1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Baked Potato Chowder in the crockpot?

1. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I've been asked to bring a crockpot of soup to school for an employee luncheon next week. I was thinking about doubling the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe and putting it in the crockpot. Do you think it would be okay? It will be kept warm in the crockpot for a couple of hours - don't think it will 'seperate' do you? I was thinking that it would be okay....thoughts?

2. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

I can't say for sure..so this is only my opinion..but..I would not think twice about trying it..I think that that would work out fine.

3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I think it would be OK, as long as it's not on all day. And put it on Low if your Crockpot has that option. I'd hate for the milk to burn because the heat was too high.

Dec 9, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've done it before. I have a large crockpot, and 2 batches made in the DCB fits it perfectly. It was everyone's favorite recipe that day. I kept it on low and it didn't separate. It did thicken a bit, but I use 2% milk.

Dec 9, 2009
  5. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

6. junkfortara

junkfortara Member Gold Member

I've used the crockpot too. I made it in the DCB and transferred to the crockpot to keep warm for a few hours. Turned out great!

Dec 9, 2009
  7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I just put a similar recipe in my crock pot ... it uses cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, diced potatoes, cream cheese and corn, plus sausage and onion. (I left out the parsley because i was all out, and used regular sausage instead of Chorizo because it was all I had.) I hope it's good!

(My crock pot book said cream soups are better than milk products because they don't break down as easy.)

8. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

Here's my recipe.

Hash brown Potato Soup
    1 ( 30 ounce) Bag frozen hash brown potatoes
    3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
    1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
    ½ c. chopped onions
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    Garnish: minced green onions
    In a 6 quart electric slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese: cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined. Garnish with green onion, if desired.

Dec 9, 2009
Have something to add?