• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray Thursday, March 27 @ 1 Pm Pst

In summary, my aunt is having her surgery tomorrow, Thursday, March 27 @ 1 PM California time. They are anticipating a 4-5 hour surgery ~ barring no complications ~ I
Kitchen2u
My Aunt with the brain tumor is having her surgery tomorrow, Thursday, March 27 @ 1 PM California time. They are anticipating a 4-5 hour surgery ~ barring no complications ~ I just pray she gets through it without any complicatiuons and back on the road to recovery soon.

I would appreciate some extra prayers for her. Thank you!

Prayers coming your way Ginny!!!

Praying for your aunt, Ginny - may she come through surgery with flying colors!

I will definately be thinking of her...

praying for your family.

I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers.

I'm bumping this up because they should be well into this by now and I just suddenly had to find this and remind us all to remember and pray... it's all very serious and so scary... I pray God guides the entire medical team and wraps His love around this whole family!

Didn't see this yesterday, but said a prayer now... I'm guessing should be about 1/2 way through the surgery by now.

Said a prayer, too!

Thanks for bumping Diane, I was thinking of it this afternoon too...hopefully we'll hear something later tonight...

quiverfull7 said:
I'm bumping this up because they should be well into this by now and I just suddenly had to find this and remind us all to remember and pray... it's all very serious and so scary... I pray God guides the entire medical team and wraps His love around this whole family!

You're a sweetie Diane...thanks. I've been gone to my Director's meeting...now I'm getting ready for my show tonight.

No news yet. I just called my Mom...they're still in surgery...I was hoping to get some kind of update before I left for my show.

Is this weird...my heart started to ache...just a weird feeling. I looked at my cell phone...it was 1 PM when surgery was suppose to start. When I called my Mom at 1:10...I told her about that and she said "they started right on time Gin"

I taught my Mom how to text message before she left. So I'm hoping she remembers to text me when I'm at my show ~ a little anixous...but doing tonight's show is probably the best for me.

Thanks everyone...keep praying! Love ya all...

Oh no....Mom just called. The surgery is running longer than expected because they've run into some complications. Mom doesn't know what. The assisting doctor came out and said, "we've got a complications, it's going to take longer than expeceted...maybe a couple more hours." That's it...turned around and ran back into the OR. There's a team of 5 doctors...I had to ask Mom..."what was he coming out for ~ shouldn't he be IN there?"

So pleaseeeeeeeeeee keep your prayers coming ~

HOPEFULLY complications are just difficulty GETTING to the tumor, not physical issues like her crashing. We'll keep praying! Keep us posted later!

Father God you hold this sweet soul in Your hands... and we lift her up to you! Please guide every word, every tool, every cell of every person who is in this surgery... Lord... they are tired now too and they need You and Your strength so badly... give them clear eyes and clear minds and sustain them and everyone involved! Bless this family and give the successful surgery we are all asking you for. Amen

Any news??

Sorry folks...it was a rough night. I was on the phone (off and on) with my Mom until after 2 AM. I was so wrapped up and tired, I forgot to give you an update. I apologize...

The 4-5 hour surgery ended up taking over 11 hours. It wasn't as easy as the surgeons originally thought. The tumor was not a clean cut out but inbedded in and around the brain area...so cutting git out took much longer than expected. She crashed right after the Dr came out and told my Uncle, cousin, and Mom/Dad it was going to take longer. Thank goodness she came back to us! Then she crashed again and again. At one point during the surgery, they didn't know if if was in her best interest to continue with the surgery, But thanks to one of the Docs who thought he could do it...did. So surgery was over at about 12:20 this morning. I wouldn't go to sleep until my Auntie Rose came out of the anesthesia...that was about 4 hours ago.

Mom was concerned because she was in so much pain. But later found out, she was only given an extremely low dose of pain med ~ like Tylenol becuase of the type of surgery ~ they need to know about brain functions/activity, limb movements and other things like eyes, speech, etc. She's in UCI for about the next 3-4 days, depending on her progress. They're concerned about her heart now! There was no indications or reasons why she crashed...they are very concern right now more about her heart than her brain! We won't know if any brain damage has been done until the days to follow.

I've decided I would fly down (Los Angeles area) tonight after my meeting and come back Sat afternoon before my Uncle's 1st year memorial service and Robyn's Jr. Prom Saturday night. I could tell by the "sound" of my Mom's voice, she needed one of us kids down there with them. Luckily my cousin is there (flew in from Hawaii), but my gut feeling is telling me to go down...so I'm going to surprised them and show up. I have another Aunt and Uncle down there too, but all of them with the exception of my Mom (76) are in their 80's.

