• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing a Colossal Chopped Salad for 25 Guests

In summary, Nancy does these shows all the time with a ton of guests and was wondering about preparing the Colossal Chopped Salad in advance. She suggests serving it and showing some products while they ate and then serving dessert.
chefinbiz
Has anyone ever done a show without actually preparing the recipe in front of the guests? I have a show on Wed. with a ton (25 confirmed) of guests and was wondering about preparing the Colossal Chopped Salad in advance. Maybe serving it and showing some products while they ate and then serving dessert. Any ideas?

TIA,
Nancy

That's a great idea!

Make sure you discuss/demo some items though.

There is a short video on CC with Susie Lite and our "power tools" that she says we need to demo at EVERY show, even if the recipe doesn't call for them. She gives some great wording!

Oh! Yea! Make sure you show/talk about COOKWARE! Maybe do the ice cube in the saute pan thing....

I have done this before at the request of the host. I did a pizza for the guests, and while they were eating, I spoke about the products and let them come up and try them out on different vegetables, etc. I did the ice cube in the cookware & ice cream dipper, Ult. Mandoline w/cucumber, cheese grater w/carrots (I did a lot of slicing and dicing of carrots b/c they had a ton of them) and that was about it. I let everyone mill around and ask questions and offered personal service to everyone as they placed their orders, too. It was a very informal show and everyone enjoyed it. I am also close friends with just about everyone who was there, and they had already seen my demo several times, so they just wanted something low-key. There were also several men there, and I think they just didn't want to feel like they were at a "Tupperware" party, so I geared it to them more with the knives and bbq tools. I think the key is, even if you're not demo-ing a recipe, you still need to show the products and how they work, so people get that "Oh, yea, I really need that!" feeling while watching you or trying it themselves. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you!

cathyskitchen said:
I think the key is, even if you're not demo-ing a recipe, you still need to show the products and how they work, so people get that "Oh, yea, I really need that!" feeling while watching you or trying it themselves. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you!

I soooooooooo agree with you! If you DON'T demo some tools, your sales will more than likely suffer.

I like that idea. I am only in my 3rd month and have had about 6 shows so far. Most of the my host want me to bring product so the guest can see, touch and answer questions. Of course most of them already know about PC. They do like to eat but don't care to watch me.

I know some people bring cucumbers and limes so people can play with products while not doing a cooking demo.

If you use the link that Tasha provided, there's an outline of my typical show. I talk about and show lots of products. I just don't usually make a recipe. Also, with the game, the guests are selling the products to one another. Works well because their friends have much more credibility in their eyes than I do.

KellyTheChef said:
That's a great idea!

Make sure you discuss/demo some items though.

There is a short video on CC with Susie Lite and our "power tools" that she says we need to demo at EVERY show, even if the recipe doesn't call for them. She gives some great wording!

Kelly-
Where do you find the videos now?

I thought they were right there on the consultant corner home page, but I am missing them. Can you tell me where you see them?

Thanks-
Kelly V.

National Conference overview link is on the left hand side of CC homepage.

Then, click on "Tool Time" video.

HTH
:)

Thank you! :D

I would have never looked there!

Thanks-
Kelly V.

I do non-demo shows all the time. I bring a prepared recipe or have the host have PC recipes waiting for me. When every one is there I pass out my lap boards with catalogs, order forms etc. I explain the specials and the round up and ask people about what their favorite products are. That usually opens up a really good dialog about the products (which is usually the stoneware and cookware) and is great in case there are people that have never been to a show before. I do bring carrots for peeling and chopping so the guests can check out the cutlery, the chopper, the veg. peeler, basically what ever they want. I find that I'm selling alot more if the customers are 'hands on' with the products. I gotten a lot of compliments (and bookings!!) from these type of shows. The guests love it because it gives them more time to sit and chat with each other too. My husband works 3rd shift so this type of show is perfect for when I have to be home early so he can go to work.

I went to the site where the video is on our "Power Tools" and can't seem to get it to play? All that comes up is a box where the video should be playing, and it is all white and nothing else.

I download the real player and it won't open it, I guess that's not what I needed. :confused:

Any ideas??

Kelly V.

I had a problem the other day also. I have been able to download them and then play it.

I tried the other day also, and it wouldn't work then, so I thought maybe it was down, but it still won't work for me??

Kelly V.

I don't know then. The other day I could not download or play it. Today I still can't play it from the net but I was able to download and then play it. I tried downloading when you posted your first post aobut having a problem.

1. How much lettuce do I need for a colossal chopped salad for 25 guests?

For a colossal chopped salad, we recommend using around 6 heads of lettuce. This will yield approximately 12-14 cups of chopped lettuce, which should be enough for 25 guests.

2. Do I need to use a specific type of lettuce for a chopped salad?

No, you can use any type of lettuce you prefer for a chopped salad. However, we recommend using a mix of different types, such as romaine, iceberg, and spinach, for added texture and flavor.

3. How do I keep the chopped salad from getting soggy?

To prevent the chopped salad from getting soggy, we recommend keeping the dressing on the side and only adding it to the salad right before serving. You can also lightly toss the salad with a small amount of dressing and then add more as needed.

4. Can I make the chopped salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chopped salad ahead of time, but we recommend keeping the dressing on the side and adding it right before serving. This will prevent the salad from getting too soggy.

5. How should I chop the ingredients for a chopped salad?

For a chopped salad, we recommend cutting the ingredients into small, bite-sized pieces. This will ensure that every bite has a good mix of all the ingredients. You can also use a food processor to chop the ingredients if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• genburk
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies