• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Colossal Chopped Salad Questions

In summary, for a party with 30 guests, doubling the Colossal Chopped Salad may be enough. It is recommended to mix it in the 8 quart bowl. The Salad and Berry spinner bowl may not be big enough to hold the entire recipe. It is suggested to serve it in the Salad Spinner bowl for a better presentation. Some tips for making this recipe include serving French bread on the side or adding extra veggies instead of doubling the noodles. It is also suggested to provide a good-sized appetizer serving for each guest rather than just a taste.
genburk
Silver Member
I am planning on making this for a party this weekend, and we are expecting about 30 people. I figure if I double the Colossal Chopped Salad, that it would be enough. For the people whom have made this, do you think doubling it would be enough for 30 guests.

Also, do you think I will be able to mix it in the Salad and Berry spinner bowl (double the recipe) or should I mix it in the 8 quart bowl. I don't have any Simple additions to serve it in. I will probably serve it in the Salad Spinner bowl, it presents better than the 8 quart stainless bowl.

Any tips that would be handy for making this recipe? I haven't made it yet, but it looks simple enough.

Thanks in advance.

You don't even need to double it--IT IS HUGE ALREADY!!!!!!:eek:

I saw that you had said that in an earlier thread, but it says it only serves 16. I thought it might be a tad too little for a demo for 30.

It is huge. Remember our demo recipes are for everyone to get a TASTE, not to eat their heart out.

However, this one is easy enough to double, so I would lean towards doing so.

You will need to toss it in the 8 qt bowl if you want it tossed. I usually just layer it in the SA Dots Bowl.

This thing is HUGE! I do not see it all fitting in the salad spinner. I served mine in the large SA bowl, and did not have room for the noodles - we served them separately on the side.

I recommend the 8 qt mixing bowl. We had about 14 people at the show I did this far and they all ate and we about half left over. I agree with Kristin I think it will be enough for 30 to taste. Maybe not gorge out eating but we are just suppose to be there for them to try it.

DebbieJ said:
It is huge. Remember our demo recipes are for everyone to get a TASTE, not to eat their heart out.

However, this one is easy enough to double, so I would lean towards doing so.

You will need to toss it in the 8 qt bowl if you want it tossed. I usually just layer it in the SA Dots Bowl.

I KNOW that is what everyone says....but at 99% of my shows, the guests would be sooooo disappointed if they only got a taste. I don't do a banquet - but I do always make sure there is at least a good-sized appetizer serving for everyone.

jrstephens said:
This thing is HUGE! I do not see it all fitting in the salad spinner. I served mine in the large SA bowl, and did not have room for the noodles - we served them separately on the side.

I recommend the 8 qt mixing bowl. We had about 14 people at the show I did this far and they all ate and we about half left over. I agree with Kristin I think it will be enough for 30 to taste. Maybe not gorge out eating but we are just suppose to be there for them to try it.

This is my reccomendation too! I think that this recipe is very large too! If you think that your must make more, then either do just an extra 1/2 of the recipe or serve french bread with it! I also have make a pepper parmesan pull apart bread with it and it's fabuous! I would not make double! And if you do decide to do a little extra, I would just double the veggies not the noodles! YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF NOODLES!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D
Let us know what you decide! And good luck with 30 guests!! Great job!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I KNOW that is what everyone says....but at 99% of my shows, the guests would be sooooo disappointed if they only got a taste. I don't do a banquet - but I do always make sure there is at least a good-sized appetizer serving for everyone.

Me too! This is exactly what I do! If I'm going to go to a show, I'd want more than a taste, but I wouldn't expect a buffet either!

MissChef said:
This is my reccomendation too! I think that this recipe is very large too! If you think that your must make more, then either do just an extra 1/2 of the recipe or serve french bread with it! I also have make a pepper parmesan pull apart bread with it and it's fabuous! I would not make double! And if you do decide to do a little extra, I would just double the veggies not the noodles! YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF NOODLES!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D
Let us know what you decide! And good luck with 30 guests!! Great job!;)

Me too! This is exactly what I do! If I'm going to go to a show, I'd want more than a taste, but I wouldn't expect a buffet either!