I'll post updates as I get them from my Mom, if any...but just so you know...I may not be able to get to a computer to get you updates while I'm down there.

Thanks again ~ Auntie Rose still needs your pryaers...

Thanks for the update Ginny. My prayers will be for your Auntie and for each one of you!

Thanks for the update Ginny, sorry you had such a rough night, but SOOOO glad she made it out.Have a safe trip and keep us posted when you can - we'll keep you and your family in our prayers!

Gin, thanks for updating us. Safe travels. You & your family will be in my prayers.

Ginny...prayers for traveling mercies to you!

Glad to hear she made it through the surgery...now for God to touch her and heal her. Take care.

Hi everyone ! Got home about 3PM...straight to the church for the memorial, then rushed home to get Robyn off to her Jr. Prom...she was beautiful :D then off to dinner with the family...just got home...pooped but thought I'd update you before I hit the sack.

Auntie Rose's condition has not changed. She's "hanging on with a thread" as the doctor put it. My Uncle is acutally doing better than I thought, my Mom and Auntie Mary are a wreck. So when I showed up, I think it was a good diversion for them. I am soooo glad I went down there. They needed someone...my Dad and Uncle (Mom's brother and my Dad's best friend, that's how my Mom/Dad got together!) were fine...they were the optimists in the group. Though I didn't get to see my Aunt...no one has...not even my Uncle...I felt a peace when I was there. This overwhelming calming came about me. Words can't explain what I really felt.

Mom/Dad are going to be staying down there for awhile. So I'm sure I'll be getting daily updates.

Thanks everyone for your words of kindness and prayers...I REALLY appreciate ALL of you!

Ginny - glad to hear she is alive, I hope you get some better news soon.
I'm also glad you could support your family.Get some rest and keep us posted when you can of course, real family should come first!We'll keep praying for your family and your aunt.

Ginny--I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know God has everything under control. Hang in there and please do keep us posted on how things are going.

Ginny,

You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. Please remember to take a little time for yourself!

Thanks everyone...

Diane...I think I do better when I on the go all the time LOL :yuck:

Update:

Pain: Finally her pain is being managed a little better. The glue they used to put the scull piece they cut out to removed the tumor apparently was creating the extra pain...she had an allergic reaction to it. She went back into surgery, removed the piece, cleaned it off and put it back into place with something else (Mom didn't know). Now the pain is the "normal" pain expected.

Heart: From some miraculous occurance, her heart is doing GREAT! :D The scary part, they have no idea what happened, happened. So they will continue to monitor with a cardiologist for the rest of her life.

ICU: She's still in ICU, but can have one visitor 3 times a day for 5 minutes. So my Uncle went in first, then let my Mom and other Aunt in. Today my Uncle, Dad and other Uncle will see her. The Drs are hoping to let more visits for longer time periods soon...maybe in a few days.

So THANKS to everyone here praying and sending your kind thoughts. I KNOW and BELIEVE in the power of prayer. You guys are the best! I'll continue to update Auntie Rose's condition as I hear. Have a great week!

Glad to hear the progression is positive! Yeah!

Wow ! ! ! !Thanks Janet...

She's getting OUT of ICU today!!! We are on the fast road to recovery now!

I just want to thank EVERYONE for your kinds thoughts and prayers...thanks for being instrumental in my Auntie Rose's recovery! You guys are the BEST!!!

That's wonderful news!

W O W ! ! ! !Thanks Janet...

She's getting OUT of ICU today!!! :D :D :D We are on the fast road to recovery now!

I just want to thank EVERYONE for your kinds thoughts and prayers...thanks for being instrumental in my Auntie Rose's recovery! You guys are the :love: :love: BEST!!!:love: :love:

Thanks for the great news!!

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad that your Aunt is moving out of ICU- she'll be home before you know it!

Related to Please Pray Thursday, March 27 @ 1 Pm Pst

1. What is "Please Pray Thursday"?

"Please Pray Thursday" is a tradition within the Pampered Chef community where we come together to pray for someone in need on a designated day and time.

2. When is the next "Please Pray Thursday" event?

The next "Please Pray Thursday" event is on Thursday, March 27 at 1 PM PST.

3. Who is the recipient of the prayers for this "Please Pray Thursday" event?

The recipient of the prayers for this "Please Pray Thursday" event is an aunt who will be undergoing brain tumor surgery on Thursday, March 27 at 1 PM California time.

4. How long is the surgery expected to take?

The surgery is expected to take 4-5 hours, barring any complications.

5. How can I participate in "Please Pray Thursday"?

To participate in "Please Pray Thursday," simply take a moment at the designated time to pray for the recipient and their family. You can also share the event with others and ask them to join in on the prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates