• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turning in My Two Week Notice... Any Advice?

In summary, Teresa plans to leave her job and start a home business. She recommends setting specific business hours and not allowing distractions during work.
KimberleePowell
I thought that I would share... I will be turning in my two weeks notice on Thursday of next week. After much planning, my husband and I have decided that it is time to make Pampered Chef Full-time. I am really excited about my new adventure and nervous as well. I have been in the business for what will be five years in January. I became a Director on June 1st and then an Advanced Director on August 1st. I am maintaining a pretty consistent schedule of 8-10 shows a month; I really plan on souping that number up to at least 12 a month. I am leaving a job that I love. I love the people I work with and the experiences that I have had with my job over the almost three years have been very positive - I just can't continue working two things anymore.

Any tips or words of wisdom from those of you who run Pampered Chef Full-time would be much appreciated. I really plan on making this work and I know that it will take time. Thanks in advance to those who respond.

set office hours and keep them (so say no to a lunch date, a quick trip to the mall etc),
have your voice mail reflect that today is Wed and I am in my office from 9-4:30 if you are calling after hours i will return your call tomorrow.
Be ORGANIZED

Teresa,
Thank you for the advice. I am planning on setting office hours and only hitting up the post office every two weeks and bank once a week... I am definitely up for suggestions here. This is new territory :)

Congratulations.

I was talking with someone recently about this. She's trying to get a home business going (not PC). She was having trouble with people calling while she was trying to work. I asked her, "If you were working a job where you went someplace and clocked in would you be able to take personal calls?"

She said, "Well, no."

I looked her in the eye and said, "You can't take personal calls during work hours. Period. If you don't respect your work time, how can you expect anyone else to?"

I think this is the real key.

I echo the advice. I have SPECIFIC business hours, that work around my family schedule. I do not do laundry, watch tv, take personal calls, facebook or anything else in that time. I find that I get more done in a short time and feel better about it by staying focused.

Thank you for all of the advice :) Jenni - if you don't mind sharing, what does your daily schedule look like?

So, I am in the process of making out a list of everything that I do business related. I am then going to try to prioritize the list and arrange for the tasks to be in my weekly schedule. Any ideas?

What is the proper way to turn in my two week notice?

The best way to turn in your two week notice is to schedule a meeting with your direct supervisor and inform them in person. It is also recommended to submit a formal resignation letter as well.

How much notice should I give when resigning from Pampered Chef?

It is customary to give two weeks notice when resigning from a job. This allows ample time for your employer to find a replacement and for you to wrap up any projects or tasks.

Do I need to give a reason for resigning in my two week notice?

No, it is not necessary to provide a reason for resigning in your two week notice. However, if you have a good relationship with your supervisor, it may be helpful to explain your reasons for leaving in order to maintain a positive relationship.

What should I include in my formal resignation letter?

Your formal resignation letter should include the date of your last day of work, a brief statement expressing your gratitude for the opportunity to work at Pampered Chef, and a formal statement of resignation.

Is it necessary to work the full two weeks after turning in my notice?

It is generally expected to work the full two weeks after turning in your notice, but this may vary depending on your employer. It is important to discuss your timeline with your supervisor and come to an agreement that works for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views