• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Please Pray for My Husband's Gastric Bypass Surgery Tomorrow?

In summary, the surgery went well and he is doing well. He is having a hard time eating because he is not hungry and is drinking a lot of fluids. His journey continues.
Kitchen2u
This is :cry: tearing me and the kids :cry: apart. We're excited for him, but we're not looking forward to the 2-2 1/2 hour surgery tomorrow. He's having gastric bypass tomorrow. We wished he could have lost it by dieting and exercise, but it wasn't happening for him and it's at the point where his health is suffering. So we all know it's for his own good, but it's just plain HARD for us.

I would appreciate if you would think of him when you're praying...

Absolutely!

Sending tons of hugs and prayers your way for you, DH and the kids!

good luck to him!!

Ginny~

I pray for a successful surgery with no complications during or after the surgery. I pray that God will give DH, as well as you and your family, a sense of peace throughout today and tomorrow. That God will hold your DH in His hand and keep him safe...now and during the recovery process! And for great improvements in his health as he loses the weight! God bless!

You know prayers are coming your way from me!!!! :):):)

love ya!

Prayers, prayers and more prayers!:angel:

Love hugs and prayers are coming your way!

Prayers coming your way. There have been a few women on this site who have undergone bypass surgery. Maybe they'll come forward and you can talk with them - they can show you what to expect and how to best support him (and your family).

Best of luck, and I'm glad your husband is doing what is needed to take care of himself so that he can be with you for many years!

Praying for safety and peace for you. I have a few coworkers who have had this done and are doing great. I hope he has the same success.

He's in my prayers, as are you.

Warm wishes for a speedy recovery!

Consider him covered in prayer and in the healing and protective blood of Jesus...

Kindly,
Kristine (aka Kitchen Diva)

You, DH, and your family are all in my prayers too.

Ginny - I hope you get on and update us! :)

Prayers for you and your family Ginny. Please keep us updated on his status.

Ginny, any updates on your husband?

Thanks so much! You're the BEST!What a ride ~ we're on and ready to go now! The last couple of days have been a whirl wind. The surgery was in Freemont, CA ~ an hour & 40 minute drive (without traffic problems) for us. Left Monday morning early, just in case we ran into bad traffic (happens often on the route we take). Ended up getting there an hour early. So we decided to kill some time and we went out to the hotel I was going to be staying at. Still ended up getting there a half hour ahead of time...only to find out they were running late! Mind you, Robert's a diabetic...last time he ate was 5 PM on Sunday.

He wasn't taken in for surgery until 4:30 PM ! ! ! ! Surgery started at 5 PM and the Dr came out at 7 PM ~ just as planned. Said it couldn't have gone any more PERFECT! YEAH!!! He looked at all his organs and they looked great too, no surprises. DOUBLE YEAH!!! Was able to do it laparoscopic (six 1" incisions vs one 6" incision!) TRIPLE YEAH!!! "if everything goes well, you will be going home tomorrow night!" QUADRUPLE YEAH!!!

So this morning the Dr was suppose to be by around 11 AM...hummm, by 2 PM I decided to walk down to the gift shop to get a magazine...which they didn't have any (can you imagine?) ~ and YEP ~ you guessed right...Dr came by when I was gone...FIGURES! Ugh!

I LOVED the look on Robert's face when he told me "looks like I have a good chance of going home tonight since I'm doing so well."

Yep...we're HOME ! ! ! The ride home was a bit uncomforatble for him...but he's good now that he's in our Sleep Number bed versus the hard hospital bed.

KNOCK ON WOOD...he's doing GREAT!!! He's having a hard time eating since he's not hungry. Drinking the 64 oz of fluid is the hardest for him. He gets to eat 3 tablespooons of clear liquids, pudding, jello, cream soups, etc. All sugar free. Now our REAL JOURNEY begins!

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE WITH ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES. THANKS FOR HELPING US THROUGH THIS! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Ginny,

So glad to hear how wonderfully the surgery went! We've all been thinking and praying for you ~ thanks for the update!

YEA! for your family!:thumbup: :D

Wonderful! I can tell you are so thrilled! It will be a hard road ahead adjusting, but I am thankful he will be getting better!

God is good..... ALL THE TIME!

It really is a LIFE change! I am so happy to hear it all went well. He will stay in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

I will pray for a quick return to a "new" Normal for all of you! :)

Thanks ladies ~

This morning is not as great as yesterday. He's in a LOT of pain this morning. :( At this point, we are guessing it's being caused by his CPAP machine...trapped excess air because he's congested...this happens because you tend to breathe with your mouth open an air gets trapped in your stomach when you do this.

Nurse Ginny gave him his Tums, Tylencol with Codeine and had him walk around the house to try to relieve some of the gas. It helped enough so that he's back to sleeping right now...phew! :yuck: We'll be calling the surgeon at 9 AM when the office opens, just to make sure.

When Ryan (son) got up to go to work this morning...he reheated his Chinese food for breakfast. Robert said he just about puked (normal!).

So right now, he's peacefully sleeping :indif: on the couch with the dogs at his feet!:)

Of course, the pain meds are always better in the hospital too!

Is that procedure cover by insurance? I have been thinking of getting it done once I get another job.

chefkristin said:
Is that procedure cover by insurance? I have been thinking of getting it done once I get another job.

Kristin ~ I believe it depends on your coverage. We have Kaiser with the State of California and it IS covered ~ they catagorize it as PREVENTATIVE medicine. What's NOT covered is the removal of excess skin after the weight loss.

Kitchen2u said:
Kristin ~ I believe it depends on your coverage. We have Kaiser with the State of California and it IS covered ~ they catagorize it as PREVENTATIVE medicine. What's NOT covered is the removal of excess skin after the weight loss.
AH! Good to know. Thanks. I am in MA and have crappy insurance right now.

What wonderful news! His continued healing will be in my prayers.

Related to Can You Please Pray for My Husband's Gastric Bypass Surgery Tomorrow?

1. How can I request prayers for my husband?

You can reach out to your friends and family and ask them to pray for your husband. You can also post your request on social media or online prayer groups.

2. Can I request prayers for my husband's specific needs?

Yes, you can absolutely ask for prayers for your husband's specific needs. Be specific in your request so that others can pray for those specific needs.

3. Do I have to be religious to request prayers for my husband?

No, you do not have to be religious to request prayers for your husband. Anyone can ask for prayers, regardless of their beliefs.

4. Can I request prayers for my husband's health?

Yes, you can certainly ask for prayers for your husband's health. Many people find comfort and strength in knowing that others are praying for their loved one's health.

5. Can I request prayers for my husband without disclosing personal information?

Yes, you can request prayers for your husband without sharing personal information. You can simply request prayers for your husband's well-being and leave out any personal details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies