• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Potato Chowder in the Crockpot?

In summary, This potato soup recipe uses frozen hash brown potatoes, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and cream cheese. It can be cooked in a 6 quart electric slow cooker for 5 hours, or in a DCB for 2 hours. It can be garnished with green onion, if desired.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I've been asked to bring a crockpot of soup to school for an employee luncheon next week. I was thinking about doubling the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe and putting it in the crockpot. Do you think it would be okay? It will be kept warm in the crockpot for a couple of hours - don't think it will 'seperate' do you? I was thinking that it would be okay....thoughts?

I can't say for sure..so this is only my opinion..but..I would not think twice about trying it..I think that that would work out fine.

I think it would be OK, as long as it's not on all day. And put it on Low if your Crockpot has that option. I'd hate for the milk to burn because the heat was too high.

I've done it before. I have a large crockpot, and 2 batches made in the DCB fits it perfectly. It was everyone's favorite recipe that day. I kept it on low and it didn't separate. It did thicken a bit, but I use 2% milk.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

I've used the crockpot too. I made it in the DCB and transferred to the crockpot to keep warm for a few hours. Turned out great!

I just put a similar recipe in my crock pot ... it uses cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, diced potatoes, cream cheese and corn, plus sausage and onion. (I left out the parsley because i was all out, and used regular sausage instead of Chorizo because it was all I had.) I hope it's good!(My crock pot book said cream soups are better than milk products because they don't break down as easy.)

Here's my recipe.Hash brown Potato Soup
1 ( 30 ounce) Bag frozen hash brown potatoes
3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
½ c. chopped onions
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Garnish: minced green onions
In a 6 quart electric slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese: cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined. Garnish with green onion, if desired.

What ingredients do I need to make Baked Potato Chowder in the Crockpot?

You will need 6 medium-sized potatoes, 1 small onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 tablespoon of dried parsley, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, salt, and pepper.

Do I need to peel the potatoes for this recipe?

It is recommended to peel the potatoes for a smoother consistency in the chowder. However, if you prefer a chunkier texture, you can leave the skin on or peel only half of the potatoes.

Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?

Yes, you can substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian option. You can also use half chicken broth and half vegetable broth for a lighter flavor.

How long should I cook the chowder in the crockpot?

Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. The chowder is ready when the potatoes are fork-tender and the flavors have melded together.

Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the chowder in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • lakamper