I like the idea of an extra half and just double the veggies. I don't expect guests to feel full, but I think they do like more than a tasting and if it is good, they almost always like to 'taste' just a little bit more.

I actually fear that I would run out of food and them not get to taste any more than I fear them not having enough.

I will post how it goes after the show. It is on June 24th.

Any other tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

Just thought I would add an update...

Well we had about 16-18 adult guest and about 5 children (@ age 2-9). I happened to have about double everything, so I just doubled it. Everybit of it was gone. They raved about it, loved the color of it, and the ease of making it.

I ended up taking two bottles of dressing. The host wanted ranch, but I had a bottle of Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan dressing in the cabinet (had it to make cucumber, tomato, onion, and pasta salad) so I took it along. Made the salad then let them top their own salad with their choice of dressing. 3/4 of the Italian dressing is gone, about 1/2 of the ranch.

I will surely make this again, it is a HUGE salad, and I am sure they had more than a tasting, but I was afraid that we wouldn't have enough for the expected 30 guests.

By the way, this was so huge, I was flinging Romaine lettuce everywhere. Thank Goodness, we were outside.

Vegetarians, What do you Demo?I am a vegetarian for 15 years. Often the hottest recipes involve the handling of meat. ex. barbecue pork roast in the deep covered baker or the 30 min. chicken. I often do Dessert Shows, what are some other great ideas /recipes that other vegetarian consultants have found successful?

Julie

I think you could make this salad without the chicken and it would be fine. It is very colorful, very big, and very easy. Lots of flavor, I had several bites without the chicken and it still tasted great.

chefjwr said:
I am a vegetarian for 15 years. Often the hottest recipes involve the handling of meat. ex. barbecue pork roast in the deep covered baker or the 30 min. chicken. I often do Dessert Shows, what are some other great ideas /recipes that other vegetarian consultants have found successful?

Julie

Are all the people you demo for vegetarians too?

I don't have this recipeHi-
I am a new consultant and I am doing a salad show on Friday night. Can someone share this chopped salad recipe with me?

It's in the current Season's Best.

Great, thanks!

I have made the salad for a couple of my shows, because its so universal on how you can present it...it makes a wonderful demo. A lot of people are looking for new salads to take to BBQ or potlucks. You can always add more veggies than what the recipe calls for and the idea of using ANY kind of salad dressing is wonderful. I've done Italian, Cesaer Pamesan, and Ranch....all fabulous. Maybe instead of chicken you can do cumbled bacon???

WAVE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacon sounds really good for this recipe.

so was feta cheese and skip the broccoli

I will be making this for our camping trip the 4th we try to pack a light lunch so we don't have to manuever the camper into a fast food parking lot.
I will make it in the large solo cups it is easier to eat and you can put it in the cup holder while eating a sandwich

What is a Colossal Chopped Salad?

A Colossal Chopped Salad is a large, hearty salad made with a variety of fresh vegetables, protein, and dressing. It is typically served as a main course and is perfect for sharing at a party or potluck.

What ingredients are typically included in a Colossal Chopped Salad?

The specific ingredients can vary, but some common ones include lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, avocado, cheese, and protein such as chicken, steak, or tofu. The salad is then topped with a flavorful dressing.

Can I customize my Colossal Chopped Salad?

Yes, absolutely! You can add or omit any ingredients based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. You can also experiment with different dressings to find your favorite combination.

How do I chop the ingredients for a Colossal Chopped Salad?

The easiest way to chop the ingredients for a Colossal Chopped Salad is to use a sharp knife and a large cutting board. Start by washing and drying all the vegetables, then chop them into small, bite-sized pieces. You can also use a food processor or salad chopper if you prefer.

How far in advance can I make a Colossal Chopped Salad?

It is best to make a Colossal Chopped Salad right before serving, as the vegetables may become soggy if left sitting for too long. However, you can chop the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • minirottie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies