• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Breast Cancer Fundraiser on a Budget

In summary, the conversation discusses a potential fundraiser for breast cancer at a community center, which was later cancelled due to concerns about expenses. The speaker is seeking suggestions on how to make the event more affordable and persuade the participants to move forward with the fundraiser. Kimberly suggests clarifying the expenses and finding ways to reduce costs, and the speaker agrees to do so.
Chef Stacy Edwards
:( I have a question maybe someone here could help me..I had a couple ladies at a show last week and they are doing the walk for breast cancer. Well they were talking to me about doing a fundraiser at a community center or somewhere like that.
Anyway I gave them the info and were good to go. Then I did a follow up call this week, they decided they couldn't afford to do it. (food, drinks etc.. i guess). Well it stumped me and I didn't know where to go with that. So now they are holding off. I wish I could of come back with something great to offer but not cost me alot either.

I know I would do a demo recipe and a extra on the side but is that all I was to offer or should I have offered More...I have never done a fundraiser so I was confused.. Any suggestions..TIA

I guess I would want to clarify what the expenses are that they are concerned about. Were they planning to rent a community center room and that became cost prohibitive? Then i would suggest having it in someone's home, or maybe you could contact some area churches etc and ask for space as it is for a fundraiser. It seems odd to me that they would be thinking the cost of food would be prohibitive... maybe you just need to remind them that it only needs to be one recipe and some pop or coffee... and figure out first what you are comfortable supplying yourself.

If it were me, I'd call them back and say something like "I've been thinking about this and know if we put our heads together we can find a way to make this affordable and raise the funds you've set as a goal" then go into actual costs etc. Good luck!

Thanks Kimberly, I will do that tomorrow, I am still puzzled about it but hopefully i can persuade them into it. I appreciate your input thanks again. It helps.

I agree with kimberly. Find out what they think the costs were going to be and see if there is a way to drop the cost.

Hi there,Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Fundraisers can be a great way to give back to the community and support important causes like breast cancer awareness. It's unfortunate that the ladies you spoke with ultimately couldn't afford to do the fundraiser at this time.One suggestion I have is to offer them a "virtual" fundraiser option. This way, they can still support the cause and raise funds without having to worry about the cost of food and drinks. You can provide them with a personalized link or code that they can share with their friends and family. For every purchase made using that link or code, a portion of the sales can go towards the fundraiser. This way, they can still raise funds and you can also reach a wider audience.Another idea is to offer a "pampered chef party in a box" where you provide them with a party kit that includes all the necessary supplies for a pampered chef demo, as well as some extra goodies like recipe cards or small samples. They can then host their own mini-party at the community center or wherever they choose. This way, they can still have the event without worrying about the cost of food and drinks.I hope these suggestions are helpful to you. Fundraisers can be a great opportunity for both giving back and growing your business. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or our team. We are always here to support you.Best of luck with your future fundraising endeavors!Warmly,
A fellow pampered chef consultant

Related to Planning a Breast Cancer Fundraiser on a Budget

What is the best way to plan a breast cancer fundraiser on a budget?

The best way to plan a breast cancer fundraiser on a budget is to start by setting a realistic budget and sticking to it. Look for ways to save money, such as finding a donated venue or asking for donated items for the event. You can also consider teaming up with other organizations or businesses to share resources and costs.

How can I create a successful fundraising event without breaking the bank?

To create a successful fundraising event without breaking the bank, focus on the purpose of the event and keep things simple. Utilize low-cost or free marketing strategies, such as social media and word of mouth, to promote the event. Also, consider asking for volunteers to help with tasks instead of hiring paid staff.

What are some creative ways to raise funds for breast cancer awareness?

Some creative ways to raise funds for breast cancer awareness include hosting a virtual event, such as a virtual 5k or online auction, selling merchandise with a portion of proceeds going towards the cause, and organizing a bake sale or other type of community fundraiser. You can also reach out to local businesses to see if they would be willing to donate a portion of their sales for a day to the cause.

How can I make sure that the majority of the funds raised actually go towards breast cancer research and support?

To ensure that the majority of the funds raised go towards breast cancer research and support, choose a reputable breast cancer organization or charity to donate the funds to. You can also set up a designated fund or work with the organization to determine how the funds will be allocated. Be transparent with donors about where their money is going and provide updates on the impact their contributions are making.

Are there any legal or logistical considerations I need to keep in mind when planning a breast cancer fundraiser on a budget?

Yes, there are a few legal and logistical considerations to keep in mind when planning a breast cancer fundraiser on a budget. Make sure to obtain any necessary permits or licenses for the event, especially if serving food or alcohol. It's also important to keep accurate records of all donations and expenses for tax purposes. Additionally, be aware of any specific guidelines or restrictions from the organization you are donating to, and follow proper protocol for handling and distributing funds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Robynchefcanada
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Robynchefcanada
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies