the list. I keep it in a word processing file on my computer so that I can use the same recipes list over and over if I cook them again. I just print 1 page with the list for 2 recipes on it. I believe it does help and I also think it reminds people to order items they may have missed. I also list where the recipe is found in the heading (some are product use and care).

Jeanie

I would suggest that you start with telling your story of what drew you to this business and made you decide to start with Pampered Chef. It's not really recruiting persay but it might peak interest. You don't want to lose out on a possible recruit, you're excited about your business I'm sure and that is usually a huge draw. People see that enthusiasm and it is contagious. Just think, if you would recruit, you would have someone to learn with.

One thing that helped me was to remember that you only have 1 first show. There are bound to be things go wrong, but it gets better with each show, and before long, you will feel so comfortable with the show part that you can concentrate on the recruiting, ect. Have fun, and enjoy it.

1. How should I prepare for my first show as a Pampered Chef vendor?

To prepare for your first show, make sure you have all necessary supplies and products on hand. This includes catalogs, order forms, business cards, and any demonstration tools you may need. It's also important to practice your demonstration and familiarize yourself with the products.

2. What are some tips for engaging with customers at a Pampered Chef show?

Be friendly and approachable, and make sure to listen to your customers' needs and preferences. Offer product suggestions and demonstrations that cater to their interests. Also, don't be afraid to ask for feedback and answer any questions they may have about the products.

3. How can I make my first show a successful one?

One key to success is to have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic about the products. Another tip is to offer special incentives or promotions for first-time customers. Additionally, make sure to follow up with customers after the show to thank them for their support and offer any additional assistance.

4. What should I do if I encounter a difficult customer at my show?

Stay calm and professional, and try to understand their concerns or frustrations. Offer solutions or alternatives to address their issues. If the situation becomes too difficult, it's always okay to politely excuse yourself and move on to another customer.

5. How can I build my customer base at my first Pampered Chef show?

One way to build your customer base is to offer a referral program where current customers can receive rewards for bringing in new customers. You can also ask for contact information and follow up with potential customers after the show. Don't forget to utilize social media to promote your products and events as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jla8279
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • SandiLeigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies