• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pink Eye: How Long Before Contagion Ceases?

In summary, pink eye is contagious for 7-10 days as long as there is discharge. It is not recommended to go to work while infected to prevent spreading. To prevent spreading, wash hands frequently, avoid touching eyes, and avoid sharing personal items. Most cases can be treated at home with warm compresses and eye drops, but consult a doctor if symptoms persist. To soothe discomfort, use a cool compress and avoid wearing contact lenses until the infection clears.
Jennie4PC
I oke up this morning ith pink eye and I as wondering how long do I have to go with out my contacts? And wearing no make up so that I dont contaminate those items. I know you have to take the eye drops for 24hrs before you are not contagious. ( Yes I know its pink eye cause my DS just got over it)

Thanks KG it looks like I have to wear glasses all week. I hate glasses!!!

I was actually told by my doctor to get rid of all makeup that was worn within the last week because you never know if it was infected before you "broke out".

luckily I dont ear much make up just to my shows and church, so I should be fine ith my make up since my show for last night cancelled on me

You might want to wash all your brushes just in case. I wouldn't take the risk!

Related to Pink Eye: How Long Before Contagion Ceases?

1. How long is pink eye contagious?

Pink eye is contagious as long as there is discharge coming from the eye. This can last for 7-10 days.

2. Can I still go to work if I have pink eye?

No, it is recommended to stay home until the infection clears up to prevent spreading it to others.

3. How can I prevent spreading pink eye to others?

Wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your eyes, and avoid sharing personal items such as towels or eye makeup.

4. Can pink eye be treated at home?

Most cases of pink eye can be treated at home with warm compresses and over-the-counter eye drops. However, if symptoms persist or worsen, it is best to consult a doctor.

5. How can I soothe the discomfort of pink eye?

Using a cool compress and over-the-counter lubricating eye drops can help alleviate the discomfort of pink eye. It is also important to avoid wearing contact lenses until the infection has cleared up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • DebbieSAChef