• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pork Noodle Skillet in Crockpot?

In summary, this recipe allows for any type of pork to be used, such as pork loin, shoulder, or tenderloin. Browning the pork before adding it to the crockpot is optional. Other types of pasta, such as penne, rotini, or spaghetti, can be substituted for egg noodles. The dish should cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 3-4 hours on high heat, and vegetables can be added, such as carrots, onions, and bell peppers. It is recommended to cut the vegetables into small pieces for even cooking.
kam
Staff member
Just wondering if anyone has made the Asian Pork (Chicken) & Noodle Skillet -then put it in a Crockpot to keep it warm?

Wondering how it would do for a party if I made it and then stuck it in a crockpot...

Kathleen, I think the noodles would tend to get too mushy if you kept them in there for very long. We use this dish for "planned over lunches" frequently and while they are still good, they aren't as good as when freshly made if that makes sense or helps in any way.​

LeslieSGI said:
Kathleen, I think the noodles would tend to get too mushy if you kept them in there for very long. We use this dish for "planned over lunches" frequently and while they are still good, they aren't as good as when freshly made if that makes sense or helps in any way.​

Yes, thank you. I would not want the noddles to get mushy. And I definitely would need it to last for awhile in the Crock Pot. I am just trying to come up with something interesting for the crock pot.

1. Can I use any type of pork for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pork for this recipe. Pork loin, pork shoulder, or pork tenderloin all work well in this dish. Just make sure to trim off any excess fat before cooking.

2. Do I have to brown the pork before adding it to the crockpot?

No, you do not have to brown the pork before adding it to the crockpot. Browning the pork can add extra flavor, but it is not necessary for this recipe.

3. Can I substitute the egg noodles for another type of pasta?

Yes, you can substitute the egg noodles for another type of pasta. Penne, rotini, or even spaghetti would work well in this dish. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of pasta you use.

4. How long should I cook this dish in the crockpot?

This dish should cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 3-4 hours on high heat. Make sure to check the pork for doneness before serving.

5. Can I add vegetables to this dish?

Yes, you can add vegetables to this dish. Carrots, onions, and bell peppers would all be great additions. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into small pieces so they cook evenly with the pork and noodles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Norma Goolsby Thomas
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Norma Goolsby Thomas
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • babywings76